ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Guess the Oddest 1st Round Picks
kccrow 06:26 PM 04-20-2022
Every year teams make you scratch your head and it changes the entire complexity of the first round and the draft as a whole.

What do you think happens this year?

Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson at #1?
Drake London to Detroit at #2?

I'd love to get your takes on who and why.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:42 PM 04-20-2022
Christian Watson top 20 would be wild if someone falls in love.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:08 PM 04-20-2022
I can see a guy like Frere possibly flying into the first round. It only takes one GM to have the need and fall in love with his skill set. That’s probably over a full round higher than I’ve seen anyone take him in mocks, but he has the tools that can be coached into a long term high quality starter with plus athleticism.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:14 PM 04-20-2022
Treylon Burks in the top 10. You know someone is in love with his size and catch radius.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:29 PM 04-20-2022
Any QB taken in the top 15
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:45 PM 04-20-2022
Breece Hall
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:57 PM 04-20-2022
Better game is guessing the team that will reach or make head scratchers.

My guess is the Raiders and Giants will make a WTF pick.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:42 PM 04-20-2022
I think it'll be a WR at the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd that others have a tier or two below. Someone like Metchie, Tolbert, Austin or Pierce going higher than expected.
[Reply]
Wilson8 09:55 PM 04-20-2022
Las Vegas Raiders - Alex Leatherwood at 17...Wait...New Management but they still have a Mark Davis so they can do it again.

4.26 40-man, Tariq Woolen, CB, UTSA in the 1st round.

What? Raiders don't have a pick until the 3rd round.

I guess it will have to be the New York Giants that makes that move.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:31 AM 04-21-2022
I'd love to hear where you think the guys will go to/when with the players you listed.

For me:

Detroit takes WR Drake London at #2. WR and DE are their top priorities and we all know DE should take precedence, but we also know how Detroit operations which means they'll do the exact opposite of what they should.

Carolina takes DT Jordan Davis at #6. They need LT and QB but I'm thinking some teams trade up for Pickett and Willis. They'd have nearly their choice of LTs but I have the feeling Rhule foolishly continues building that defense... again.

Washington takes OC Tyler Linderbaum at #11. It's not odd, based on needs, as much as it would seem to be extremely early but Washington goes with putting pieces around and in front of Wentz.

New Orleans takes DL Logan Hall at #19. The Saints are always good for a relative reach on a high upside defensive lineman and Hall is exactly that. They've had a private meeting to boot.

Buffalo takes RB Bryce Hall at #25. Devin Singletary isn't the answer and this is a team that's better when they can threaten the run game but they haven't been able to establish it. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually traded up into the teens.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:24 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Breece Hall
Why would that be surprising?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:31 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd love to hear where you think the guys will go to/when with the players you listed.

For me:

Detroit takes WR Drake London at #2. WR and DE are their top priorities and we all know DE should take precedence, but we also know how Detroit operations which means they'll do the exact opposite of what they should.

Carolina takes DT Jordan Davis at #6. They need LT and QB but I'm thinking some teams trade up for Pickett and Willis. They'd have nearly their choice of LTs but I have the feeling Rhule foolishly continues building that defense... again.

Washington takes OC Tyler Linderbaum at #11. It's not odd, based on needs, as much as it would seem to be extremely early but Washington goes with putting pieces around and in front of Wentz.

New Orleans takes DL Logan Hall at #19. The Saints are always good for a relative reach on a high upside defensive lineman and Hall is exactly that. They've had a private meeting to boot.

Buffalo takes RB Bryce Hall at #25. Devin Singletary isn't the answer and this is a team that's better when they can threaten the run game but they haven't been able to establish it. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually traded up into the teens.

I'm also curious to see where Hall lands, saw him mocked to the Chiefs for the first time recently and honetly had never considered him.
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 AM 04-21-2022
Buffalo could go full Chiefs CEH and figure "it's the missing piece" and take a RB in the first round.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:39 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why would that be surprising?
I don't have a first round grade on any backs in this class but it still doesn't stop a random team for taking one in the first when they coulda done it a full round later.
[Reply]
Shoes 09:41 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Treylon Burks in the top 10. You know someone is in love with his size and catch radius.
Am I the only guy who sees Burks as Cordarelle Patterson 2.0?

Man I am hoping the Chiefs stay away.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up