ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson has asked Baltimore to trade him
RunKC 08:51 AM 03-27-2023

in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value, any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

win the super bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I. No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again

— Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) March 27, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 05:46 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If Mahomes was a completely FA:

Which would you prefer?

Mahomes for five years fully guaranteed at 300 million?

Some routine QB and routine contract take your pick Mac Jones to Derek Carr?

Or say you have the fifth overall pick in the draft?*

*But you can try and trade up.
I would take Mahomes obviously. That does not mean he is worth a guaranteed contract. It takes one bit to change everything and you would still be on the hook for the entire amount.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:18 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Idk man, Deshaun Watson went for 3 1sts, a 3rd and a 4th.

Tater Wilson went for 2 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, 5th and some players.

And both of those guys got new expensive contracts too.

I don't think a single 1st round pick would be fair market value. Ravens would come away looking like chumps for that.
It's a distressed asset at this point. I don't think the Ravens would look that bad only getting a first. If teams were jumping at the chance to get Lamar, he'd already have gotten an offer, cause 2 firsts isn't that much for a franchise QB. He just isn't that!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:26 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Idk man, Deshaun Watson went for 3 1sts, a 3rd and a 4th.

Tater Wilson went for 2 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, 5th and some players.

And both of those guys got new expensive contracts too.

I don't think a single 1st round pick would be fair market value. Ravens would come away looking like chumps for that.
I think those examples are specifically why teams don’t want to do it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:31 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
BINGO
[Reply]
notorious 07:39 PM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Bingo.

Cleveland trade might be worse than the Walker/Dallas trade.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:03 PM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
time may tell that he never actually hurt himself if he signs for a penny more than $139m guaranteed.
There we go. These guys have a ton of leverage - far more than most of us realize.

This deal comes with $46m more in guarantees than the original offer he rejected last year. And he still got the deal done without having to pay agent fees lol

Huge win for Jackson, even if it wasn't the fully guaranteed deal he wanted.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:07 PM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
There we go. These guys have a ton of leverage - far more than most of us realize.

This deal comes with $46m more in guarantees than the original offer he rejected last year. And he still got the deal done without having to pay agent fees lol

Huge win for Jackson, even if it wasn't the fully guaranteed deal he wanted.
Makes you wonder if more high profile guys follow his path in the future regarding agents.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:11 PM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Makes you wonder if more high profile guys follow his path in the future regarding agents.
Ugh, I hope not.

That little ~3% is better spent on hiring professionals. I think most guys would end up making that and more back by having a pro negotiate for them.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Up