ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3851 of 3903
« First < 2851335137513801384138473848384938503851 385238533854385538613901 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Swanman 05:50 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
A buddy just made a FB post basically accepting that his wife isn't going to survive. She's been in a medically induced coma for a couple weeks, I think. They weren't vaccinated. He told my wife that he regrets it but they didn't know what to believe. They also weren't monitoring her O2 levels when she got sick. I don't think they really believed it was real until it was too late. They're good people. They're smart people. I can't understand all the unnecessary death. I feel terrible for him and their children. Fuck. This would be the fourth death of people I personally know within the past two weeks. All unvaccinated. Two in their 60's, this one 50ish, and one in her early 20's.
People can start by believing actual data and not bullshit spewed on social media. Sorry for your friend, the needless suffering is soulcrushing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:12 PM 01-01-2022
A buddy just made a FB post basically accepting that his wife isn't going to survive. She's been in a medically induced coma for a couple weeks, I think. They weren't vaccinated. He told my wife that he regrets it but they didn't know what to believe. They also weren't monitoring her O2 levels when she got sick. I don't think they really believed it was real until it was too late. They're good people. They're smart people. I can't understand all the unnecessary death. I feel terrible for him and their children. ****. This would be the fourth death of people I personally know within the past two weeks. All unvaccinated. Two in their 60's, this one 50ish, and one in her early 20's.
That really stinks. Sorry to hear that.
[Reply]
eDave 06:17 PM 01-01-2022
A buddy just made a FB post basically accepting that his wife isn't going to survive. She's been in a medically induced coma for a couple weeks, I think. They weren't vaccinated. He told my wife that he regrets it but they didn't know what to believe. They also weren't monitoring her O2 levels when she got sick. I don't think they really believed it was real until it was too late. They're good people. They're smart people. I can't understand all the unnecessary death. I feel terrible for him and their children. ****. This would be the fourth death of people I personally know within the past two weeks. All unvaccinated. Two in their 60's, this one 50ish, and one in her early 20's.
This doesn't reconcile.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:31 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
This doesn't reconcile.
I understand what you're saying but they definitely are intelligent people. She was a teacher and by all accounts a great one.
[Reply]
TLO 06:46 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
This doesn't reconcile.
I have people in my life like this too. Very intelligent people that think the vaccine is pure evil. I don't fully understand it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:04 PM 01-01-2022
Smart dumbasses
[Reply]
Swanman 08:59 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
I have people in my life like this too. Very intelligent people that think the vaccine is pure evil. I don't fully understand it.
Even the most intelligent people can have blind spots to obvious bullshit. Lately that has been causes by political ideology/tribalism, on either side of the aisle.

I hurt my foot back in 2020 and went to a well-established podiatrist to get everything checked out. He did fine with my treatment. On my last appt for some strange reason he brought up the election (this was in October 2020) and proceeded to regurgitate the most batshit insane conspiracy theories that I have ever heard that I guarantee he got from some memelord on facebook. Luckily my appointment was over so I just walked away from him shaking my head.
[Reply]
O.city 09:41 PM 01-01-2022
This sucks man. Hate it for you
[Reply]
prhom 10:12 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Test
That’s a great idea. Too bad there’s still not enough capacity to do it at the required level.

I got a few symptoms today and went to schedule a test here in Denver. No available time slots until Tuesday. I scheduled it anyway, but hell, going by the 5 day rule from the start of symptoms I’ll be almost good to go again.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:22 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Swanman:
People can start by believing actual data and not bullshit spewed on social media. Sorry for your friend, the needless suffering is soulcrushing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
It would be nice if the BS was restricted to social media. However, you can also find a lot of flat out contradictory 'factual' information on cable TV shows and other more official type of sources that really should be fact checked and really should be called out when they flat out lie.

But they aren't.

So I'm a bit sympathetic about how easy it is to live in an echo chamber.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 10:30 PM 01-01-2022
We go back to school Monday and I pray we make it through this semester without mandated masks and or online school. I teach high school and community college welding and it’s been a struggle but the kids are amazing and resilient. Much more so than us old dog teachers. I was always forgetting my mask yet, our school of 2000 plus, seldom had kids who were not wearing them.
Please lord let us make it through the semester!
[Reply]
Dunit35 11:25 PM 01-01-2022
My daughter fell behind last year during Covid. She started 3rd grade at a 2nd grade level. Teachers said it could’ve been due to being at home so much when schools were shut down.

We sent her to a tutoring academy. She spent the entire semester two days a week tutoring. She caught up just fine but we spent $1500 for the school. Makes me wonder how many other kids fell behind but couldn’t afford to do what we did.
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 01-02-2022
Lotta kids fell behind. Had to.

Gotta make sure schools stay open. Too important.

This no smell or taste thing sucks major asshole
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:12 AM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This no smell or taste thing sucks major asshole
The good news is that you could eat major asshole and not taste or smell it :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 09:16 AM 01-02-2022
The good news is that you could eat major asshole and not taste or smell it :-)
Loss of smell and taste would take getting used to but is manageable.

Would much rather get that than the disease transferred by ticks that makes you allergic to red meat.
[Reply]
Page 3851 of 3903
« First < 2851335137513801384138473848384938503851 385238533854385538613901 > Last »
Up