ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3862 of 3903
« First < 2862336237623812385238583859386038613862 38633864386538663872 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:05 PM 01-12-2022
It took me like three days to get tested and I didn’t want to wait a week to go somewhere but I finally found an at home test. It came back negative which is disappointing but I can’t help but wonder how accurate it is. I had some pretty minor symptoms that are mostly gone and I would much prefer to just have it. The toddler has some symptoms as well. My wife has a little soar throat and will get tested through work and she really wants it because they will give her two weeks off paid.

It just seems incredibly unlikely for it to not be omnicron given it is everywhere.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:10 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It took me like three days to get tested and I didn’t want to wait a week to go somewhere but I finally found an at home test. It came back negative which is disappointing but I can’t help but wonder how accurate it is. I had some pretty minor symptoms that are mostly gone and I would much prefer to just have it. The toddler has some symptoms as well. My wife has a little soar throat and will get tested through work and she really wants it because they will give her two weeks off paid.

It just seems incredibly unlikely for it to not be omnicron given it is everywhere.
I don't know if it is true or not, but I read somewhere that omicron hits the throat more (which is why more people have sore throats with it than they did Delta) and that the nasal antigen tests aren't good at detecting it in early stages.

I know a lot of people, myself included, who did the quick test or home test nasal swab early when not feeling well and it was negative, only to have a positive antigen or pcr result days later.
[Reply]
TLO 12:15 PM 01-12-2022
I had a negative antigen and negative PCR a month or so a go that I doubted the accuracy of. It felt like a cold, but with much more fatigue. The closest thing I could compare the fatigue to was when I had mono in college.

But there's a lot of viruses out there. Who knows. Had to miss a couple days of work due to the fatigue.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:42 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I don't know if it is true or not, but I read somewhere that omicron hits the throat more (which is why more people have sore throats with it than they did Delta) and that the nasal antigen tests aren't good at detecting it in early stages.

I know a lot of people, myself included, who did the quick test or home test nasal swab early when not feeling well and it was negative, only to have a positive antigen or pcr result days later.

Yeah I might take the second one in a few days. But my symptoms have been so minor it’s hard to say when they really started as I haven’t had anything that would keep me from doing my regular routine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:00 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
At the same time, if Patrick Mahomes died of Covid, he'd be well into the overweight range of their metric and dangerously close to obese according to the metric they use to say how many people are overweight/obese who die from Covid.

He'd need to lose 30-80 pounds to be "healthy".

Obviously, unhealthy people tend to be unhealthy and Patrick Mahomes isn't dying from Covid, but the metric in itself is just as useless as the whole "came in with a gunshot wound, died of Covid" thing that goes around.
Those metrics seem to assume no one ever lifts weights, or even has a stocky build.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:44 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Those metrics seem to assume no one ever lifts weights, or even has a stocky build.
Exactly why BMI is worthless.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 01-12-2022
My antigen tests were positive as fuck as soon as I had symptoms.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 01-12-2022
My daughter tested positive on Monday but had no symptoms.

I have symptoms now but I haven't been tested and I really don't intend to get tested at this point because my symptoms started yesterday and I'm already feeling 80% better.
[Reply]
O.city 02:10 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I have symptoms now but I haven't been tested and I really don't intend to get tested at this point because my symptoms started yesterday and I'm already feeling 80% better.
Good luck my man. Hope you get better quick.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:43 PM 01-12-2022
Yeah, I'm 6'3", ~210-215 with what's said to be a healthy 50% waist circumference/height ratio.... I work out, but not religiously or anything and have a hard time putting on muscle, and I'm apparently still 15-60 pounds from target. And I wouldn't call myself stocky at all. I haven't been 160 since high school and was a pipe cleaner back then. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 03:00 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Good luck! Both my kids have it but so far the wife and I have kept it away.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:18 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, I'm 6'3", ~210-215 with what's said to be a healthy 50% waist circumference/height ratio.... I work out, but not religiously or anything and have a hard time putting on muscle, and I'm apparently still 15-60 pounds from target. And I wouldn't call myself stocky at all. I haven't been 160 since high school and was a pipe cleaner back then. :-)
I think the charts are also based on a time when kids ate less protein, or growth hormone in fast food, or something. 6'3 148 is just lol.

I'm 6'1 250, definitely overweight. But I've had a dunk tank say my lean body mass is 191. I could have 0% body fat (and be dead) and the charts would still say I'm unhealthily fat.
[Reply]
eDave 04:22 PM 01-12-2022
Nice spike in AZ:

Cases by day:

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:25 PM 01-12-2022
some school districts here are closing. For a week, then TBD.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:29 PM 01-12-2022
I think the charts are also based on a time when kids ate less protein, or growth hormone in fast food, or something. 6'3 148 is just lol.

I'm 6'1 250, definitely overweight. But I've had a dunk tank say my lean body mass is 191. I could have 0% body fat (and be dead) and the charts would still say I'm unhealthily fat.
after 1 year of p90x/insanity I got down to 205 6'0" and people said looked too skinny but would still chart as overweight , even the girl who brought me 38" skinny slim fit jeans to try on was surprised when I could not get then passed my knees, hockey player thighs/hips/ass . My son who is 6'1" about 170lbs needs to wear size 36 pants even though he probably has 30-32" waist just to get passed the thighs
[Reply]
Page 3862 of 3903
« First < 2862336237623812385238583859386038613862 38633864386538663872 > Last »
Up