ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 119 of 185
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Chieftain 07:45 AM 11-17-2022
Karlaftis has been consistently solid in my view. Doesn't have that twitchy explosiveness which is preventing him from getting sacks but he is all effort out there. Pressures have come by pure effort and overpowering the opposing tackle. He is basically as advertised.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:58 AM 11-17-2022
I'm not going back and reading this whole thread, but are we crying about Karlaftis' lack of sacks?

Take time to remember Justin Houston didn't record a sack until 13 weeks into his rookie season. 11 years later he's sitting at 110 career sacks.

This isn't a Skyy Moore type of situation where the dude hasn't shown anything either. He's active out there. He's hustling.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:34 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I'm not going back and reading this whole thread, but are we crying about Karlaftis' lack of sacks?

Take time to remember Justin Houston didn't record a sack until 13 weeks into his rookie season. 11 years later he's sitting at 110 career sacks.

This isn't a Skyy Moore type of situation where the dude hasn't shown anything either. He's active out there. He's hustling.
I think George is coming along just fine but I do wonder about your Houston comparison. Didn't they wait to start Houston until later in the season? I don't recall if he got much playing time at all before that. I'll have to go look up those numbers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I think George is coming along just fine but I do wonder about your Houston comparison. Didn't they wait to start Houston until later in the season? I don't recall if he got much playing time at all before that. I'll have to go look up those numbers.
According to this, he not only started all 16 games, he played 100% of defensive snaps, the highest snap percentage of his entire career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ll_snap_counts
[Reply]
Lzen 08:41 AM 11-17-2022
I guess I was remembering wrong. According to Wikipedia (yeah, they're never wrong :-) ):

Originally Posted by :
Houston made his NFL debut and first NFL start in the season-opener against the Buffalo Bills and made two solo tackles during their 41–7 loss. On September 13, 2011, Houston was promoted to starting outside linebacker after surpassing Andy Studebaker on the Chiefs’ depth chart.[15] On December 4, 2011, Houston collected a season-high seven solo tackles and made a season-high three sacks on Bears’ quarterback Caleb Hanie during a 10–3 victory at the Chicago Bears in Week 13. Houston sacked Caleb Hanie for a nine-yard loss during the second quarter to mark the first of his career.[16] On December 13, 2011, the Kansas City Chiefs fired head coach Todd Haley after they fell to a 5–8 record. Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel was named the interim head coach for the remainder of the season.[17] He finished his rookie season in 2011 with 56 combined tackles (46 solo), 5.5 sacks, four pass deflections, and a forced fumble in 16 games and ten starts.[18] Houston received the Mack Lee Hill Award after teammates and coaches determined he was the best rookie on the Kansas City Chiefs in 2011.

[Reply]
Lzen 08:42 AM 11-17-2022
It is pretty incredible to see that Houston played 12 games prior to getting his first sack.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:44 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
According to this, he not only started all 16 games, he played 100% of defensive snaps, the highest snap percentage of his entire career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ll_snap_counts
Yeah, I just remember being frustrated with that coaching staff and for some reason, my brain remembered them not giving Houston enough of a chance. There were a lot of things to be frustrated with that coaching staff but apparently, this was not one.

Edit: Looking at that, it shows he played 16 games but started 10. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 11-17-2022
Yeah, I just remember being frustrated with that coaching staff and for some reason, my brain remembered them not giving Houston enough of a chance. There were a lot of things to be frustrated with that coaching staff but apparently, this was not one.

Edit: Looking at that, it shows he played 16 games but started 10. :-)
Interesting, looks like you found a contradiction in their data.

His defensive stat line shows him starting 10 of 16. His snap count stat line shows him starting 16 of 16.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:52 AM 11-17-2022
The 10 games is probably correct. The opening depth chart from that year had Studebaker as a starting OLB and he logged 5 games as a starter opposite Hali according to their stats.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:54 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The 10 games is probably correct. The opening depth chart from that year had Studebaker as a starting OLB and he logged 5 games as a starter opposite Hali according to their stats.
Yeah, I agree. The snap count line seems to be incorrect. I wonder if his snap counts are incorrect too? I would like to think not but it at least casts some doubt.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:56 AM 11-17-2022
It's definitely wrong. Just checked some 'highlights' from the 2011 season and I didn't see him on the field a single time during the season opener against the Bills.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:56 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Exactly.
Eye test on George is positive. It's encouraging to see him stay healthy, too. Spags would not trust him to be practically a starter as a rookie if he had nothing to show for. He looks the part. Last three games I watched him more closely and he was constantly hustling and putting pressure on the D Line. I'd rather have a guy like this who plays hard and won't cost you an arm and a leg when his rookie deal is up than some overhyped sack focused edge rusher who takes plays off. In order of where they were picked, McDuffie, George and Cook are ranked as they should. Skyy and Kinnard have been really the two dissapointments in this draft class. Let's hope we are proven wrong with time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 11-17-2022
It's definitely wrong. Just checked some 'highlights' from the 2011 season and I didn't see him on the field a single time during the season opener against the Bills.
Highlights? Of the 2011 season? :-). That's brutal.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:59 AM 11-17-2022
Well then maybe that's what I was remembering. Imagine starting Studabaker over Houston. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:59 AM 11-17-2022
Yis. Why I put that word in quotations
[Reply]
Page 119 of 185
« First < 1969109115116117118119 120121122123129169 > Last »
Up