ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****UDFA Thread**** still work to be done!
chiefforlife 05:15 PM 04-30-2022
More to come...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:01 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hey! Alright, one of my guys!

He has legit potential to make the team, at min he can play special teams as a returner.

Love this pick up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-V49pr8xq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB5S8mAgSto
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:09 AM 05-01-2022
Let's go Veach!

Twitter reacts to Justyn Ross going undrafted:
https://www.yahoo.com/now/twitter-re...001503762.html
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:01 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hope we sign Ryan Van Dermark, OT
The Colts gave tackle Ryan Van Demark $175,000 guaranteed.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...ng-bonus-175k/
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
The Colts gave tackle Ryan Van Demark $175,000 guaranteed.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/...ng-bonus-175k/
Damn. Good for him though. They can use OTs.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:22 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
LMFAO!!!! What kind of name is “Diego”???
Didn’t Dora the Explorer have a brother named Diego?
[Reply]
Redbled 02:33 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Didn’t Dora the Explorer have a brother named Diego?
Think cousin but been a spell since my kids watched it.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:41 PM 05-01-2022
Ross's RAS score is also 2.64, that didn't help.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:45 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ross's RAS score is also 2.64, that didn't help.
Ouch!

I heard he was considered a TOP WR in 2019? How?

This makes no sense. How could a guy go from stud (people say he was better than T Higgins) to such a Dud?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:50 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Ouch!

I heard he was considered a TOP WR in 2019? How?

This makes no sense. How could a guy go from stud (people say he was better than T Higgins) to such a Dud?
He was 18 when he was dominant, he basically spent 2 years being hurt. He had a spinal issue he was born with, surgery, missed the entire year. This past year he had a stress fracture in his foot, played with it.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:18 PM 05-01-2022
Found a list if chiefforlife wants to put it in the OP

invitations: Ole Miss running back Jerrion Ealy signed a contract with the Chiefs, his school announced. The 5-foot-8, 189-pound Ealy totaled 768 yards and five touchdowns in 2021.

Quá Brown, a Southern Illinois defensive back, confirmed he was invited to the Chiefs rookie minicamp. The 5-11, 206-pound Brown was voted the Salukis' defensive player of the year.

Northwestern State wide receiver Kendrick Price confirmed he was invited to the Chiefs rookie minicamp. He is a 6-1, 205 pound native of Lindale, Texas. Kent State quarterback

Dustin Crum will sign with the Chiefs, per WKYC-TV anchor Nick Camino. Crum is 6-3, 207 pounds. He completed 244 of 381 passes for 3,187 yards with 20 touchdown throws and six interceptions.

Hawaii offensive lineman Gene Pryor will be joining the Chiefs, The Star has learned. Pryor, who is 6-3 and 310 pounds, started eight games at right tackle last season.

Iowa State tweeted that linebacker Mike Rose signed with the Chiefs. Last season, Rose was one of four finalists for the Lombardi Award, which is given to the nation’s best lineman or linebacker. Rose was the 2020 Big 12 defensive player of the year.

Former Virginia running back Devin Darrington has been invited to the Chiefs’ rookie minicamp, NFL reporter Matt Lombardo tweeted. Darrington, who goes 5-9 and 205 pounds, joined the Cavaliers after graduating from Harvard.

Maryland running back Tayon Fleet-Davis will be joining the Chiefs, the school’s football program tweeted. As a redshirt senior last fall, Fleet-Davis was the Terrapins’ leader with 128 carries for 721 yards (5.6 ypc) and eight touchdowns. He also caught 32 passes for 305 yards and a receiving touchdown.

Former South Dakota linebacker Jack Cochrane is signing with the Chiefs, the school’s football program tweeted.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:40 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Let's go Veach!

Twitter reacts to Justyn Ross going undrafted:
https://www.yahoo.com/now/twitter-re...001503762.html
It really has to do with KFS and absolutely nothing else. Teams aren't scared he ran shitty. His on-field far trumps that. They are scared they'll be the team to give him a shot and he sustains what should be a minor neck injury but it ends up way worse because of his condition and you're talking about a paralyzed or dead player out there.

It's a tough one. I want to see the kid get a shot, no doubt. I just don't know if a team will take it. I look at it like this though, teams have given players a shot with past heart conditions so why not this guy? A guy could get paralyzed on just about any NFL play so I'm not sure KFS makes it significantly more likely. Then again, maybe it does... I'm not a doctor.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 06:22 PM 05-01-2022
Nasir Greer. 6'0", 205 lbs. DB Wake Forest University. Go Deacs!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:10 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
It really has to do with KFS and absolutely nothing else. Teams aren't scared he ran shitty. His on-field far trumps that. They are scared they'll be the team to give him a shot and he sustains what should be a minor neck injury but it ends up way worse because of his condition and you're talking about a paralyzed or dead player out there.

It's a tough one. I want to see the kid get a shot, no doubt. I just don't know if a team will take it. I look at it like this though, teams have given players a shot with past heart conditions so why not this guy? A guy could get paralyzed on just about any NFL play so I'm not sure KFS makes it significantly more likely. Then again, maybe it does... I'm not a doctor.
Didn't LB Clark have the same injury and get drafted this year?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:30 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Didn't LB Clark have the same injury and get drafted this year?
Not the same thing.

Clark had a cracked cervical vertebra and needed fusion but that's more of a one-and-done. Plus, NFL players experience this a lot more than the league lets on.

Justyn Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome which is a congenital defect where you have fused vertebrae from birth. According to my reading on it, if they have a traumatic impact, it could cause issues in the fusion area that's already usually deformed and compacted. They are more likely to have arthritis around the area early on and they are also more likely to develop spinal stenosis that will compress the spinal cord.

The difference, from what I can tell, is the already existing damages that are likely involved in the fusion area for Ross. While Clark will lose a bit of range of motion in his neck, he doesn't have pre-compacted spinal cord complications there and existing nerve damage, whereas it's very likely Ross does. He's probably as likely at this point to develop arthritis but the spinal stenosis may not be as much a factor.

I dunno, the NFL doctors get paid to look into this and it's very obvious they are very much not wanting to fuck with it. I mean, maybe he gets a shot from someone. If the dude wants to play, you'd think there'd be some type of legal waiver a team could have him sign but I don't know.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:38 PM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not the same thing.

Clark had a cracked cervical vertebra and needed fusion but that's more of a one-and-done. Plus, NFL players experience this a lot more than the league lets on.

Justyn Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome which is a congenital defect where you have fused vertebrae from birth. According to my reading on it, if they have a traumatic impact, it could cause issues in the fusion area that's already usually deformed and compacted. They are more likely to have arthritis around the area early on and they are also more likely to develop spinal stenosis that will compress the spinal cord.

The difference, from what I can tell, is the already existing damages that are likely involved in the fusion area for Ross. While Clark will lose a bit of range of motion in his neck, he doesn't have pre-compacted spinal cord complications there and existing nerve damage, whereas it's very likely Ross does. He's probably as likely at this point to develop arthritis but the spinal stenosis may not be as much a factor.

I dunno, the NFL doctors get paid to look into this and it's very obvious they are very much not wanting to **** with it. I mean, maybe he gets a shot from someone. If the dude wants to play, you'd think there'd be some type of legal waiver a team could have him sign but I don't know.
Invite him to camp and see how he looks in our WR Core, if he doesn't hold his own let him walk. No hard feelings.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up