ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 281 of 297
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:18 AM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
0-8. But I’m better knowing an even more tragic set of circumstances befell Creighton. Losing like that?

Yikes.
That was brutal. But I never have cared about one call, really. Except when Chris Jones got that bogus taunting call at Indy, which truly did cost us unfairly.

Creighton had all game to make 1 more pt and didn’t. Also if you score 56 you deserve to lose
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:51 PM 03-27-2023
Saw several K-Staters claiming that K-State is now superior to KU and "we'd better get used to it." :-)

This season was luck. No other medical staff would clear Johnson, so he ended up in Manhattan. Good luck in getting players like that consistently. Not happening. And if Tang does happen to produce another year or two like this one, he's gone and they're starting over. Pure and simple.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:59 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Saw several K-Staters claiming that K-State is now superior to KU and "we'd better get used to it." :-)

This season was luck. No other medical staff would clear Johnson, so he ended up in Manhattan. Good luck in getting players like that consistently. Not happening. And if Tang does happen to produce another year or two like this one, he's gone and they're starting over. Pure and simple.
Superior to KU at what? Having a better draw in the 2023 tournament? They were the worse team the entire season.

They are obviously more of a threat without Weber and Tang very well could build this program up even further, but they're not going to be a perpetual basketball power.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:57 PM 03-27-2023

Uh -huh. I’m sure this really happened. Love the great story though.
[Reply]
MAG 02:02 PM 03-27-2023

You do realize that Tang is a really good recruiter? He's bringing in the best class in years at K-State.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:03 PM 03-27-2023
Uh -huh. I’m sure this really happened. Love the great story though.
It's a good thing that you know every K-State fan on the planet and what they have/haven't said. Would hate for any fake news to get past you.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:07 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by MAG:
You do realize that Tang is a really good recruiter? He's bringing in the best class in years at K-State.
Better than Weber, sure. That doesn't mean he'll be landing players like Johnson every year.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:21 PM 03-27-2023
It's a good thing that you know every K-State fan on the planet and what they have/haven't said. Would hate for any fake news to get past you.
"It means more to me to see KU lose than K-State win"

If I had a buck for every time I heard that one.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:43 PM 03-27-2023
It’s a good thing I don’t worry about which K-state fan has you all aflutter for words. I’d hate to be so buttery soft like that.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:44 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
"It means more to me to see KU lose than K-State win"

If I had a buck for every time I heard that one.
It’s become phognet story hour in this thread. Keep going.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:02 PM 03-27-2023
It’s a good thing I don’t worry about which K-state fan has you all aflutter for words. I’d hate to be so buttery soft like that.
Man, if discussing/laughing about something makes a person soft, we might as well rename this Charmin Planet.

I actually rooted for K-State in the tourney. Do you know any K-State fans who have ever rooted for KU? Probably not. Way too bitter and insecure.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:59 PM 03-27-2023
Man, if discussing/laughing about something makes a person soft, we might as well rename this Charmin Planet.

I actually rooted for K-State in the tourney. Do you know any K-State fans who have ever rooted for KU? Probably not. Way too bitter and insecure.

You did? Well aren’t all the KSU fans lucky that you’re so benevolent. Yet, you’re clutching pearls cause “somebody said something”, that might be a slight to KU, and being a soft, supple chic, you just had to come defend the honor of KU. Definition of soft and insecure.

Glad nobody took their shirt off. Might have been a straight up case of the vapors.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:03 PM 03-27-2023
Tang will likely land two good portal guys
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:15 PM 03-27-2023
You did? Well aren’t all the KSU fans lucky that you’re so benevolent. Yet, you’re clutching pearls cause “somebody said something”, that might be a slight to KU, and being a soft, supple chic, you just had to come defend the honor of KU. Definition of soft and insecure.

Glad nobody took their shirt off. Might have been a straight up case of the vapors.
After reading this I decided I’m kind of being a jerk. You’re a good dude and I’ve no qualms with you.

So, FWIW, please accept my apology.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:26 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Tang will likely land two good portal guys
Yeah, acting as if a guy who was the #2 guy at Baylor for 20 years can’t recruit is laughable.
[Reply]
Page 281 of 297
« First < 181231271277278279280281 282283284285291 > Last »
Up