ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:33 PM 05-15-2022

Breaking: FA DE Melvin Ingram is signing with the #Dolphins, per source.

The 3x Pro Bowler has 51 career sacks with 74 TFLs and 119 QB hits. Another good move for Chris Grier and the Phins.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 15, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:14 PM 05-15-2022
DJ was also another 1 of those guys including myself who wanted to get younger on the defensive line. Well we did that.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:16 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
The only part that's nonsense is Clowney signing a LTD. Other than that, how is it nonsense? If we trade for Quinn, we'll have to trade a premium pick to do it.

And I think Clowney is going back to the Browns anyway. He'd be stupid to not go back and be Myles Garretts clean up man.
Nobody is giving up a 2nd for Robert Quinn.

And since Clowney was the other half, it’s absolutely all nonsense.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:16 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why would he say that? It's pretty clear there's young talent on this defense but it's also going to take its lumps. We drafted a million young guys in the secondary I'd imagine they all will play except for Williams.
Yeah, he didn’t say it explicitly and won’t say it explicitly. But it’s clear he’s thinking more toward the next several years rather than exclusively this one.

It’s just going to be a hard pill to swallow for a group of CP members who have become entitled and need instant gratification.

So that’s the next culture war on here: 2022’s success versus anything beyond.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:16 PM 05-15-2022
Cool. So why are we listing how he attacked the secondary as a reason why he didn't attack the DL?

And lol @ WR being an improvement.
He used a first rd pick on the DL. As stated in his interviews he wanted to spend on a DE but at the time was going to use it on Tyreek. Then the trade happened.

JMO but I don’t think he wanted to spend what was spent on Smith and his back problems.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:16 PM 05-15-2022
Not surprised Ingram didn't return when we drafted Karlaftis.

Pittsburgh was having him playing behind a rookie as well.

Doesn't matter. The world doest start and stop with a DE in his 30s.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:19 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He used a first rd pick on the DL. As stated in his interviews he wanted to spend on a DE but at the time was going to use it on Tyreek. Then the trade happened.

JMO but I don’t think he wanted to spend what was spent on Smith and his back problems.
It’s not just Smith. The entire FA market was full of old edge rushers looking for big money.

It is very obvious that Veach prefers not to give top dollar long term deals to guys in their 30s.

Veach’s comments on Tyreek and the DE market made it very clear that he was stuck on going all-in on the short term, or taking a step back and playing the long game.

I’m pretty sure that all of our competitors going all-in on the short term made is that much easier to pull the trigger on a Tyreek trade and zig while everybody else zagged.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:19 PM 05-15-2022
Cool. So why are we listing how he attacked the secondary as a reason why he didn't attack the DL?

We literally used a first round pick to help fortify a DL that already employs an all-pro type player. What else, exactly, were you expecting?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:21 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s not just Smith. The entire FA market was full of old edge rushers looking for big money.

It is very obvious that Veach prefers not to give top dollar long term deals to guys in their 30s.

Veach’s comments on Tyreek and the DE market made it very clear that he was stuck on going all-in on the short term, or taking a step back and playing the long game.

I’m pretty sure that all of our competitors going all-in on the short term made is that much easier to pull the trigger on a Tyreek trade and zig while everybody else zagged.
Very clearly this.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:21 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yeah, he didn’t say it explicitly and won’t say it explicitly. But it’s clear he’s thinking more toward the next several years rather than exclusively this one.

It’s just going to be a hard pill to swallow for a group of CP members who have become entitled and need instant gratification.

So that’s the next culture war on here: 2022’s success versus anything beyond.
But you know what's happen next. Team doesn't live up to CP expectations and it's fire this guy cut that guy. Gotta sit back and just enjoy it.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:25 PM 05-15-2022

Because he didn’t “attack” the DL like he did the secondary. That doesn’t mean that he did absolutely nothing when he used a 1at round pick though.

You used the word “improved”. Karlaftis is absolutely an improvement, but he didn’t attack the DL like some of us had hoped.

WR as a group is improved, but they’re obviously going to miss arguably the best in the game. They absolutely downgraded at WR1, but WR2-5 are absolutely improved. I understand that nuance is difficult for you because you can’t accept the Tyreek trade, but it’s the truth.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:29 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Veach doesn't view this years team as a super bowl one. Let those young guys get snaps potentially develope talent there move forward. What's wrong with that?
When you have the best QB in the NFL, every season is a SB contending season.

Come on now :-)

Everyone was writing them off all season long and they were still 1 series away from being a SB team, again.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:30 PM 05-15-2022
Does anyone else think it’s a good thing that Veach isn’t totally transparent?

Would it be a good thing if he said he was going to attack the DL and then every team knew that was our priority in free agency and the draft and planned accordingly?

Would it be a good thing if Veach was allegedly never going to draft a corner high because he could always find value in the later rounds and every team knew that and planned accordingly?

Did any team think we were taking McDuffie when we traded up? Absolutely not. Isn’t that a good thing?

Zig and zag while so many of you are left in the dust sobbing. It may or may not work but the guy isn’t exactly operating in haphazard fashion without purpose.
[Reply]
-King- 08:31 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We literally used a first round pick to help fortify a DL that already employs an all-pro type player. What else, exactly, were you expecting?
Idk, using the free agency to ensure that Frank Clark isn't a fucking starter?

We went from wanting this guy cut to now potentially starting him and having us cost even more money in the future. Call me crazy, but those are two things I'm very much against.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:33 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
When you have the best QB in the NFL, every season is a SB contending season.

Come on now :-)

Everyone was writing them off all season long and they were still 1 series away from being a SB team, again.
Not really.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:33 PM 05-15-2022
Carlos Dunlap is 33 years old like Ingram and managed to get 8.5 sacks last season. So the suggestion that there isn't any decent DE's out there is bs.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 35
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up