ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3865 of 3903
« First < 2865336537653815385538613862386338643865 38663867386838693875 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bwana 02:35 PM 01-18-2022
Not sure if this has been posted, but you can get 4 FREE rona test kits shipped to you, if interested.

https://special.usps.com/testkits

[Reply]
loochy 02:47 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Not sure if this has been posted, but you can get 4 FREE rona test kits shipped to you, if interested.

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Yeah, my wife ordered them today.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:56 PM 01-18-2022
My next door neighbor died the other day, not because of covid directly. He had a fall, busted his knee bad and had some issues because of it. He was in the hospital a couple of weeks and they tried to find him an ICU bed but none were open in the 6 state region.

While his wife was visiting the other evening he coded from a blood clot and died right there. They don't call the hospital Death valley for nothing and why people try to go elsewhere.

He was a very good guy and huge Chiefs fan. He went to the Vegas game earlier this year and was planning on going to the Pro Bowl. just terrible.
[Reply]
TLO 02:56 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
I ordered today.

Is this why you can't find any rapid antigen tests on the shelves I wonder?

Or is that because people are hording them like they were toilet paper?
[Reply]
eDave 02:57 PM 01-18-2022
To what end? I don't need no damned test to tell me I'm sick and should stay home and get better, at least for 10 days.

I don't get the test hype.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:58 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I ordered today.

My guess is hoarding
[Reply]
O.city 02:58 PM 01-18-2022
Schools having to shut down all around here because so many people out sick.
[Reply]
loochy 03:06 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
To what end? I don't need no damned test to tell me I'm sick and should stay home and get better, at least for 10 days.

To keep my son in school. For example, right now he has a cold. We tested so we can show he is negative so they don't keep him out for 10 days.
[Reply]
loochy 03:08 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I ordered today.

Both, probably.
[Reply]
eDave 03:09 PM 01-18-2022
To keep my son in school. For example, right now he has a cold. We tested so we can show he is negative so they don't keep him out for 10 days.
Understood. Thanks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:09 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:

Most employers want a negative test to return to work.
[Reply]
eDave 03:11 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Understood. Thanks.
[Reply]
loochy 03:14 PM 01-18-2022

My wife is a pediatric NP. They have no real quarantine period...if you don't have a fever then you need to come to work.

And, luckily, I telecommute most of the time so it's a total non issue for me.

The worst part is if my son gets it - they're still doing an automatic 10 days out. That school is effing expensive so I don't want him missing days!
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:34 PM 01-18-2022
My next door neighbor died the other day, not because of covid directly. He had a fall, busted his knee bad and had some issues because of it. He was in the hospital a couple of weeks and they tried to find him an ICU bed but none were open in the 6 state region.

While his wife was visiting the other evening he coded from a blood clot and died right there. They don't call the hospital Death valley for nothing and why people try to go elsewhere.

He was a very good guy and huge Chiefs fan. He went to the Vegas game earlier this year and was planning on going to the Pro Bowl. just terrible.
That's a terribly sad story.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:58 PM 01-18-2022
This is what a collapse of the hospital system looks like.

No, it doesn't have to mean the doors are shut and people are bleeding to death in the parking lot.

It means the system can't provide the level of critical care that it used to and real people suffer real consequences.

This is why in the short term we want to spread out the current wave of cases.

And in the medium/long term it would probably be useful if society could figure out how to entice more medical workers into and staying in the system.
[Reply]
Page 3865 of 3903
« First < 2865336537653815385538613862386338643865 38663867386838693875 > Last »
Up