ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 185
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 04:43 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'm not stuck here with you, you're stuck here with me.
:-) She's back!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:48 PM 11-27-2022
Bump!
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:52 PM 11-27-2022
Loved seeing him finally get that sack, just to see him get excited.

Don't remember seeing him that much except that sack and that TFL though. Which might just mean that he did his job and/or didn't do something stupid.

Kudos to the Greak Phreak though!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:00 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Don't remember seeing him that much except that sack and that TFL though. Which might just mean that he did his job and/or didn't do something stupid.

I felt like I saw him setting the edge pretty well today. Although he didn't get off the block but he did stop the run from bouncing outside.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 11:32 PM 11-27-2022
ANY high-round rookie D lineman that doesn't have more than two sacks their rookie year is a complete bust.

I'm sick of the homers on CP trying to deny what is an obvious truth about Karlaftis. That sack today, which means he has all of 1.5 sacks on the season, doesn't mean anything. He's a total bust, just like the D-tackle that we took in the 2nd round who got only two sacks as a rookie in 2016.

That Chris Jones guy is totally worthless today. Of course, he was 22 as a rookie instead of 21 like the Greek Freak.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:37 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
ANY high-round rookie D lineman that doesn't have more than two sacks their rookie year is a complete bust.

I'm sick of the homers on CP trying to deny what is an obvious truth about Karlaftis. That sack today, which means he has all of 1.5 sacks on the season, doesn't mean anything. He's a total bust, just like the D-tackle that we took in the 2nd round who got only two sacks as a rookie in 2016.

That Chris Jones guy is totally worthless today. Of course, he was 22 as a rookie instead of 21 like the Greek Freak.
Meh, there are posters on CP who don't think Jones is worth his current contract. If you want to appear ridiculous, you best up your game.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:45 PM 11-27-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

They were playing a ton of contain on Perkins, he did his job. He shot out of a cannon on that sack.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:15 AM 11-28-2022
Glad he got that sack. He was fine against a terrible OL. I really liked the pick, still think he'll improve significantly, but if anyone said they thought he'd have just 1.5 sacks at this point in the season I reckon they'd be lying.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 03:48 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Glad he got that sack. He was fine against a terrible OL. I really liked the pick, still think he'll improve significantly, but if anyone said they thought he'd have just 1.5 sacks at this point in the season I reckon they'd be lying.
I think the truth is that very few late 1st round edges make big impacts straight away. Even the top edges in this class have been struggling for production.

Hopefully he can kick on next year.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:59 AM 11-28-2022
Anyone watching his tape over the last four or five games will have seen that he's been beating his man and came very close to getting a sack but the qb's were getting the ball out just a second quicker or his fellow defender gets there and earns the sack just as he gets there. Trey Hendrickson is his comp to me and Trey had two sacks combined in his first two seasons. Then got four and a half in his third season and took off from there. We just have to be patient with the kid and I'm sure it will work out fine.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:42 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Anyone watching his tape over the last four or five games will have seen that he's been beating his man and came very close to getting a sack but the qb's were getting the ball out just a second quicker or his fellow defender gets there and earns the sack just as he gets there. Trey Hendrickson is his comp to me and Trey had two sacks combined in his first two seasons. Then got four and a half in his third season and took off from there. We just have to be patient with the kid and I'm sure it will work out fine.
Could be a fair comparison, but Hendriksen was a 3rd pick.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:45 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
I think the truth is that very few late 1st round edges make big impacts straight away. Even the top edges in this class have been struggling for production.

Hopefully he can kick on next year.
There are a couple of guys picked after him who look like they're playing better - Williams, Ebikitie, even Enagbare. But that's always the way it is, and I don't disagree that in general late 1st RD DEs aren't always guys you expect to explode straight away.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:32 AM 11-28-2022
Could be a fair comparison, but Hendriksen was a 3rd pick.
He would have been a first in a redraft.

Same with Sneed, etc.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:32 AM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
They were playing a ton of contain on Perkins, he did his job. He shot out of a cannon on that sack.
Yep, I think there a lot of people that don't understand the strategy we play against mobile QBs.

"Why aren't you rushing hard upfield to get to the QB? Waaaaaa!!!"

Meanwhile, Jalen Hurts (at least I think it was the Eagles game, if memory is correct) abused the Packers for rushing too hard upfield last night.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:34 AM 11-28-2022
I don't know, man. I didn't really watch any Purdue games so I knew nothing about this guy and therefore didn't really say much. But I do recall that there were a lot of people that said he wasn't a big sack getter, just that he had a high motor and got lots of pressures.
[Reply]
Page 126 of 185
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136176 > Last »
Up