ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 95
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Insanity of the progressive woke crowd repository
mr. tegu 06:33 AM 06-02-2021
There are lots of stories or examples of things going on that come out pretty frequently displaying the insanity of the progressive woke lunatics that donít necessarily need their own thread or fit into one of the other existing threads. Post them here.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:18 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
You think is a one or the other. You exclude any number of other factors and assign it to these two?

You say its either environmental or genetic.

The real world is never so simplistic.
Saying it's environmental is the opposite of simplistic given that there are countless environmental factors that can be at play. But fundamentally it absolutely comes down to the question of nature vs nurture. What would be an example of a driving factor that could cause these divides which don't fall into one of those two broader categories?

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Personal responsibility isn't lazy, it's necessary. How you can come to the conclusion that it's lazy and not a worthy goal is completely nonsensical and laughable. You're suggesting the government federalizes families (or lack thereof with broken families) because parents suck at their job, and while doing so put the burden of cost on the families and districts that do a better job of raising their children just so YOU can feel better about the situation all the while giving the deadbeat parent a pass. Absolutely ridiculous.
Personal responsibility is a meaningless term given that you're defining who has it by who has succeeded. It's completely circular logic and doesn't belong in a serious discussion on the topic unless you can define it in a meaningful, tangible way that can be proven. At best, it's something that is instilled in you in your formative years by your family and is mostly out of your own control whether you have it or not. Either way, it's a stupid thing to focus on as being a determining factor when we're talking about an entire population.

Originally Posted by :
We are the land of equal opportunity NOT the land of equal outcomes, and it's not the fault of any school district kids fail.
How can you be for equal opportunity but not equal access to quality education? Do you even read the shit you write before you post?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 11:18 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
nything to do with why African American populations have been doing worse in society? You know, slavery, redlining, segregation, tax policy? If the answer is yes to any of these, than they should be part of the solution too.
Lets see...

Slavery was outlawed in what 1864? Safe to say anyone under 80 years old today would be hard pressed to blame slavery for their station in life.

Redlining has been a non factor for many years in fact the approaches to try to rectify and make up fopr such a scourge led to the housing crash a few years back when we gave loans that were way stupid to people who cant afford them so progressives could say look!! Black folks have homeownership...

Segregation. Ok we integrated hugely beginning in the late 50's 60's. Segregation went from white vs black issue back then to now we see major efforts to have black led segregation....this is a red-herring . Oh and all the efforts by progressives to fix it have done nothing in the last 20 years.

Tax policy. What % of the population pays zero in income tax? How many dollars are doled out annually to "help the poor"? Food stamps? Now they want to make permanent huge bucks we gave under the cover of covid that will do shit all but reduce the size of the labor force.

No policy will get people to work hard, study, apply extra effort.

Is this a true cultural issue? Are you trying to impose your cultural norms on a culture that does not share your goals?
[Reply]
BDj23 11:25 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by :
"Wealthier areas" don't have a copyright on personal responsibility, haha. Where do you come up with this crap
NPChiefsfan27 believes the government is an omnipotent force capable of solving all of life's problems. The dude literally worships the government.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:25 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Lets see...

Slavery was outlawed in what 1864? Safe to say anyone under 80 years old today would be hard pressed to blame slavery for their station in life.

Redlining has been a non factor for many years in fact the approaches to try to rectify and make up fopr such a scourge led to the housing crash a few years back when we gave loans that were way stupid to people who cant afford them so progressives could say look!! Black folks have homeownership...

Segregation. Ok we integrated hugely beginning in the late 50's 60's. Segregation went from white vs black issue back then to now we see major efforts to have black led segregation....this is a red-herring . Oh and all the efforts by progressives to fix it have done nothing in the last 20 years.

Tax policy. What % of the population pays zero in income tax? How many dollars are doled out annually to "help the poor"? Food stamps? Now they want to make permanent huge bucks we gave under the cover of covid that will do shit all but reduce the size of the labor force.

No policy will get people to work hard, study, apply extra effort.

Is this a true cultural issue? Are you trying to impose your cultural norms on a culture that does not share your goals?
So you concede all of my points are correct but your argument is that because they are no longer in affect they can't be the cause of current wealth and educational disparities. How can you put forward such a lazy argument and then end your post by championing the ideals of hard work and applying extra effort?

Edit: You also dodged my question. What are some factors that don't fall under either environmental or genetic?
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:29 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
NPChiefsfan27 believes the government is an omnipotent force capable of solving all of life's problems. The dude literally worships the government.
Clearly I don't believe that given that they have played a pivotal role in leaving African American communities behind. But even an incompetent well intentioned government body with proper resources can do some good.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:31 AM 10-09-2021
All the racist laws passed in the last 25 years singling out black people.

It's mind bottling.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:31 AM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Saying it's environmental is the opposite of simplistic given that there are countless environmental factors that can be at play. But fundamentally it absolutely comes down to the question of nature vs nurture. What would be an example of a driving factor that could cause these divides which don't fall into one of those two broader categories?



Personal responsibility is a meaningless term given that you're defining who has it by who has succeeded. It's completely circular logic and doesn't belong in a serious discussion on the topic unless you can define it in a meaningful, tangible way that can be proven. At best, it's something that is instilled in you in your formative years by your family and is mostly out of your own control whether you have it or not. Either way, it's a stupid thing to focus on as being a determining factor when we're talking about an entire population.



How can you be for equal opportunity but not equal access to quality education? Do you even read the shit you write before you post?
Is it the quality of product the school districts put out, or is it the quality of parenting failing kids receive from their parents and role models?

And personal responsibility isn't something bestowed on to well to do families. Making the right choice to be an involved parent that has a vested interest in seeing their children succeed is a choice by the parent, not a determent instilled by government. Come on with this ridiculousness.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:02 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Personal responsibility is a meaningless term given that you're defining who has it by who has succeeded. It's completely circular logic and doesn't belong in a serious discussion on the topic unless you can define it in a meaningful, tangible way that can be proven.
Motherfucker, PEOPLE CAN. But when they get detailed, you dismiss it as babbling to make themselves 'sound smart.'

Talk about circular logic, you dismiss summarized solutions as overly simplistic and you dismiss comprehensive solutions as wordy and convoluted [the Goldilocks gambit]. One might think your ACTUAL motive was dismissing anyone's thinking other than your own without doing the work of standing behind your perspective.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 12:49 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Is it the quality of product the school districts put out, or is it the quality of parenting failing kids receive from their parents and role models?
It's both, but you were just talking about how you believe in equality of opportunity. Well clearly if you don't believe that school districts should have equal resources then you don't actually believe in equal opportunity.

Originally Posted by :
And personal responsibility isn't something bestowed on to well to do families. Making the right choice to be an involved parent that has a vested interest in seeing their children succeed is a choice by the parent, not a determent instilled by government. Come on with this ridiculousness.
Only in the childlike conservative understanding of the world is good parenting a 'choice' rather than something which is a byproduct of many different social and economic conditions.

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Mother****er, PEOPLE CAN. But when they get detailed, you dismiss it as babbling to make themselves 'sound smart.'

Talk about circular logic, you dismiss summarized solutions as overly simplistic and you dismiss comprehensive solutions as wordy and convoluted [the Goldilocks gambit]. One might think your ACTUAL motive was dismissing anyone's thinking other than your own without doing the work of standing behind your perspective.
Please name me ONE POLICY that any of you have suggested in this discussion. I'll wait.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:39 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
So you concede all of my points are correct but your argument is that because they are no longer in affect they can't be the cause of current wealth and educational disparities. How can you put forward such a lazy argument and then end your post by championing the ideals of hard work and applying extra effort?

Edit: You also dodged my question. What are some factors that don't fall under either environmental or genetic?
So wealth disparity is the real issue? Education disparity in what regard? All are presented with educational opportunities yet not all emerge well educated. In grade school you learned to listen, do your homework, read assignments. And at that point the separation begins.

Those who worked hardest and saw getting an A was the thing to work for already moved ahead of those of low desire and truthfully those of low ability. Personal effort separates winners from losers. Government and social engineering cannot turn that around
[Reply]
Bowser 02:35 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
It's both, but you were just talking about how you believe in equality of opportunity. Well clearly if you don't believe that school districts should have equal resources then you don't actually believe in equal opportunity.



Only in the childlike conservative understanding of the world is good parenting a 'choice' rather than something which is a byproduct of many different social and economic conditions.



Please name me ONE POLICY that any of you have suggested in this discussion. I'll wait.
Check it out - NJC feels like parents living in poor and minority communities either don't have it in them to make the right decision for their children or shouldn't have to be bothered with it because of "different social and economic conditions". And there's nothing "conservative" about doing right by your kids, dumbass. It's no shock a communist would equate the two in order to push their beliefs in over bloated government.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:38 PM 10-09-2021
If you want to over govern in order to make sure the low income succeed, how about we punish parents that aren't involved with making sure their kids don't go the felon route? How does that sound?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:14 PM 10-09-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
You're so close to getting it. You have correctly identified that most kids who are doing poorly in public schools have been failed by their parents. Lacking an adequate education then sets them back going into adulthood and they end up in the same situation as their parents where they are ill prepared mentally and financially to support a family and put their child in a difficult situation to succeed. It's a cycle that will never end without some sort of intervention.
Those kids should be aborted now, I don't care if they've already been born, just abort the unwanted fucks!
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:47 PM 10-09-2021
Holy shit. Epic Bowser beat down of NJ Chiefan. Awesome entertainment.
[Reply]
Bump 12:32 AM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Clearly I don't believe that given that they have played a pivotal role in leaving African American communities behind. But even an incompetent well intentioned government body with proper resources can do some good.
what about an incompetent, ill-intentioned government? because that's what you support.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 95
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up