ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 185
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also just bc a player has more sacks doesn’t mean he is pressuring the QB more.

Boye Mafe got an easy sack on a busted OL where they didn’t pick him up in time.

He still has less pressures than Karlaftis.
And on the flipside, pressures are probably the most fluid, objective, poorly understood stat out there. I saw Karlaftis credited with a pressure on what was almost certainly a screen pass recently.

Ultimately there just isn't a dispositive stat. You need to look at all of them in total. If a guy's getting a LOT more pressures than his contemporaries, that probably means something. If he's getting 3-4 more over a half season...eh, that probably doesn't mean much.

If a guys getting a ton of sacks but has a poor pass rush win rate (i.e. Dunlap last season) that doesn't bode terribly well for continued success and it means he's probably a matchup and/or coverage dependent player rather than a true difference maker. Whereas someone with fewer sacks but a better pass rush win rate is probably making more noise on a snap to snap basis but ultimately is likely to have some shortcoming in his game (for Karlaftis it's probably bend) that prevents him from finishing those plays.

You just need to be able/willing to view it all together to see how effective a player's really being. I think when you do that with Karlaftis you get a guy who's bee solid. A fine use of the pick. A double in the gap, so to speak. I'll take what we've been getting out of him and it demonstrates a solid foundation to build from.
[Reply]
scho63 09:55 AM 11-10-2022
It takes time for these guys to adjust to the speed of the pro game
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:11 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Damn, there's some miserable fuckers on this board.
Being miserable is a God given right.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:17 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Acknowledging that such misery is pathetic is also a God-given right.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:17 AM 11-10-2022
I'm not talking about people that are underwhelmed. I'm talking about the people calling him a bust after 8 games. And it's not just Karlaftis, it's literally everybody we've draft over the last few years.

By reading this board, you'd think the Chiefs are awful at the draft.
Yeah fair enough. I reckon there's less of that but undoubtedly it's there. I just think for every miserable f**ker there's an insanely sensitive f**ker too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:19 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I got what you were doing there, bruv...

A child of divorce who's dad had ghostbusters II on VHS - oh yeah, I can quote you line for line on that one...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah fair enough. I reckon there's less of that but undoubtedly it's there. I just think for every miserable f**ker there's an insanely sensitive f**ker too.
I don't disagree. This place can be pretty polarized at times.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:37 AM 11-10-2022
I read it as pass-rush win rate, not pressure. In which case, is it good?
According to ESPN, the top EDGE PRWR belongs to Micah Parsons, 32%. the 10th best was 23%, and the NFL average for starting EDGE IS 17%.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ms#prwrplayers

Someone posted a link for the rookie EDGE I think in the Frank Clark sux thread a few months ago, and the average was 10 or 12%? Maybe someone else can find that metric. What I remember is that it put George in the top-5 for rookie EDGE.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:39 AM 11-10-2022
Depends if you believe thinking ONE draft pick has been a bit less impressive than expected and all the others are great is "miserable". There's also some people who just get weirdly angry at any question of their guy's performance.
Yep 100%. Constant sunshine pumping and getting pissed at anyone that questions anything does get annoying
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yep 100%. Constant sunshine pumping and getting pissed at anyone that questions anything does get annoying
There's just as much doom and gloom here as there is homer stuff. It's all annoying. But such polarization is par for the course in our society.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
By the way, you outed yourself as one of those miserable fucks I was talking about.

I mean, everybody knew it already but congrats on making it official.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 AM 11-10-2022
Does the golden age of Chiefs football call more for "sunshine pumping" or doom and gloom?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:53 AM 11-10-2022
By the way, you outed yourself as one of those miserable ****s I was talking about.

I mean, everybody knew it already but congrats on making it official.
I'm not miserable at all. I value all opinions. That's why I'm here. Love hearing Chiefs takes that are different than my own. People caliling others name and being all uppity and bitching about others for having an opinion one way or the other is the annoyance.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:55 AM 11-10-2022
I read it as pass-rush win rate, not pressure. In which case, is it good?
My bad, I got them mixed up. DJ is right, not what you want for pass-rush win rates. But still the second-best mark in the rookie class.

Best thing I can find on his pressure rate is that it's around 9 percent. Which is average-ish.

I think it's reasonable to believe he's going to improve from those totals moving forward. Most pass rushers do, unless they're absolute freaks of nature whose physical traits are so good they instantly explode (ie Parsons).
[Reply]
JPH83 10:58 AM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Does the golden age of Chiefs football call more for "sunshine pumping" or doom and gloom?
Ha, it's a fair point. But like htismaqe says it's pretty nauseating either way right? There's a fair bit of doom and gloom and a fair bit of needlessly jumping down the throats of people who just disagree with you in the margins. It's odd.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 185
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up