ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:06 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it was like being inside joy

That was amazing. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 12:09 PM 04-22-2023
I really hope Donger is avoiding this thread like the plague right now. It'd be a shame for anyone that hasn't seen this season yet to be completely spoiled on it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That was amazing. :-)
This really hits home for me, because my uncle is getting old, and looks like data, and loves the beach boys.

Data being old and happy and experiencing being human...just a perfect ending to his character. Maybe we'll get animated Data. That would make me tune in for the cringey star trek cartoons.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:47 PM 04-22-2023
wholesome memes for months

Who would have guessed Seven Of Nine was a Beastie Boys fan? @JeriLRyan #PicardFinale #StarTrekPicard #StarTrekLegacy #Picard pic.twitter.com/V3bFr0J7LR

— Snoopy Vs The Red Darren (@HenryHuiHui) April 22, 2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:01 PM 04-22-2023
This really hits home for me, because my uncle is getting old, and looks like data, and loves the beach boys.

Data being old and happy and experiencing being human...just a perfect ending to his character. Maybe we'll get animated Data. That would make me tune in for the cringey star trek cartoons.
You aren't enjoying Lower Decks?!?!?!?!?!?!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:01 PM 04-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You aren't enjoying Lower Decks?!?!?!?!?!?!
the cartoons don't seem serious enough to me

too cutesy for star trek
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:03 PM 04-22-2023

too cutesy for star trek
They definitely strike a much more irreverent tone, but if you thought Picard was stocked full of references to Star Trek's past, it's crazy what they manage to fit into even one of those LD episodes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:55 AM 04-23-2023

pic.twitter.com/lrSvJGwlr2

— Derek Lawrence #StarTrek #IDIC ��❤️���������� (@DerekLawrence73) April 23, 2023

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:30 AM 04-23-2023

too cutesy for star trek
Prodigy is the only one I would call cutesy and even then... it is solid Trek. The end of Prodigy S1 also explains why the Federation fleet is much smaller than people anticipated seeing on screen.

As for Lower Decks... that shit is a fucking love letter to Star Trek. Two of the characters in LD are going to appear in season 2 of ST:SNW as their characters on ST:LD... but in live action. You are missing out. Lower Decks has slotted itself as my #3 favorite Trek series after DS9 and TNG.

Lower Decks is like a Kirk Sunday with Trip Tucker sprinkles.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:09 PM 04-23-2023
welll, ill give it a chance
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:33 PM 04-23-2023
welll, ill give it a chance
I hope you enjoy it!

Despite it being animated... it is all canon. The references to old trek come at you almost non stop. PLEASE watch the first season and lemme know what you thought.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:34 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Prodigy is the only one I would call cutesy and even then... it is solid Trek. The end of Prodigy S1 also explains why the Federation fleet is much smaller than people anticipated seeing on screen.

As for Lower Decks... that shit is a fucking love letter to Star Trek. Two of the characters in LD are going to appear in season 2 of ST:SNW as their characters on ST:LD... but in live action. You are missing out. Lower Decks has slotted itself as my #3 favorite Trek series after DS9 and TNG.

Lower Decks is like a Kirk Sunday with Trip Tucker sprinkles.
Well, that makes me want to give it another shot. I struggled with it the first time I tried watching.
[Reply]
Lzen 06:07 AM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!
Just started watching season 3. We're 4 episodes in now. I purposely waited so that we could just bike the whole thing.
Yeah, that Riker line to Picard was cringe. And it pissed me off more than anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:29 AM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Just started watching season 3. We're 4 episodes in now. I purposely waited so that we could just bike the whole thing.
Yeah, that Riker line to Picard was cringe. And it pissed me off more than anything.
That was definitely the low point of the series. Riker would NEVER say that to Picard. Period.

Thankfully the high points more than made up for it.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:59 PM 04-27-2023
I will say in fairness to the show, it did end up that Riker was supposed to be acting out of character. I still think it was taken too far, but it was at least a thought-out character arc (Riker had lost his nerve after the death of his son) and not the pointless lazy conflict that it seemed like in the moment. And that the first two seasons had trained us to expect.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 70
« First < 19596566676869 70 >
Up