ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 71
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
kepp 09:01 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Ya getting depantsed again by a 15 seed....exciting shit
Of course that part sucked. But honestly, who expected to even make the tourney this year? Gates has us moving in a good direction, and that's more than we have been able to say in a good long while.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:23 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I thought it was a fun season building up from where we were. *shrug*

Love the new coach.
Originally Posted by kepp:
Of course that part sucked. But honestly, who expected to even make the tourney this year? Gates has us moving in a good direction, and that's more than we have been able to say in a good long while.
Absolutely this. It sucked getting knocked out by a 15 seed, but they clearly outplayed both teams that they beat. They deserve to be there.

Fun fact, due to prior commitments, I missed out on watching both tourney games.

Regarding this season, I've watched more Mizzou basketball this year than the last 5 combined. They were a blast to watch and I'm looking forward to seeing what Gates can do with next year's squad.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:49 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Ya getting depantsed again by a 15 seed....exciting shit
I'll take getting beat by a 15 seed that had just taken out a 2 seed over being the 2 seed losing in round 1 to them or being the one seed being taken out a 16 seed and another by an 8 seed. Those teams had high expectations coming into the season and choked. Mizzou had no such expectations. Next year, and coming years, the expectations will be higher. But this year, I'm just glad that we got to the tournament and won a game. Much like when Andy Reid came to town following a 2-14 season. Year one, I was thrilled just to get to the playoffs. It was a process and he eventually got us on top. Give Gates time to see where he can take the Tigers. Year one was a great step in the right direction.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:54 PM 03-20-2023
They just played the best basketball we've seen from a Mizzou team in over a decade. I get that the loss absolutely sucked but there's a lot to look forward to going forward.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:14 PM 03-21-2023
Sharp would be interesting get for Mizzou. He never was healthy at Missouri State. If he was healthy, we probably win the Valley with him and Mosley. He is a bootheel kid and his coach who is now at Austin Peay is from the neighboring town. So I wouldn't be surprised he follows him there. But if healthy, he would fit Gates' style of play.

DeMarcus Sharp tells ESPN he’s now considering Loyola Chicago, Austin Peay and Missouri. https://t.co/446aNmF4Yy

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:15 PM 03-21-2023
That's impossible since I'm sure Mosley has told him that Mizzou doesnt honor their NIL agreements...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:27 PM 03-27-2023

Early favorite to watch for UNC transfer Caleb Love is Missouri, sources tell me.

The Tigers are expected to hit the transfer portal hard again. pic.twitter.com/bzuSN23QHF

— CBB Content (@CBBcontent) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
raybec 4 04:32 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's impossible since I'm sure Mosley has told him that Mizzou doesnt honor their NIL agreements...
I guess I missed the story on this. Was Mosley unhappy with his NIL payment?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:50 PM 03-27-2023
The Tigers landed John Tonje from Colorado State today. 6-4 wing who can shoot it. Compared to Gholson/Hodge, more of a shooter than Gholston, more of a slasher than Hodge. Little more quickness/bounce than either.

If Mosely comes back, which is a possibility, he and Tonje would be a nice set of wings to rely on.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:07 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Tigers landed John Tonje from Colorado State today. 6-4 wing who can shoot it. Compared to Gholson/Hodge, more of a shooter than Gholston, more of a slasher than Hodge. Little more quickness/bounce than either.

If Mosely comes back, which is a possibility, he and Tonje would be a nice set of wings to rely on.
How could you have any faith in Mosley knowing that at any moment he could decide again to not play, seems like a huge waste of a scholarship. I don’t know what his problem was, but with limited scholarships you can’t just keep a guy on scholarship who may or may not choose to play.
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:27 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How could you have any faith in Mosley knowing that at any moment he could decide again to not play, seems like a huge waste of a scholarship. I don’t know what his problem was, but with limited scholarships you can’t just keep a guy on scholarship who may or may not choose to play.
God damn you're just a stupid shit, bruh.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:14 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Love would be a monster get for Gates. Love's second choice when he signed with UNC was Mizzou. Him not signing was also the beginning of the end for Cuonzo. After losing Love and Lindell, he pretty much said fuck it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:16 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Love would be a monster get for Gates. Love's second choice when he signed with UNC was Mizzou. Him not signing was also the beginning of the end for Cuonzo. After losing Love and Lindell, he pretty much said **** it.
Love is like one of the most inefficient players in the league. Seems like he takes a ton of shots and doesn't pass much.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:32 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Originally Posted by dlphg9:
God damn you're just a stupid shit, bruh.
enlighten me
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:49 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Who said he'd be on scholarship? The guy has been struggling with his mental health.

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Love would be a monster get for Gates. Love's second choice when he signed with UNC was Mizzou. Him not signing was also the beginning of the end for Cuonzo. After losing Love and Lindell, he pretty much said **** it.

I don't have much interest in Love at all. He's incredibly inefficient. If Gates wants him, I'll trust it (he has earned that), but he hasn't been good.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 71
« First < 17576364656667 68697071 >
Up