Zay Flowers, Boston College

EDGE:

Keion White, Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas St.
Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
B.J. Ojulari, LSU

DT:

Mazi Smith, Michigan

As it stands right now, feel pretty confident that our first round pick will be one of these guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea but it really falls off, basically after Jaylin Hyatt there is a pretty large dropoff in the talent level of those guys.

Like I don't think AT Perry or Johnathan Mingo are day 1 contributors because they don't come from pro friendly schemes.
I don't think they have to be day 1 contributors. The Chiefs will add a vet one way or another to go with MVS/Skyy/Toney.

If Hyatt is sitting there at 31, I probably take him barring Wright, Harrison, or an EDGE like Murphy falling into their laps.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't think they have to be day 1 contributors. The Chiefs will add a vet one way or another to go with MVS/Skyy/Toney.
The whole thing gets kinda eh to me, like Rashee Rice isn't bad but he overlaps quite a bit with Skyy Moore in what they do. The best hope is someone drops a bit further than expected but if the Chiefs are sitting there choosing between like Dawand Jones and Jaylin Hyatt I'd probably go Hyatt.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:17 PM 03-27-2023
If you run mocks and honestly just watch how it plays it time and time again, if the Chiefs aren't going WR in the 1st round people are going to be disappointed with that position.
I think that's going to be even more true for RT when we're trotting out Niang and hoping a guy develops reeeeal fast.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:22 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I think that's going to be even more true for RT when we're trotting out Niang and hoping a guy develops reeeeal fast.
So you're on the Dawand Jones wagon huh?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:28 PM 03-27-2023
The whole thing gets kinda eh to me, like Rashee Rice isn't bad but he overlaps quite a bit with Skyy Moore in what they do. The best hope is someone drops a bit further than expected but if the Chiefs are sitting there choosing between like Dawand Jones and Jaylin Hyatt I'd probably go Hyatt.
See I actually see Rice being more like Hyatt than almost anyone in the draft.

I don't see him as being like Moore - just a lower profile Hyatt.

If I could get my favorite DE prospect or one of those 'attainable' 1st round OT prospects in the 1st and then get Rice in the 2nd, I'd be a pretty happy panda.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 03-27-2023
I think Xavier Smith could be an interesting late target, he's 5'9 but he's incredibly fast and versatile even though he's from a small school.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:41 PM 03-27-2023
I hate to say it but the more i think about Veach may be pretty happy with Niang and Taylor as starting tackles. Barring a major fail i think that pair needs less help than Brown and Wylie got down the stretch. Ive been talking myself out of tackle more and more at 31.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:44 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
See I actually see Rice being more like Hyatt than almost anyone in the draft.

I don't see him as being like Moore - just a lower profile Hyatt.

If I could get my favorite DE prospect or one of those 'attainable' 1st round OT prospects in the 1st and then get Rice in the 2nd, I'd be a pretty happy panda.
With the way this offseason has been going based off of your posts....this might just happen.
[Reply]
O.city 12:45 PM 03-27-2023
Next years WR class is the one you take a guy high in IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:47 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
With the way this offseason has been going based off of your posts....this might just happen.
I'd be pretty surprised if I walked away from this draft too ornery. But then again, I don't think I walked away from the LAST draft too ornery (think I graded it a B+) and the consensus is still that I hated it so it is what it is.

There are a lot of possibilities and a lot of depth. I think we'll thread the needle pretty well whatever direction we go.

Unless we take a 1st round RB...:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:51 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd be pretty surprised if I walked away from this draft too ornery. But then again, I don't think I walked away from the LAST draft too ornery (think I graded it a B+) and the consensus is still that I hated it so it is what it is.

There are a lot of possibilities and a lot of depth. I think we'll thread the needle pretty well whatever direction we go.

Unless we take a 1st round RB...:-)
There are a couple of positions where I'd scratch my head...but at this point...I don't see myself getting all up in arms about what Veach does.
[Reply]
O.city 12:53 PM 03-27-2023
Gibbs is gonna be really really good though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:54 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There are a couple of positions where I'd scratch my head...but at this point...I don't see myself getting all up in arms about what Veach does.
Kincaid in the 1st would actually genuinely irritate the shit out of me.

But the reason I don't think I'll be irritated is I just don't see it happening. There were all sorts of lunatic scenarios thrown around last year as well that I didn't see as realistic possibilities that would've annoyed me greatly - none of them happened.

I don't suspect they will this year either.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:06 PM 03-27-2023
So you're on the Dawand Jones wagon huh?
Noooo. Look I'm not saying take any RT at 31, I'm saying I think there are better WR options back of the 2nd or 3rd then at RT, and that our RT situation is worse than our WR one
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 03-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Noooo. Look I'm not saying take any RT at 31, I'm saying I think there are better WR options back of the 2nd or 3rd then at RT, and that our RT situation is worse than our WR one
Then who are you wanting to go with because odds are the rest of those guys are gone.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up