ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
Rain Man 03:00 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
This brings back a lot of memories. Used to give park tours through Yellowstone and I don't miss it one bit. Tourists are the worst there. We had quite a few guests that actually thought that bear spray was like bug spray that they should spray on themselves as some sort of bear repellant. I really wish I didn't have to correct them sometimes just to see them do it
I wonder if that would keep the bears away.
[Reply]
rockymtnchief 03:19 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Nope. It's not a big enough dose and the theory is that a bear might get curious what the smell is and investigate where it's coming from. A ranger told us that after my buddy sprayed his tent in bear country.
[Reply]
tmax63 03:59 PM 05-15-2016

Nahhh, it's more like sauce on a hot wing to humans.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:36 AM 05-15-2016
These guys are lucky that Mama Bison wasn't around or they probably wouldn't have been in any state to drive away.
[Reply]
rtmike 01:37 PM 05-15-2016
My hometown of Hays, Kansas has a city park with a bison enclosure.

The park was home to many all nighters & more than one occasion some drunk thinks he can ride one.

They ended up replacing the fence to keep the drunks from snuggling up next to one during a chilly morning.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 01:57 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by rtmike:
My hometown of Hays, Kansas has a city park with a bison enclosure.

The park was home to many all nighters & more than one occasion some drunk thinks he can ride one.

They ended up replacing the fence to keep the drunks from snuggling up next to one during a chilly morning.
My best friend in high school attended Fort Hays State University. I visited him a few times during his 4 years there. He told me a story about a student getting gored while attempting to tip over a bison one night. I ever knew if the story was true and I always had my doubts because he told the story after we had drank about a dozen fish bowls at The Golden Cue.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:05 PM 05-15-2016
Love videos like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaFace 12:56 PM 05-16-2016
Well now this just plain sucks.

Originally Posted by :
Park rangers euthanize bison calf transported by Yellowstone visitors
After the herd rejected the calf, the National Park Service put it down and warned against interacting with animals
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:05 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well now this just plain sucks.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone
It is possible it was already rejected and that is why they found it alone. Not that I am a huge PETA fan but I would think if they wanted to they could have kept the thing alive and raised it. Or at the least I would think someone would have taken it to hand raise it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
It is possible it was already rejected and that is why they found it alone. Not that I am a huge PETA fan but I would think if they wanted to they could have kept the thing alive and raised it. Or at the least I would think someone would have taken it to hand raise it.
That's my thought.

A place I worked at in the summers always had buffalo on their property and those things are just 100 different kinds of stupid but they're also protective as hell. They had to go grab a sick calf once and mamma buffalo fucked their truck right up as they sprinted back to the truck, put the calf in the bed and got put enough distance between themselves and her to get through the gate and out. If a couple of tourists were close enough to pick that thing up and put it in their SUV, it almost had to have been rejected already.

We had some pretty scary shit go down with those buffalo. One of them flipped a truck over just trying to scratch itself on the fender; hooked a shoulder and tipped the thing over like it was a matchbox car. We had another one jump down into a watering trough with us (the trough was on the downside of a fairly steep hill). I suspect it had no idea we were down there and we definitely didn't realize it had come near us. It hopped down and had us cornered. I gave it a baseball swing with a broom and it startled just enough for us to scramble around it, down the trough and out. Look in the eyes on those things and there's really nothing there. They can hurt people on accident because they're just really really big and really really dumb.
[Reply]
Warrior5 08:21 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I'm not even a little PETA fan, and this makes sense to me. How about the Bison place at Fort Hayes mentioned earlier.

There are organizations that probably would have gladly taken this bison; why automatically put it down?
[Reply]
Bwana 08:47 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
I'm not even a little PETA fan, and this makes sense to me. How about the Bison place at Fort Hayes mentioned earlier.

There are organizations that probably would have gladly taken this bison; why automatically put it down?
They did another story on it last night. Something tells me the people that gave the calf a joy ride in their rental are in for an expensive lesson.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/31988823/w...-not-relocated
[Reply]
Bwana 08:58 AM 05-17-2016
:-)

These guys are lucky to be alive as well. More guys that visited Yellowstone and left their brains at home.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/31986483/m...-national-park
[Reply]
Lzen 09:30 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Bwana:
They did another story on it last night. Something tells me the people that gave the calf a joy ride in their rental are in for an expensive lesson.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/31988823/w...-not-relocated
Ok, that explains why it had to be euthanized.
[Reply]
Psyko Tek 12:12 AM 06-01-2016
Originally Posted by Warrior5:

it were my problem, I would tell everybody we had to put it down, so nobody else did this kind of shit again...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 18
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up