ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Nzoner's Game Room>Hardman to the Jets
RunKC 12:30 PM 03-22-2023

Source: Mecole Hardman has agreed to terms with the #Jets on a one-year deal. More speed for Cleveland’s offense. pic.twitter.com/yNw9If2Wc7

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 22, 2023

[Reply]
JPH83 02:33 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Not a chance in hell he gets cut, and the whole "They were holding me back" is a quote totally taken out of context and not really what he said, yet Chiefs fans ran with it anyway.

He's not a bad guy. He's not a bad player either. Ya'll need to stop trying to soil the man's character.
Yeah he's made a mistake and possibly driven by hubris or self-importance or just annoyance at not getting what he thinks he deserves...but he was a professional who d idnt grumble when here and hasn't bad mouthed the organisation. He never seemed a bad guy and he was willing to get back in the game when he was bust up. If he's committed a crime it's also his punishment, shame, but I'd leave it at that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:41 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Hardman is a track star playing football. He’s not a football player
That's a stupid take.

He busted his ass to play in the AFCCG and risked hurting himself worse catching two very important first downs. Let's not give him credit for giving up his body for that. :-)

He doesn't deserve to be put down.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:36 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Fellas, Hardman ain't playing special teams. He's probably the 2nd best slot receiver on that team behind Wilson. Wilson though is a great receiver inside and outside so the Jets can be creative with how they want to deploy him. The Jets will have personnel packages that include both Wilson and Hardman on the field.

Randall Cobb is ancient- will be 33 by the team the season starts. Cobb is insurance more than anything, starting Cobb over Hardman doesn't give you the best chance to succeed. Hardman's role with NYJ will be similar to what it was here- gadget + receiver who can stretch a defense. The NYJ receivers don't have a ton of top end speed outside of Hardman, he will be utilized accordingly.

I'm not torn up about Hardman gone at all but we don't have to downplay his capabilities since he isn't a Chief anymore. He's a complimentary weapon with a specific skill set.
He did for KC. He was our PR. That was what I mean regarding STs, not necessarily a gunner.

Also Rodgers knows and likes Cobb. That will play a role in his usage. Rodgers is notoriously finicky when it comes to WRs.
[Reply]
scho63 03:44 PM 05-03-2023
I have no hate for Hardman. He just underperformed to expectations nearly all the time he was here.

He flashed some really great potential but it never elevated more than a moment here or there.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:46 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

And good lord, can you IMAGINE how Rodgers is going to treat Hardman? Mahomes has the patience of an oyster and even he got frustrated with Mecole at times.

Rodgers will have Hardman iced out by week 3.

Yup I mentioned this a few posts ago. This situation does not bode well whatsoever for Mecole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
I have no hate for Hardman. He just underperformed to expectations nearly all the time he was here.

He flashed some really great potential but it never elevated more than a moment here or there.
He only underperformed expectations if those expectations, especially after Hill was cleared, remained unreasonable.

By near any objective measure he was a wholly acceptable 2nd round pick. Not a homerun but not a strikeout either. At worst a line drive single and more realistically, given his contributions in the first SB run, a solid double into the gap.

People were always unreasonably hard on Hardman and this is coming from someone who was LOUDLY in favor of taking McLaurin over him. That pick was fine. Hardman was an immature, goofy kid who still played hard and was otherwise a damn good soldier. He looked to have progressed substantially as a person and teammate this year and unfortunately injuries undermined him during his platform season.

There's just no cause for some of the angst around Mecole.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 23
« First < 131920212223
Up