ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 247
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:01 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
He played two playoff games.

Peyton Manning was perfect in the 2003 playoffs until he wasn’t (he threw 4 picks in the AFCCG). It gets a lot harder to be great in the playoffs the further you go in them
He played a perfect game against a Belichick defense in absolutely frigid weather in the playoffs. There may not be another single game accomplishment at that level for years.

And do you recall who coached the defense that intercepted Manning 4 times? Hint: look up.

The Bills are damn good. They’re not flawless and the Tre White injury leaves them really thin at corner, but no reason to think they’re overrated.
[Reply]
TEX 07:02 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Nope, they're not overhyped at all. That's a truly great team. It took Mahomes's best night to beat them and I think the Bills are even better with Von Miller in the fold.

With that said, the Bills went all in. That means the pressure is on them. We in this golden era of Chiefs football are use to it, we've been there. They haven't, ever, in the history of their franchise. The choke meter is running high.

I will say it is surprising they're favored in every game though. I'm not putting much stock into that. Obviously they're going to have a game or two like the JAX game last year.
Exactly the case. They are very good and are the legit favorites going into the season. However, with great expectations comes even greater pressure... We'll find out this season if the Bills have what it takes - Not just the players, coaching staff as well.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:03 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Dude was perfect in the playoffs
Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look at the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.
[Reply]
TEX 07:13 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.
Oh, I know. That all gets lost because at the end of the game, the Bills seemingly had it in hand. But every time one team HAD to respond, the Chiefs did. All the best defense in the NFL had to do to win the game was play defense for one of the final two drives. They failed. KC won.... I laugh at those that say the Bills should have had the chance to get the ball in OT....Well, everyone knew the rules. The EXACT thing happened the following week, difference was, the Bengals played defense and won the game. THE END.
[Reply]
Best22 07:48 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He played a perfect game against a Belichick defense in absolutely frigid weather in the playoffs. There may not be another single game accomplishment at that level for years.

And do you recall who coached the defense that intercepted Manning 4 times? Hint: look up.

The Bills are damn good. They’re not flawless and the Tre White injury leaves them really thin at corner, but no reason to think they’re overrated.
You can’t compare the 2003 Patriots defense with the 2021 one

2003 was much better and got to take advantage of the much more physical coverage and hits that were legal at that time. Manning’s receivers were literally getting decapitated and there weren’t any flags:-)

Totally different era. The Bengals defense got 8 interceptions in the playoffs. 8. Who knows, maybe they’d ruin Allen’s “perfect playoff run” just like they did to Mahomes and his brilliant playoff run.

To me, Manning’s first two games of his 2003 playoff run was even more impressive because of the era in which he did it…but nobody talks about it because of his AFCCG performance with 4 picks. It’s so much harder when you have to play more than 2 playoff games
[Reply]
Coogs 08:00 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Oh, I know. That all gets lost because at the end of the game, the Bills seemingly had it in hand. But every time one team HAD to respond, the Chiefs did. All the best defense in the NFL had to do to win the game was play defense for one of the final two drives. They failed. KC won.... I laugh at those that say the Bills should have had the chance to get the ball in OT....Well, everyone knew the rules. The EXACT thing happened the following week, difference was, the Bengals played defense and won the game. THE END.
I still wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs go into Buffalo in the playoffs. Game goes to overtime. Bills get the ball first and score a TD. Game would have been over but for the new rules. Extra point gets blocked/or missed. Chiefs needing a TD come down the field and do just that, with Butker kicking us to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:44 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Punted four times against us and had to go for it on fourth down FOUR TIMES. The media have this narrative that "the bills should have won the game" but when you look the stats we dominated passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, time of possession, 3rd down conversions etc. It was surprising to see all that plus Pat had a better rushing day than Allen too.
I was actually just thinking about this earlier today. I bet we would've won by 10 in regulation if Honey Badger would've played. There were so many breakdowns on 4th and long.
[Reply]
the steam 08:55 AM 09-05-2022
The Bills are never beating Mahomes and AR in the playoffs under any circumstances period
[Reply]
tredadda 09:00 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
OK, make sure you come back to this thread and tell me I was right when the sucky Bills shrink up in another big post season game. Everyone knows it's gonna happen
Ok
[Reply]
TEX 09:04 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I still wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs go into Buffalo in the playoffs. Game goes to overtime. Bills get the ball first and score a TD. Game would have been over but for the new rules. Extra point gets blocked/or missed. Chiefs needing a TD come down the field and do just that, with Butker kicking us to the Super Bowl.
THAT would be epic!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:30 AM 09-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Getting White back and signing Miller was pretty big
I don’t think White is back yet. I heard 2-4 weeks into the season.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:24 PM 09-07-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:27 PM 09-07-2022
bills are a sleeper non-playoff team

that roster didn't get better
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:30 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
bills are a sleeper non-playoff team

that roster didn't get better
The AFC East is terrible. They're easily a playoff team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 09-07-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
The AFC East is terrible. They're easily a playoff team.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 247
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Up