ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:13 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
He was our best pass rusher last season. Played with much needed attitude. Too bad we couldn't keep him.
We could’ve.

Veach missed. Again.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:14 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So the DL is a ‘priority’ yet will essentially be the same as it was last season with a rookie Karlaftis replacing Ingram.

Veach can either trade for Quinn or just acknowledge that he absolutely fucked this DL up. It’s one of the 5-8 worst lines in football. Just complete garbage.

But at least it makes up for being limited by also being paper thin.

Fucking aces work, Brett.
We didn’t have Ingram this time last year. We also didn’t have Pennel or Suggs this time of year the year we won the Super Bowl.

We also don’t have Chris Jones trying to convert to DE, he can work on getting his body back to DT size.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:14 PM 05-15-2022
The defensive line is a piece of shit and Veach has passed on literally DOZENS of opportunities to improve it.

So yeah, I think it’s fair to say by May that he’s put himself in a corner.

It’s Quinn or try to win with a POS line at this point. Oh, and if his plan is ‘well maybe my DL coach can just make chicken salad out of chicken shit, that’s a real bad plan.
If Veach is trusting the new DL coach and improvement from Clark as how we’re going to improve at DL, that’s not ideal. For sure. It’s mid May, though. Give him time to make moves.

If he decides to sign Clowney or trade for a DE like Quinn, we will be improved greatly on the DL and will have an extra pick in a great draft class to work with next year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:16 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
There are still 4-5 vet DEs that I’d love to have. 2-3 of them are upgrades to Ingram.

Dunlap
Clowney
Houston
Hicks

By trade there are a few, as well.

Let’s slow down and wait for the cake to be served before we complain about each ingredient choice. This is a 4Michelin star restaurant.
The first 4 Michelin star restaurant on the planet! What an exquisite meal our man Veach will be serving!

But being serious, absolutely. Ingram was a good fit and a real value add for the team. Maybe he wanted to be in Miami? Veach can't hold him at gunpoint but can at least take steps to make sure we get a decent comp pick if we lose the guy. Then pivot to the other options.

Just as Ingram didn't seem like he was the holy grail when we picked him up, no one we bring in will seem that way. But pair one of the four on your list with a first round pick, and while the DL still won't be what I hoped it would a couple months ago, that's balanced by the fact that our secondary will be better than I had expected.

I can live with that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:17 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
We didn’t have Ingram this time last year. We also didn’t have Pennel or Suggs this time of year the year we won the Super Bowl.

We also don’t have Chris Jones trying to convert to DE, he can work on getting his body back to DT size.
We were also a HISTORICALLY bad defensive unit until Ingram came along. Literally among the worst defensive starts in NFL history.

Seems like maybe taking that approach again is a fools errand given the the entire division has improved significantly and we don’t have the kind of margin for error we did the last several years.
[Reply]
TEX 07:22 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The first 4 Michelin star restaurant on the planet! What an exquisite meal our man Veach will be serving!

But being serious, absolutely. Ingram was a good fit and a real value add for the team. Maybe he wanted to be in Miami? Veach can't hold him at gunpoint but can at least take steps to make sure we get a decent comp pick if we lose the guy. Then pivot to the other options.

Just as Ingram didn't seem like he was the holy grail when we picked him up, no one we bring in will seem that way. But pair one of the four on your list with a first round pick, and while the DL still won't be what I hoped it would a couple months ago, that's balanced by the fact that our secondary will be better than I had expected.

I can live with that.
The line drawn in the sand for improving the DL keeps getting pushed
backwards. We're approaching the point where we're just going to have to roll with what we have. I too like the additions in the secondary and am hopeful that they'll be better as a unit. However, the best way to ensure the defense as a whole improves is to have better D-Line play. It's the one thing that can make the biggest difference across the board.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:23 PM 05-15-2022
We were also a HISTORICALLY bad defensive unit until Ingram came along. Literally among the worst defensive starts in NFL history.

Seems like maybe taking that approach again is a fools errand given the the entire division has improved significantly and we don’t have the kind of margin for error we did the last several years.
I don’t disagree, part of that problem was Jones playing DE. That experiment is over. We drafted a DE in the first round, we drafted a LB who can also apply pressure blitzing. We are easily in better shape today than a year ago today.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:24 PM 05-15-2022
We could’ve.

Veach missed. Again.
And he CHOSE to let Ingram sign in Miami and not match the offer.

Veach said that after the OBJ deal is done he will have the resources to make a big move and that right now he only has the resources to make a small one.

Trust me when I say he’s not done at DE.
[Reply]
-King- 07:29 PM 05-15-2022

Veach said that after the OBJ deal is done he will have the resources to make a big move and that right now he only has the resources to make a small one.

How many million do we have to be under the cap in order to make that move? And where is that move coming from? Are there a bunch of young great DEs on the trade block right now just waiting for a trade?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:32 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
The line drawn in the sand for improving the DL keeps getting pushed backwards.
The reality is that this so-called line is completely arbitrary. If there's a deadline, it's the regular season and we're still 4 months out until we get there.

We all assumed that we'd be without Clark.

We mostly all assumed that we'd still retain Ingram.

Both of these are shocks to the system.

I feel like some of you don't view a first round edge rusher as a real investment in the DL and I'm confused by that.

Let's see where we are holistically in August.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:35 PM 05-15-2022

All he has to do is restructure Mahomes base and he’ll free up whatever ‘resources’ he needs.

And his options (and thus his leverage) dwindle by the day.

Frankly I hope he’s done at this point. Frank Clark was the last move he made when he get backed into a corner. Watching him get prison raped in a long-term deal for Clowney or give up a 2nd rounder for Quinn seems more his speed though.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:44 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
He was our best pass rusher last season. Played with much needed attitude. Too bad we couldn't keep him.
Those two sacks were epic indeed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:46 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Nah...the question is whether he's addressed the pass rush...regardless of whether it's coming from the edge or not. If he has, who cares whether it comes from the edge or elsewhere. We will see. Impossible to predict at this point.
We all know theres NO possible way Veach is satisfied right now

Moves will be made to address it, we all know this
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:46 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Those two sacks were epic indeed.
His forced fumble in the Denver game that singularly won it was as epic a defensive play as this team has seen in this century.
[Reply]
TEX 07:48 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The reality is that this so-called line is completely arbitrary. If there's a deadline, it's the regular season and we're still 4 months out until we get there.

We all assumed that we'd be without Clark.

We mostly all assumed that we'd still retain Ingram.

Both of these are shocks to the system.

I feel like some of you don't view a first round edge rusher as a real investment in the DL and I'm confused by that.

Let's see where we are holistically in August.
I recognize that the rookie pass rusher is a good investment in the DL. However, I could have done the same things Veach has done to improve the DL this off season thus far. We all could have. I think that's where the confusion is. I expected more at this point. Maybe that was an unrealistic expectation on my part. I just saw how he attacked the OL last off season and expected the same kind of results with the DL this off season.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 35
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up