ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 71
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:36 PM 03-26-2022
In…..
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:39 PM 03-26-2022
Been a long time since it mattered to me like it used to, hoping for the best. I miss it.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 08:55 PM 03-26-2022
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker:
Been a long time since it mattered to me like it used to, hoping for the best. I miss it.
Co-signed.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:57 PM 03-26-2022
Interested to see who his assistants will be. Was never a fan of CM but I think he might of lasted a little longer here if he wasn’t bound to the same crappy assistants he refused to move on from.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:31 PM 03-26-2022
CDG is already putting in work getting a couple of really solid JUCO transfers….I like it.
[Reply]
warpaint* 10:36 PM 03-26-2022
The second guys a scrub, ploy to get his 5* teammate.

First looks like a good get, shoots well considering his size and doesn’t look like a lumbering elephant in stark contrast to the bigs CM had been gracing us with as of late.

As for Gates overall only the Lord knows.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:57 PM 03-26-2022
Better than Cuonzo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 12:46 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
The second guys a scrub, ploy to get his 5* teammate.

First looks like a good get, shoots well considering his size and doesn’t look like a lumbering elephant in stark contrast to the bigs CM had been gracing us with as of late.

As for Gates overall only the Lord knows.
This really couldn’t be more wrong. He’s a 6-5 JUCO PG from UW-Milwaukee who can score from anywhere. Averaged 17ppg and 37% from 3. 44% from 3 the year prior. CDG has played against him twice and knows exactly what he’s getting. We don’t have a single D1 caliber point guard on the roster. You’re getting a proven scorer for one year.

Second, he doesn’t have a 5* teammate. You are referring to the son of the Gholston’s coach who was recently fired. He has a 5* son. That coach was an assistant at Northwestern with CDGs brother Armon Gates. Any connection to Baldwin Jr, the 5* son is via CDGs brother, who will not be on the staff at Mizzou.

But yes I’m sure taking a Sr PG transfer from a school who fired their coach is a “ploy” to get a high school kid. Lol.
[Reply]
warpaint* 03:01 AM 03-27-2022
You’re correct about Baldwin Jr being the former coaches son, you’re incorrect about him being in high school. He just finished his frosh season at Milwaukee and is expected to hit the portal due to the obv and was Golstons teammate this past season.

As for Golstons ability I do not agree but would prefer if you were right obv.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:27 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
You’re correct about Baldwin Jr being the former coaches son, you’re incorrect about him being in high school. He just finished his frosh season at Milwaukee and is expected to hit the portal due to the obv and was Golstons teammate this past season.

As for Golstons ability I do not agree but would prefer if you were right obv.
Ah - cool. At the end of the day, I’m happy with with both transfers and hopefully we can get Baldwin.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:21 AM 03-27-2022
Gates already building up reasons to hope.

Both additions are nice. They also have the top JUCO PG on campus this weekend (Sean East).

I don’t think the Gholston “take” is purely about the connection to Pat Baldwin, Jr. I think he also is viewed as a solid player who can help the team. He’s a big and physical guard with a decent skill level and good shot.

Gates met with Aidan Shaw over Zoom and plans to visit him in person this week. Think there’s a good shot they get Shaw back in the fold and keep Brazile.

Length, athleticism, and skill are things Gates seems to prize. Nice to see a coach who cares about those things rather than toughness and grit!
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:33 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Gates already building up reasons to hope.

Both additions are nice. They also have the top JUCO PG on campus this weekend (Sean East).

I don’t think the Gholston “take” is purely about the connection to Pat Baldwin, Jr. I think he also is viewed as a solid player who can help the team. He’s a big and physical guard with a decent skill level and good shot.

Gates met with Aidan Shaw over Zoom and plans to visit him in person this week. Think there’s a good shot they get Shaw back in the fold and keep Brazile.

Length, athleticism, and skill are things Gates seems to prize. Nice to see a coach who cares about those things rather than toughness and grit!
And sitting up straight in your chair….
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:51 AM 03-27-2022
Anything has got to be better than Cuonzo.

Anything.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:52 AM 03-27-2022
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Anything has got to be better than Cuonzo.

Anything.
Kim Anderson
[Reply]
Page 1 of 71
1 23451151 > Last »
Up