ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 240
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:52 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...gainst-packers

Holy crap a lot of the AP commenters are dumb. They get hung up on the short field if we fail to convert. Who fucking cares? Packers didn't need points - they just needed a few first downs to run out the clock. It doesn't matter where they start on the field. Argh.

As dysfunctional as this forum is, no one here argues stupid shit like that.
It's because it's typical shit everyone has been ingrained with since they were a kid, if you do something different people flip out.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:53 AM 10-28-2019
Overall the team did ok minus a few key plays. Rodgers making 2 prayer throws, not being able to cover Jones, McCoy fumbling, Watkins not converting a 3rd down, Butker missing a field goal, and not going for it on 4th down at the end.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 10:55 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Overall the team did ok minus a few key plays. Rodgers making 2 prayer throws, not being able to cover Jones, McCoy fumbling, Watkins not converting a 3rd down, Butker missing a field goal, and not going for it on 4th down at the end.
Prayers are passes that are as likely or more likely to be intercepted as completed.

They were NOT prayers. There was 0% chance of either being picked off. They were masterful throws that gave his guy a chance to go get it while giving the defender no chance.

That's not a prayer. That's being awesome. Which he is.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:01 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Reid/Bienemy/Kafka's scheming last night was beyond brilliant. For that reason alone this thread is embarrassing.
That's not the problem.

Reid has game management issues stemming from a baffling lack of situational awareness.

The embarrassing part is the dimwitted half-brains who go "he's great, look at his offensive play schemes!"

That doesn't make a great head coach. It helps. But that's not the be-all end-all.

You need your OC to be great at offensive play calling and scheming. You need your HC to oversee everything while keeping a finger on the pulse of the entire team on a moment to moment basis.

His post game "defense had momentum" comment is a great example. WHAT DEFENSIVE MOMENTUM?! FROM THE 2ND AND 3RD QUARTERS!? DID HE WATCH ANY OF THE 4TH QUARTER DEFENSE, AND IF SO, WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE BLITHERING ON ABOUT THERE!?

Buddah wept.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:03 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's not the problem.

Reid has game management issues stemming from a baffling lack of situational awareness.

The embarrassing part is the dimwitted half-brains who go "he's great, look at his offensive play schemes!"

That doesn't make a great head coach. It helps. But that's not the be-all end-all.

You need your OC to be great at offensive play calling and scheming. You need your HC to oversee everything while keeping a finger on the pulse of the entire team on a moment to moment basis.

His post game "defense had momentum" comment is a great example. WHAT DEFENSIVE MOMENTUM?! FROM THE 2ND AND 3RD QUARTERS!? DID HE WATCH ANY OF THE 4TH QUARTER DEFENSE, AND IF SO, WHAT THE **** WAS HE BLITHERING ON ABOUT THERE!?

Buddah wept.
Just to be clear: You'd rather fire Reid (and lose his offensive genius) and hire someone else who could have a better handle on the "pulse of the team"? Is that accurate?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:06 AM 10-28-2019
Just to be clear: You'd rather fire Reid (and lose his offensive genius) and hire someone else who could have a better handle on the "pulse of the team"? Is that accurate?
Or hire someone to be "assistant HC" to have that better handle on the team and tell Andy "we're going for it here, punt and we never see the ball back. Call a play guaranteed to get us 4 yards, GENIUS."
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:09 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Or hire someone to be "assistant HC" to have that better handle on the team and tell Andy "we're going for it here, punt and we never see the ball back. Call a play guaranteed to get us 4 yards, GENIUS."
So, you've changed your stance on no longer wanting him to be HC?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:16 AM 10-28-2019
I am starting to think that part of the problem is that on some level Andy doesn't see himself as responsible for the whole team - just the offense.

Not that he's doing it consciously. But somewhere in the back of his mind is "well my defense *should* be able to get a stop with 5 minutes left dammit" - even though he should know that in their gassed state, that is less likely than converting a 4th and 3.

It's almost like he's throwing the ball over to the other side of the court and saying "this is on you Spags, not it!".
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:16 AM 10-28-2019
Reid's coaching is the only reason were were in that game to begin with, considering the injuries. But he does need someone in his ear about situational decisions.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:32 AM 10-28-2019
And that someone is gonna be Mahomes any time he's in the game, which makes me feel much better. No way Mahomes lets Reid punt last night.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:38 AM 10-28-2019
I swear, some of you act like if Andy leaves this offense is suddenly just going to become the worst offense in the NFL.

There's several guys in this league that are just as good as an offensive mind without the heinous time management/game awareness...

All I ever hear is "don't worry we got Patrick Mahomes"....well guess what, if Andy leaves we still got Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I swear, some of you act like if Andy leaves this offense is suddenly just going to become the worst offense in the NFL.

There's several guys in this league that are just as good as an offensive mind without the heinous time management/game awareness...

All I ever hear is "don't worry we got Patrick Mahomes"....well guess what, if Andy leaves we still got Patrick Mahomes.
It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that even with his warts, Andy Reid is still a top 3 HC. Fucking moron.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:43 AM 10-28-2019
I don't want to lose Andy Reid, but I'd love to gain a guy on the Staff that can help him manage:

a. Clock/Timeouts

b. In Game decisions (ie. when to toss the challenge flag, when to go for it on 4th down, etc)
[Reply]
Jerm 11:46 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not about that. It’s about the fact that even with his warts, Andy Reid is still a top 3 HC. Fucking moron.
In your opinion he is and that's fine.

You probably truly believe that after 20 years and several chances here, he'll suddenly figure it out and we'll win a Super Bowl....and I'm the fucking moron. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:47 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:

Who are those guys?
[Reply]
Page 169 of 240
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219 > Last »
Up