ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2022 Draft Busts
BossChief 06:46 PM 04-26-2022
Who do you think is going to be a bust? Guys constantly projected to be first rounders but you think won’t make it as a difference maker in the NFL.

I’ll go first and I have 2.

Kyle Hamilton
Drake London

I think both guys face huge speed struggles in the NFL that end up being a fatal flaw.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:03 PM 04-27-2022
Came here to say Drake London also. When you watch his highlight real he's never open. Sure, he makes a lot of contested catches but will that translate with pro-DBs guarding him?

Also, I'm not hyped for George Karlaftis who doesn't seem to have the bend or speed to be an exciting addition to the pass rush but maybe he proves me wrong.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:11 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Came here to say Drake London also. When you watch his highlight real he's never open. Sure, he makes a lot of contested catches but will that translate with pro-DBs guarding him?

Also, I'm not hyped for George Karlaftis who doesn't seem to have the bend or speed to be an exciting addition to the pass rush but maybe he proves me wrong.

:-)
[Reply]
bigjosh 08:17 AM 04-28-2022
I dont get the Drake London hate.

Sure, he isnt going to burn the secondary on deep shots as well as hill, but the dude is a yac monster. He is open more than he gets credit for and alot of his “contested catches” are more because of shit qb play than his actual degree of being open.

He beats the fuck out of zone coverage and can overpower man coverage.

If he ends up with some shit ass team like the falcons he may struggle, but if he ends up in kc he will be a perennial pro bowler.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:01 AM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

Sure, he isnt going to burn the secondary on deep shots as well as hill, but the dude is a yac monster. He is open more than he gets credit for and alot of his “contested catches” are more because of shit qb play than his actual degree of being open.

He beats the **** out of zone coverage and can overpower man coverage.

If he ends up with some shit ass team like the falcons he may struggle, but if he ends up in kc he will be a perennial pro bowler.
I guess Justin Jefferson isn't open either.

Oh well, seems to work out.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:04 PM 04-28-2022

He beats the fuck out of zone coverage and can overpower man coverage.

He has YAC because he operates primarily from the slot and gets targeted on short throws. He doesn't operate outside, beat guys for a nice depth of target, then pile on YAC.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:09 PM 04-28-2022

He beats the **** out of zone coverage and can overpower man coverage.

Analytics bros.

They also told us last year how amazing JAGami Brown would be.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:16 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
:-)
What I mean is he doesn't seem to have a lot of separation to his game. He's more of a 50:50 guy IMO.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:13 PM 04-28-2022
My two guesses: Devonta Wyatt, Drake Jackson

Watch them become perennial pro-bowlers now...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:19 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
What I mean is he doesn't seem to have a lot of separation to his game. He's more of a 50:50 guy IMO.
No, he's not Hollywood who will cut, accelerate and be college open.

But lots of people don't like him either here.
[Reply]
bigjosh 02:22 PM 04-28-2022
Analytics bros.

Im going strictly off of an eye test. The kid can ball. He sons basically any db they put on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:32 PM 04-28-2022
Im going strictly off of an eye test. The kid can ball. He sons basically any db they put on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, its unfair.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:05 PM 04-28-2022
Analytics bros.

Yeah, I whiffed on that mofo hard, so far at least.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:27 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
We're ALL going to whiff.

hell, GM's with a division of scouts are going to whiff.

More than half of these 'sure fire first rounders' are going to bust.

it's still fun. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:11 PM 04-28-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
If you just had him as a guy in the 2nd, OK.

Chris Simms put him ahead of Waddle.

That's bad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:04 PM 04-28-2022
There’s your first.

Falcons have visions of Julio Jones.

They got Mikhael Ricks.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up