ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Have you ever used a personal trainer?
SuperChief 12:42 PM 05-16-2022
Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
[Reply]
Holladay 07:26 PM 05-16-2022
What is a preworkout?

I live out in the sticks, thus no trainer available and I only see one person, if that, at the gym at a time.

I subscribe to the KISS principle...Keep It Simple Stupid. I feel in those 30 mins, I work every muscle group to a fair degree. That is all I want. I also keep moving. I pace when I am on the phone etc. I try and get at least 10k steps in a day. I did 20k a few times and they say that is like walking 9.4 miles:-) I was a little sore the next day.

I figure what I am doing is not for everyone, but it sure can't hurt. I might be a bit boring, but I am not there to be entertained. My goal is to lose weight, increase energy and get toned. Nothing huge. Make it a life style habit.

I sure dick around the "Planet" more then 30 min a day:-)
[Reply]
Holladay 07:27 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by :
Spent a few sessions with a trainer and nutritionist. Worked out for about a year.

Learned all I needed to know in a short time and still follow those guidelines.
Good idea!
[Reply]
SupDock 07:30 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
What is a preworkout?

I live out in the sticks, thus no trainer available and I only see one person, if that, at the gym at a time.

I subscribe to the KISS principle...Keep It Simple Stupid. I feel in those 30 mins, I work every muscle group to a fair degree. That is all I want. I also keep moving. I pace when I am on the phone etc. I try and get at least 10k steps in a day. I did 20k a few times and they say that is like walking 9.4 miles:-) I was a little sore the next day.

I figure what I am doing is for everyone, but it sure can't hurt. My goal is to lose weight, increase energy and get toned. Nothing huge. Make it a life style habit.

I sure dick around the "Planet" more then 30 min a day:-)
Pre-workout is basically a powder That you add to water before working out. Generally has a stimulant, and a “pump” ingredient. Often has creatine. Supposedly helps your workout.

Pre Workout Powder; Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged Sport Pre Workout for Men and Women, Increase Energy, Focus, Hydration, and Endurance, Organic Caffeine, Plant Based Citrulline, Fruit Punch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099LMHRN3...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Decent example.
[Reply]
SupDock 07:31 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
I try and keep the work outs as efficient as possible. Thus for the aerobic side my fall back is rowing (when I can't swim). Very much all body with the exception of pecs and biceps (I do rowing sets curling instead of the normal pull). You can do all sorts of exercises: lat pull downs, tricep extensions, dips, shoulder shrugs etc. A good row does pretty much all of them with the least amount of time and low impact on the joints.
You almost have me convinced. I have been eyeballing the Concept 2 for a while.

I wish I had regular access to a lap lane.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:37 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Thanks for chiming in, folks! I really appreciate the input and advice.

My wife and I both have experience lifting weights, so the main thing we're looking for is the accountability part of the arrangement. Personally, I'm the least motivated person in terms of lifting and cardio, so I am desperately needing someone to help me get started. I'm confident that, over time, I'll be able to pick up the routines and workout plans quickly and be able to take it over for myself.

Slow and steady, though. I'm absolutely looking more into the "lifestyle" changes that some have mentioned already. I'm headed down the right path w/ nutrition (no soda, veggies w/ every meal, fairly clean eating overall), but it's the fitness part for which I need a swift kick in the arse.

Do you track your weights and progress? Helps to have every single exercise laid out with reps and weight you do so you can see progress but also prevent yourself from getting comfortable.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:38 PM 05-16-2022
That is what I row with. I got one at home and there is one at the gym.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:41 PM 05-16-2022
Same on the lap lane. Again, sticks. No indoor pool.

You can't go wrong with rowing (except swimming). All body, low impact. You feel it in your arms, legs (even calves), lats, shoulders and works your tummy a bit.

What other exercise does all that? You do 10 cal/min for 20 min straight, you walk funny afterwards.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:41 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by SupDock:
Pre-workout is basically a powder That you add to water before working out. Generally has a stimulant, and a “pump” ingredient. Often has creatine. Supposedly helps your workout.

Pre Workout Powder; Kaged Muscle Pre-Kaged Sport Pre Workout for Men and Women, Increase Energy, Focus, Hydration, and Endurance, Organic Caffeine, Plant Based Citrulline, Fruit Punch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099LMHRN3...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Decent example.
I normally just buy creatine monohydrate and it's something like 200 servings for $10... but I happened to look the other day and can't find it for under $35-40. :-)
[Reply]
Holladay 07:47 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by :
Slow and steady, though. I'm absolutely looking more into the "lifestyle" changes that some have mentioned already.
Yep. It took years to put on the weight, you can't expect within a few months to take it off. Thus the lifestyle change.

I have gotten serious doing my little 30 min/day crap and most days toss in an extra 20 min bike in front of the TV and have dropped 8 lbs in a month. I bounce 1-2 lbs each day and on a definite downward slope.

I look forward to what I weight the end of next month.

Keep in mind, the scale is a lagging index. Both up and down.
[Reply]
Holladay 07:50 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by :
Pre-workout is basically a powder
I might look at it. But doesn't seem to fly with the KISS principle. Seems to much work...:-) I make a large pot of coffee and put it in a pitcher in the frig. 30 min prior, slam a cup of cold joe. Done. The pitcher lasts me a week and cheaper.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:53 PM 05-16-2022
Just take Lews advice it's worked for me
Attached: Screenshot_20220516-205204_Snapchat.jpg (47.7 KB) 
[Reply]
loochy 08:34 PM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Oh, so you hired a Jewish trainer?
[Reply]
loochy 08:36 PM 05-16-2022
Just find a site that that sends tren

purple panda labs
[Reply]
lewdog 08:38 PM 05-16-2022
Dang, did you finally lean out?

Nice job.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:24 PM 05-16-2022
The answer to the Pop Quiz as to which is the heaviest weight in the gym?

The front door
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up