ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2861 of 3903
« First < 1861236127612811285128572858285928602861 286228632864286528712911296133613861 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 06:32 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Keep shitposting pete, maybe you can run off all the good mods.
Pete ran off a mod? That mod is a pussy if he's running off from Pete.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:33 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

[Reply]
petegz28 06:33 PM 08-16-2020

[Reply]
eDave 06:34 PM 08-16-2020
It was a group effort, somewhat coordinated, that I wouldn't attach Pete to.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:40 PM 08-16-2020
Yeah KCChiefsFan88 did the lion's share of work. And then a few of the no avatar morons who've never made a non terrible post in their lives showed up.

But Pete's endless diarrhea posting does truly wear out anyone who keeps trying to get him to understand basic facts. DaFace found himself in that position a lot over the last few months.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:49 PM 08-16-2020
Don’t just look at covid-19 fatality rates. Look at people who survive — but don’t entirely recover.

Not a ton of new info here except that there are some major studies in the works, which is great.

Originally Posted by :
It’s too early to say what the long-term prognosis of those attacks would be; with other viruses that infect the heart, most acute, symptomatic myocarditis cases eventually resolve without long-term clinical complications. Though Leslie Cooper, a cardiologist at the Mayo Clinic, estimates that 20 to 30 percent of patients who experience acute viral myocarditis end up with some sort of long-term heart disease including recurrent chest pain or shortness of breath, which can be progressive and debilitating. When I asked whether the risk of long-term disability from covid-19 could potentially end up being greater than the risk of death, Cooper said: “Yes, absolutely.”

Those patients would, on average, be much younger than the ones who are dying; the median age in the German study was 49. These are patients with many years of life to lose, either to disability or early death. And there are disturbing findings from much younger patients; a study of 186 children who had MIS-C, the (thankfully rare) inflammatory syndrome that can occur with pediatric covid-19, showed 15 had developed aneurysms of the coronary artery.

But you can’t generalize from such small studies, especially since covid-19 is rapidly becoming the most-studied disease in human history; if we regularly put patients with other viral infections through cardiac MRIs, what might their hearts look like a few months in?

We desperately need larger, more comprehensive studies, and, thankfully, they’re in the works — one of the largest and the best will follow 10,000 British patients. But these take time to set up, and as genetic epidemiologist Louise Wain, a researcher on the British study, told me ruefully, “No one warned us a year ago that we were going to have a pandemic.” She hopes to have the 1,000th patient enrolled by September, which is amazingly fast, but still not quick enough for policymakers and individuals who have to decide whether to leave our hermitages.

[Reply]
petegz28 06:49 PM 08-16-2020
Yeah KCChiefsFan88 did the lion's share of work. And then a few of the no avatar morons who've never made a non terrible post in their lives showed up.

But Pete's endless diarrhea posting does truly wear out anyone who keeps trying to get him to understand basic facts. DaFace found himself in that position a lot over the last few months.
Yes, one should aspire to reach the level of douchebaggery you have achieved......:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It was a group effort, somewhat coordinated, that I wouldn't attach Pete to.
I don't even know WTF people are talking about vis-a-vis running off Mods? I haven't hardly even posted the last week.

On a separate note I have a penthouse in Suzzer's head rent free....wanna party????? :-)
[Reply]
eDave 06:53 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I don't even know WTF people are talking about vis-a-vis running off Mods? I haven't hardly even posted the last week.

On a separate note I have a penthouse in Suzzer's head rent free....wanna party????? :-)
I'm mostly upset over the deteriorating relationship between you and Lewdog.
[Reply]
philfree 06:56 PM 08-16-2020
Just talked with a buddy and he had the whu flu. He's the only person that I know who had the virus. He didn't get any treatment just Tylenol and then he switched to Ibuprofen. Said his symptoms weren't bad enough for treatment.
[Reply]
O.city 06:59 PM 08-16-2020
Don’t just look at covid-19 fatality rates. Look at people who survive — but don’t entirely recover.

Not a ton of new info here except that there are some major studies in the works, which is great.
Yeah we need to spend more time on post viral fatigue. It’s a problem with all major viral infections
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:12 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah we need to spend more time on post viral fatigue. It’s a problem with all major viral infections
Yeah studies with 7 and 6 people being effected and "internet" accounts really don't mean jack shit to me. Let's get a real study.
[Reply]
TLO 07:34 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It hit me HARD when I had mono in college. I was wiped out for a couple months.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'm mostly upset over the deteriorating relationship between you and Lewdog.
Hey, fuck lew. I tried to be nice to him. When everyone else was telling him he had Covid I was the only one hoping it was something else knowing I was probably wrong. Instead of appreciating the fact I was actually hoping he had something other than Covid he chose to make a spectacle of the whole deal.

I knew he most likely had it but I was trying to focus on the positive and what did I get for it? Yeah, fuck him and his bullshit.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:54 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It hit me HARD when I had mono in college. I was wiped out for a couple months.
Some people like me carry mono, or use to anyway, and never break out in symptoms.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:08 PM 08-16-2020
PGM coming out of the bullpen throwing heat in the thread.
[Reply]
Page 2861 of 3903
« First < 1861236127612811285128572858285928602861 286228632864286528712911296133613861 > Last »
Up