ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 185
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bro looks like he huffs his own farts for enjoyment.

this dude will squash some testes at the bottom of a pile
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:00 PM 04-28-2022
we are in danger of whiffing like we did with that creed humphrey dude and his t-rex arms
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:00 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Do you know who else had short arms- a mother fucking T Rex!!

Chiefs just got a killer.
I hope you are right, but I just don't see him winning against NFL tackles the way he won against college tackles.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:01 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Genuinely feel bad on this, and want to do it right. Do you guys want me to hold off on the individual player threads?

My approach has historically been to launch it and start throwing shit in the OP while everyone else is doing the main draft thread before the server melts down.

I will absolutely hold off on posting if that's the preferred method - just let me know.
No, keep doing what you're doing.
[Reply]
SDChiefs 10:03 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
I’m saying he’s Clark’s replacement. KC gave Seattle a 1st and 2nd for Clark.
And we spend a 1st on his replacement? If he's a 7th round talent we should spend a 7th rounder on him.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:03 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
we are in danger of whiffing like we did with that creed humphrey dude and his t-rex arms
I remember this entire board (except maybe a couple of people) being thrilled with the Humphrey pick.

I think 99% of CP knew we drafted a stud.

Arm length matters more on the edge than it does in the middle of the defensive line.

If a DE can't get his hands on the tackle, the chance of success drops significantly.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:05 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I remember this entire board (except maybe a couple of people) being thrilled with the Humphrey pick.

I think 99% of CP knew we drafted a stud.

Arm length matters more on the edge than it does in the middle of the defensive line.

If a DE can't get his hands on the tackle, the chance of success drops significantly.

If only someone would've told Veach that before the draft! Damn!
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:05 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
might be time to log out for the night -have a nice night - we're not winning the west w/ JuJu / that other guy and Mecole Hardman - yikes - what a nightmare.
Free Deberg!
[Reply]
Brody Wa 10:05 PM 04-28-2022
2nd in the nation with 24 QB hits sounds like Rush, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath music to my ears.
[Reply]
penchief 10:06 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
im.a little mystified with no WR too but keep in mind what Brady did with hot garbage at WR

mahomes needs to.earn that half billion
Never thought of it that way but I think you’re right. When you have a great quarterback, you have to build a balanced team around him and trust him to elevate the offense.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:06 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Chiefs selected Purdue EDGE George Karlaftis with the No. 30 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

In another age, Karlaftis (6’4/266) would have been guarding Mount Olympus, as the Purdue star was born in Athens, Greece before moving to Indiana, where he developed into a four-star recruit. He was a foundational player for the program, logging 843 snaps while generating 54 tackles, 17.0 TFL, 7.5 sacks, two PBUs, and an interception and earning first-team Freshman All-American and second-team. Last year, Karlaftis posted 41 tackles, 11.5 TFLs, five sacks, three fumbles, and two PBUs while earning second-team All-American recognition. The five sacks weren’t eye-popping, but those numbers don’t show just how destructive he was on an every-down basis, as the Greek strongman posted the second-highest pressure rate in the nation when lining up against left tackles and ranked seventh in quarterback hits with 14. He backed up the on-field performance with a strong set of testing numbers, ranking as the 120th most athletic edge defender out of 1,455 that have tested for the NFL since 1987. Karlaftis has a frenetic first step, rushes with a plan, and displays exceptional hand technique to go with a relentless motor while his stout base makes him hard to move in the run game. Though he gets critiqued for lack of elite bend, Karlaftis has the power, work ethic, and talent to be a quality starter in the league for years to come.
What a badass pick
Attached: 2A00E14A-52EE-4A6A-9514-F03076743ED4.jpg (41.2 KB) 
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:07 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Veach continues to hate old people

Perfect to get two contracts and then let them walk for the third if they really want to get paid.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:07 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I hope you are right, but I just don't see him winning against NFL tackles the way he won against college tackles.

K Pass had long-ass arms- hell they dragged on the ground when he ran.

Would you rather have him back?

What he didn't have was heart, intelligence and a motor that never quits.

Karlaftas will be in the Chiefs Ring of Honor one day- he is that type of player.
[Reply]
ArrowheadMagic 10:09 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by penchief:
Never thought of it that way but I think you’re right. When you have a great quarterback, you have to build a balanced team around him and trust him to elevate the offense.
Cover people and get after them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 04-28-2022
JJ Watt II

Kinda want to look at Karlaftis but will bow to the will of the people.

Chop happened so fast here I missed it the first time and it honest to goodness it looked like the tackle just decided not to block him. pic.twitter.com/5fPUOy1TQc

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Page 9 of 185
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up