ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 185 of 185
« First < 85135175181182183184185
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:38 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Man, there are too many players on this team I could say were my favorite. Just so well rounded. Great job by everyone.
We should send Brett Veach a Valentine. Watching GMFB and they've literally named over half the team as "unsung heroes". It ain't ever going to get any better than this run we're in right now peeps. Enjoy it and soak it all in.

Can't wait to see what Veach does with skill positions this offseason.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:50 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Tribal, have you apologized for your awful horseshit dumbfuckery yet?
Tribal? Your thoughts? You look pretty damn clueless at the moment :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:58 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Just wanted to say hello to all the people from 2025 and beyond who revisit this thread to laugh at the fools who criticized this pick.

Most of us were smart enough to realize what a great pick Karlaftis is, but I went as far as to say that he's going to be one of the best defensive players to ever wear a Chiefs uniform. His potential was apparent right from the beginning to anyone who was really paying attention. And I'll take it a step further and say that his incredible attitude and work ethic will have rubbed off on the entire defense within a year or two and that we'll turn into one of the best defenses in the league because of it.

:-)
ahem...

(And he doesn't even turn 23 until April 3rd)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No expectations, because this fucking feels like a Peterson pick
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
McDuffie C+

George B-
Wow
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:03 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I'd just about flip those.

McDuffie is a B+. We will need him in this conference.

Karloftis is a D+. Not athletic enough, little upside. High JAG potential.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:04 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
so many Corners still around. .

good thing we traded up and took the smallest one
Yes...good thing they did
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:31 AM 02-14-2024
The forking maroons in this thread will go down in infamy worse than ones in the Super Bowl thread - who I also correctly called out during that game, saying that they would live forever in infamy.

This kid is going to be one of the best defensive players in Chiefs history. Not just good, not just an all-pro...one of the best defensive players in the history of the franchise. Book it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:36 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Incredible first round
Someone gave this a thumbs down
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:41 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This kid has 3 major things going for him that you can’t teach:

-Motor
-Elite lateral agility
-Work ethic

That lateral agility of his is gonna come in handy. It’s right there with Aidan Hutchinson. It’s elite. And his work ethic is going to help him get better. He went from 25% body fat to 15% body fat while getting to 272 lbs.

I listened to his interview and he said he knew strength wasn’t enough. He would lift and then go work on his hand work by practicing hand combat MMA moves.

His floor is really high and I’m fine with that. We desperately needed a worker like him especially with Frank Clark’s problems.

Love that he can play all over the line as well. Can easily see him lining up next to Chris Jones on some situations
Good call. Motor and work ethic was apparent from day one. That's what made me realize that he wasn't going to be satisfied with being good. He's always been driven to be GREAT.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:42 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Someone gave this a thumbs down
Don't get that.

I wasn't a fan of the pick but he's already exceeded my expectations. I thought he'd be a 5-7 sack a year guy who wouldn't be able to bully NFL tackles like he did in college.

Well, I was wrong...
[Reply]
staylor26 09:46 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
so many Corners still around. .

good thing we traded up and took the smallest one

Dumbest motherfucker on CP, hands down.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:46 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
"He's not athletic enough"-He had a 9.28 RAS
"His tape sucks"-#3 in pressure rate in college football
"His arms are too short"- His arms are longer than Hutchinson

Some of you guys are just fucking ridiculous.
Almost everyone who really digs deep pre-draft loved this pick. Good call Chris.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:48 AM 02-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
A+ draft
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:01 PM 02-14-2024
Good call. Motor and work ethic was apparent from day one. That's what made me realize that he wasn't going to be satisfied with being good. He's always been driven to be GREAT.
Run KC has a pretty damn good track record of being spot on. Boy loves his combine metrics and this team has nailed on some elite athletes that were under the radar a bit draft wise
[Reply]
Page 185 of 185
« First < 85135175181182183184185
Up