ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 125 of 125
« First < 2575115121122123124125
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>***Post-Rittenhouse Riots and Liberal Tears MEGATHREAD***
Hammock Parties 12:44 PM 11-19-2021
Post it all here! Let's fucking go!

After the Rittenhouse verdict, MSNBC cuts to Jacob Blake's uncle speaking. Except it's not Jacob Blake's uncle at all. This entire trial has been HUGE embarrassment for MSNBC. pic.twitter.com/udw4jB2afM

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) November 19, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:36 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
I take it your answer is zero. Same for me. I don't know what it feels like to kill another human being. But I would guess if you polled those who have, they are not quite as caviler about it as you.
Not cavalier at all, if someone has bad intentions to kill and I have to defend myself then I have no problem to preserve my own life.

It's morality that dictates this as the assholes who rioted and had the prerogative to kill or injure others like they did in the past.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:38 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, nice obtuse and generalized answer.

Thus you must weep for insects and vermin when you layout poison or a can of Raid
One of the things that our military had to do over the last 50 years or so was to teach our service people to dehumanize the enemy. Maybe that's the wrong phrase for it, but what they had to do was overcome our natural aversion to taking the life of a fellow human being. There is no reason to mock that natural aversion. It's healthy. Some people can't get over it though. And that's fine. Not everyone is wired the same. I have no problem with the idea of people like me serving in their place instead. What is odd, though, is encountering people who seem to display no such aversion at all. Sounds like a mental health problem to me.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:39 PM 12-02-2021
Not cavalier at all, if someone has bad intentions to kill and I have to defend myself then I have no problem to preserve my own life.

It's morality that dictates this as the assholes who rioted and had the prerogative to kill or injure others like they did in the past.
Except, that's not the subject under discussion.

The subject under discussion is how it would feel. Afterwards. And you have no idea.

The one guy I asked one time, I should not have, but was young and dumb, had killed in Vietnam. And it was obvious to me that it affected him, and not in a good way. He didn't say he wouldn't do it again, because these were situations in which he had no choice.

But he obviously felt very bad about it.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:43 PM 12-02-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
One of the things that our military had to do over the last 50 years or so was to teach our service people to dehumanize the enemy. Maybe that's the wrong phrase for it, but what they had to do was overcome our natural aversion to taking the life of a fellow human being. There is no reason to mock that natural aversion. It's healthy. Some people can't get over it though. And that's fine. Not everyone is wired the same. I have no problem with the idea of people like me serving in their place instead. What is odd, though, is encountering people who seem to display no such aversion at all. Sounds like a mental health problem to me.
I think that is due to ignorance, not mental health issues, if we're not talking about psychos, which, I believe, is relatively rare.

I think the people who say "no big deal" just don't know.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:44 PM 12-02-2021
I think that is due to ignorance, not mental health issues, if we're not talking about psychos, which, I believe, is relatively rare.

I think the people who say "no big deal" just don't know.
Maybe so. I'd like to think that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:57 PM 12-02-2021
Except, that's not the subject under discussion.

The subject under discussion is how it would feel. Afterwards. And you have no idea.

The one guy I asked one time, I should not have, but was young and dumb, had killed in Vietnam. And it was obvious to me that it affected him, and not in a good way. He didn't say he wouldn't do it again, because these were situations in which he had no choice.

But he obviously felt very bad about it.
As I said, it's like killing a cockroach, it's him or me living.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 02:01 PM 12-02-2021
As I said, it's like killing a cockroach, it's him or me living.
I didn't say you wouldn't do it. So would I. The instinct for survival is not a weak one.

What I am saying is you don't know how it would feel. And you don't. And that's a good thing. For you. IMHO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 AM 12-03-2021

[Reply]
Page 125 of 125
« First < 2575115121122123124125
Up