ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
scho63 02:06 PM 03-27-2023
Did he reinjure himself stepping off the podium at the presser?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:19 PM 03-31-2023
Contract Details: Gardner-Johnson, Hardman, Fowler, Murphy-Bunting
March 31st, 2023 at 7:46pm CST • By Ely Allen
Here are some of the details on a few deals reached around the league recently:

C.J. Gardner-Johnson, S (Lions): One-year, $6.5MM. The deal, according to Aaron Wilson of KPRC 2, is completely guaranteed with a signing bonus of $4MM and a fully guaranteed base salary of $2.5MM. The contract also includes a second, void year to spread out his cap hit. Gardner-Johnson can earn an additional $1.5MM based on incentives. There’s a potential for him to make $375,000 each for playing 70-percent of the team’s defensive snaps and/or intercepting three passes. He can make an additional $375,000 each for upping those numbers to 80% and five interceptions. Unfortunately, these potential bonuses are conditional. Even if he checks all those boxes, Gardner-Johnson will reportedly only receive his money if the Lions are in the top 16 in the league for yards allowed.
Mecole Hardman, WR (Jets): One-year, $4.5MM. We’ve already reported some details of Hardman’s new contract. Thanks to Wilson, we have a bit more information on the incentives of the deal. Depending on receptions, Hardman can earn $125,000 if he catches 50 passes or more, $250,000 for 60, and $500,000 for 70. For yards, Hardman can receive $125,000 for 650 receiving yards or more, $250,000 for 750, and $500,000 for 850. For touchdowns, Hardman can earn $125,000 for catching six touchdowns, $250,000 for eight, and $500,000 for 10. Lastly, Hardman can receive $250,000 for a wild card win or bye, $250,000 for a divisional round win, $250,000 for a conference championship, and $250,000 for a Super Bowl win. In total, that makes $2.5MM available through incentives. The Jets are expecting big things out of Hardman, as he would’ve only earned the bottom-level of each incentive once over his four-year career with the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:21 PM 03-31-2023
Christ, can you at least put some paragraph breaks in that?
[Reply]
-King- 09:56 AM 05-03-2023
Jets just signed Randall Cobb. This isn't looking too good for Hardman
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Jets just signed Randall Cobb. This isn't looking too good for Hardman
He's an idiot.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:18 AM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's an idiot.
Rodgers is well known for throwing to guys he's familiar with too, so he's really in trouble. He isn't hitting any of those incentives. Plus, Hardman's horrible route running will drive him nuts. He'll lose trust in him very quickly.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 05-03-2023
Looks like he's just going to be a jet sweep guy...
[Reply]
BWillie 12:00 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This was said right after they drafted Skyy Moore. Pretty direct shot at Mecole..

And then he didnt. At least a few times.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:11 PM 05-03-2023
Hope he be a gunner on ST , or else he won’t play much , going from a number 3 in a high powered offense to a number 5-6 on the Jets has got to sting a little
[Reply]
tredadda 12:19 PM 05-03-2023
Outside of STs I just don't see him having a role with the Jets. This is definitely one of those decisions that he made that seems to be backfiring. Thoughts on bringing him back if he's cut by the NYJ? Or has that ship sailed? He does bring speed and knowledge of the offense.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:29 PM 05-03-2023
Cobb is past old. Surely he can beat him out.
[Reply]
Shoes 12:38 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Hope he be a gunner on ST , or else he won’t play much , going from a number 3 in a high powered offense to a number 5-6 on the Jets has got to sting a little
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Outside of STs I just don't see him having a role with the Jets. This is definitely one of those decisions that he made that seems to be backfiring. Thoughts on bringing him back if he's cut by the NYJ? Or has that ship sailed? He does bring speed and knowledge of the offense.
Fellas, Hardman ain't playing special teams. He's probably the 2nd best slot receiver on that team behind Wilson. Wilson though is a great receiver inside and outside so the Jets can be creative with how they want to deploy him. The Jets will have personnel packages that include both Wilson and Hardman on the field.

Randall Cobb is ancient- will be 33 by the team the season starts. Cobb is insurance more than anything, starting Cobb over Hardman doesn't give you the best chance to succeed. Hardman's role with NYJ will be similar to what it was here- gadget + receiver who can stretch a defense. The NYJ receivers don't have a ton of top end speed outside of Hardman, he will be utilized accordingly.

I'm not torn up about Hardman gone at all but we don't have to downplay his capabilities since he isn't a Chief anymore. He's a complimentary weapon with a specific skill set.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:51 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Looks like he's just going to be a jet sweep guy...
I feel like mecole and obj both left because they had too much pride to accept a demotion, so they went to another team to take less money. In mecoles case he took less money and accepted a demotion.

If he was willing to just return kicks and be used as a gadget guy he’d be a nice option and I kinda wish we stuck with him. But I think he had too much pride to do that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I feel like mecole and obj both left because they had too much pride to accept a demotion, so they went to another team to take less money. In mecoles case he took less money and accepted a demotion.

If he was willing to just return kicks and be used as a gadget guy he’d be a nice option and I kinda wish we stuck with him. But I think he had too much pride to do that.
One of the things about winning championships is that everybody seems to have an inflated view of themselves as individual players.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:55 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Fellas, Hardman ain't playing special teams. He's probably the 2nd best slot receiver on that team behind Wilson. Wilson though is a great receiver inside and outside so the Jets can be creative with how they want to deploy him. The Jets will have personnel packages that include both Wilson and Hardman on the field.

Randall Cobb is ancient- will be 33 by the team the season starts. Cobb is insurance more than anything, starting Cobb over Hardman doesn't give you the best chance to succeed. Hardman's role with NYJ will be similar to what it was here- gadget + receiver who can stretch a defense. The NYJ receivers don't have a ton of top end speed outside of Hardman, he will be utilized accordingly.

I'm not torn up about Hardman gone at all but we don't have to downplay his capabilities since he isn't a Chief anymore. He's a complimentary weapon with a specific skill set.
On third down I’m trusting Wilson/Lazard/Cobb way before hardman , probably Davis too.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Up