ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Caribbean Vacations
Bowser 09:47 AM 05-15-2022
So, the kid and I have decided to hit up a beach vacay next summer ('23). Beach getaways were a pretty regular thing while she was growing up, and it will have been five years since we've done one next summer. We had decided we were going to hit up an active retreat in Utah complete with spa treatments and all that stuff, right up until I went to Mexico a few months back and sent her pics of the beach I was at which brought her to the decision that Utah can wait because she missed the beach so much. With that agreement out of the way, we have to decide WHICH beach to go enjoy. We both want to discover somewhere new, so that rules out Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas, and the Dominican. I was eyeballing Aruba, one of the Saint islands (Lucia, Kitt, Maarten, Thomas), the Caymans, or maybe the Virgin Islands. All of these sound pricey on the surface, so I would love to hear some advice and stories of where you've traveled to go with the good and bad of the places!
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 05-15-2022
NB4 a hundred Belize references. Lol
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:59 AM 05-15-2022
Staycation + Oceans of Fun!! That way you can buy a bunch of four loko for you and the kid!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:59 AM 05-15-2022
I hear St Petersburg has the best beaches in the world. Fly to the Caribbean and then go there instead.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:59 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
NB4 a hundred Belize references. Lol
damn....now I 've got nothing
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:00 AM 05-15-2022
seriously though - I'd recommend Sandals Regency at St. Lucia.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I hear St Petersburg has the best beaches in the world. Fly to the Caribbean and then go there instead.
So, fly into Nassau just to turn around and go to Clearwater?? Lol

I have a few friends that swear by that area and go there regularly. The last time I was on a beach in Florida she was like 5. I'll definitely look into it.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:11 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
seriously though - I'd recommend Sandals Regency at St. Lucia.
We're well versed with Sandals/Beaches and I've been eyeballing that specific Sandals property. I've heard the place is amazing, it's a strong contender.
[Reply]
Donger 10:15 AM 05-15-2022
USVI. If you stay in St. Thomas, get a place on the Peterborg peninsula overlooking Megan's Bay. Make sure you take the ferry over to St. John at least once (or just stay there). Visit the beaches on the north side. They are the best in the world in my opinion.

I've been to the Cayman Islands three times, and while I like it, it's so damn flat that it bothers me. Feels like Florida.
[Reply]
scho63 10:19 AM 05-15-2022
Need more info....

1. How old is kid?
2. Boy or girl?
3. What are some water activities you like? Scuba, snorkel, water skiing, jet skiing, kayaking, paddle boarding, parasailing?
4. Are you two adventurous? Zip lining, hiking?
5. Can you handle a lot of sun?
6. Golfers?
7. Like local art, food and activities?
8. Budget level? Low, medium, high?
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Donger:
USVI. If you stay in St. Thomas, get a place on the Peterborg peninsula overlooking Megan's Bay. Make sure you take the ferry over to St. John at least once (or just stay there). Visit the beaches on the north side. They are the best in the world in my opinion.

I've been to the Cayman Islands three times, and while I like it, it's so damn flat that it bothers me. Feels like Florida.
Have you ever done Turks and Caicos? I've never seen sand so white or water so blue quite like T&C. If you have and think the beaches in USVI are better, I'll definitely be interested (not that I'm not already).
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:22 AM 05-15-2022
Be careful. I heard there are Pirates in the Caribbean.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:22 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Need more info....

1. How old is kid?
2. Boy or girl?
3. What are some water activities you like? Scuba, snorkel, water skiing, jet skiing, kayaking, paddle boarding, parasailing?
4. Are you two adventurous? Zip lining, hiking?
5. Can you handle a lot of sun?
6. Golfers?
7. Like local art, food and activities?
8. Budget level? Low, medium, high?
1 - 26
2 - daughter
3 - all the above, but we're not scuba certified (yet)
4 - hiking yes, not sure she would be up for zip lining (I am)
5 - she can, but I'm damn near magnesium white lol
6 - I am, she's not
7 - yes
8 - likely medium-ish, but can adjust
[Reply]
Bowser 10:24 AM 05-15-2022
*forgot to say in OP that we've done Turks and Caicos (thanks for reminding me, Donger. Lol)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:29 AM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Staycation + Oceans of Fun!! That way you can buy a bunch of four loko for you and the kid!
https://www.guestreservations.com/ho...532c49d9179e00

[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up