ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4137 of 4858
« First < 3137363740374087412741334134413541364137 41384139414041414147418742374637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:09 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
From the McGlinchey article I posted the other day:

“IF YOU'RE PAYING attention -- and believe me, I was -- it was easy to figure out that I wouldn't be back with the 49ers after this past season. To be honest, I knew for about a year. They had [left tackle] Trent Williams, making the amount of money that he does [$27.2 million cap figure in 2023], and this is just the way the team has always gone about its business.

There were no surprises, that's for sure. [Niners general manager] John Lynch and [coach] Kyle Shanahan kept me updated the whole time, and they were very clear about what was going to happen. But I definitely got a behind-the-curtain look at how the sausage is made in the NFL. After the 2021 season, they both told me, "We may even look to move you at some point. We're projecting into the future, and we think you're going to get priced out. We want to get something in return."

“And then, what I expected became final during my exit interviews with John and Kyle after this season. They were clear that, barring something out of the ordinary, I wouldn't be back. It was a money thing, and they told me point blank. "We'd love to have you back, but we can't stretch ourselves too thin."
Wow, it sounds like they didn't value him much at all.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:11 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow, it sounds like they didn't value him much at all.
:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 04:12 PM 03-27-2023

“IF YOU'RE PAYING attention -- and believe me, I was -- it was easy to figure out that I wouldn't be back with the 49ers after this past season. To be honest, I knew for about a year. They had [left tackle] Trent Williams, making the amount of money that he does [$27.2 million cap figure in 2023], and this is just the way the team has always gone about its business.

There were no surprises, that's for sure. [Niners general manager] John Lynch and [coach] Kyle Shanahan kept me updated the whole time, and they were very clear about what was going to happen. But I definitely got a behind-the-curtain look at how the sausage is made in the NFL. After the 2021 season, they both told me, "We may even look to move you at some point. We're projecting into the future, and we think you're going to get priced out. We want to get something in return."

“And then, what I expected became final during my exit interviews with John and Kyle after this season. They were clear that, barring something out of the ordinary, I wouldn't be back. It was a money thing, and they told me point blank. "We'd love to have you back, but we can't stretch ourselves too thin."
Ok. Congratulations again. If he was as good as you claim, they would have found a way to keep him. They felt he was expendable and willing to let him walk. They found money for McCaffrey and Deebo. Bet they find money for Bosa. McGlinchey? Nope, can’t afford him. You know why? Because he wasn’t that good and RT isn’t a position you overpay on…….unless of course you are Denver.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:14 PM 03-27-2023

In other words, he was too expensive for an ok right tackle. I'm sure it'll be fine though
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:17 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Again. That does nothing to refute his point. DENVER was the team dumb enough to give thar contract.
When you have a chance to burn premium draft picks and cap space on a uncoachable weirdo malcontent on the downside of his career, you gotta pull the trigger.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:17 PM 03-27-2023
:-) Knowmo is so fucking dumb. He spends most of his time own goaling nowadays.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 05:44 PM 03-27-2023
I knew a guy in college who actually believed the football coach who told him they had to cut him because they didn’t have enough helmets for everyone. We always were so embarrassed for him when he told that story. He wasn’t smart enough to be embarrassed for himself. Life has a way of repeating storylines.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 05:48 PM 03-27-2023
Mike McGlinchey: former top-10 pick, has been a solid starter for five years at RT, put up a 71 PFF grade in his contract year and gets a deal that will pay him an average of $17.5M per. This player will be staying at RT on his new team.

Jawaan Taylor: former 2nd-round pick, has been an underachieving starter for four years at RT, put up a 58 PFF grade in his contract year and gets a deal that will pay him an average of $20M per. This player will be switching positions on his new team.

Guess which player ChiefsPlanet feels is overpaid :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:51 PM 03-27-2023
Mike McGlinchey: former top-10 pick, has been a solid starter for five years at RT, put up a 71 PFF grade in his contract year and gets a deal that will pay him an average of $17.5M per. This player will be staying at RT on his new team.

Jawaan Taylor: former 2nd-round pick, has been an underachieving starter for four years at RT, put up a 58 PFF grade in his contract year and gets a deal that will pay him an average of $20M per. This player will be switching positions on his new team.

Remember when you were hating on Karlaftis and then he finished his rookie season with as many sacks as your boy Browning has in two seasons?

I chuckle every time i think about it.

This will go the same exact way for you.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:11 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Remember when you were hating on Karlaftis and then he finished his rookie season with as many sacks as your boy Browning has in two seasons?

I chuckle every time i think about it.

This will go the same exact way for you.
Karl played 129 more snaps than Browning did last year and only had one more sack.

Browning was an off-ball linebacker his rookie year. 2022 was the first year Browning got snaps at EDGE.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:18 PM 03-27-2023
The TSA will check his blocking
[Reply]
tredadda 06:21 PM 03-27-2023
Karl played 129 more snaps than Browning did last year and only had one more sack.

Browning was an off-ball linebacker his rookie year. 2022 was the first year Browning got snaps at EDGE.
So Browning is better until he isn't? When he isn't you have excuses.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:26 PM 03-27-2023

:-) Browning did almost a quarter of his production for the season in one game when the Colts already awful line was playing musical chairs and shuffling all around. 2 sacks and 10 pressures in that one game.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 06:34 PM 03-27-2023

If the Broncos had as many wins as you have excuses, they’d be a dynasty by now.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:48 PM 03-27-2023

Guess which team hasn’t lost to Denver since the Manning days. Guess which team has been to 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, hoisting 2 Lombardi’s. Guess which team and O-Line have a recent track record of developing O-Lineman and making them either better (Creed, Trey, etc.) or outperform their limitations (Brown, Wylie, etc.)?

You site PFF grade, but you fail to mention the difference between run blocking and pass blocking. The Chiefs didn’t want a run blocking LT, they want a pass blocking one. And while Taylor is a below average run blocker, he has been a very good pass blocker on the right side. I don’t have any doubts about the Chiefs offensive staff’s ability to convert him to the left side as a good PASS blocker. That’s what they wanted. Paying a good pass blocking LT $20 mil. per year is not unreasonable. Paying a RT $17.5 is above the market. One team will get value out of their money. One team will not.

Based on recent track records, care to wager which one that will be?
[Reply]
Page 4137 of 4858
« First < 3137363740374087412741334134413541364137 41384139414041414147418742374637 > Last »
Up