ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Right Tackle
louie aguiar 07:41 PM 03-27-2022
Could the chiefs grab a RT with a premium pick (possibly second round)? Protecting Mahomes has to always be a priority. I don’t think we can count on Niang and OBJ will be playing on the franchise tag.

Niang's injury makes RT an underrated need for the #Chiefs (via @JMilTheHam) #ChiefsKingdom https://t.co/0KyV8IVA5a

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 27, 2022

[Reply]
Bowser 07:44 PM 03-27-2022
Sometime in the last couple of weeks I heard Tim Grunhard talking on local sports talk that they might take a look at Trey Smith out at right tackle. I'll admit that's something that never crossed my mind, but why would you think of moving a guy that can lock down one position for a decade for you to another position?
[Reply]
kccrow 12:44 AM 03-28-2022
Wylie and Christian are going to battle it out to start there. I give the edge to Wylie given his experience in the system, but Christian is fully capable of winning that job and may end up being the better play.

I don't think the Chiefs are going to be desperate to find one. If one falls in their laps in the 3rd or 4th that they like, I think they could definitely pull the trigger. I just don't find it to be a priority item right now though. If they draft a guy, it's definitely with eyes on 2023.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:00 AM 03-30-2022
If the Chiefs were going to spend a 2nd - 4th on a RT, who would you have your eye on?

I know they met with Deisch (6'7, 300 lbs) already from Arizona State? https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...L-ArizonaState

How about Faalele (6'9, 387 lbs) from Minnesota? https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...e-OL-Minnesota
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sometime in the last couple of weeks I heard Tim Grunhard talking on local sports talk that they might take a look at Trey Smith out at right tackle. I'll admit that's something that never crossed my mind, but why would you think of moving a guy that can lock down one position for a decade for you to another position?
You wouldn't.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:41 PM 04-16-2022
Any other RT's to watch in the draft?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:37 PM 04-16-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Any other RT's to watch in the draft?
Kellen Diesch-ASU would be a good pick late in the 3rd.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:55 PM 04-17-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Kellen Diesch-ASU would be a good pick late in the 3rd.
I do like him.

I really like Abraham Lucas even more! Pass blocking machine! Would start day one. Actually either one of those guys would.

Yes please!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:43 AM 04-18-2022
I'd prefer to spend a 3rd-4th on a RT > a TE.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:31 PM 04-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You wouldn't.
He did play a bit more than half a season at LT the year they found blood clots in his lungs. He has the length and athleticism to do it. I don't see why trying it is out of the realm of possibility. If he's capable, it's alot easier to find another RG. If he cant' hack it, he's already looking like a perennial All-Pro at RG.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:34 PM 04-18-2022
I still like Penning if he falls to 29 or 30, but he probably won't.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:10 PM 04-21-2022
Assuming they are there at the following picks: Quick Y/N poll for the group

Tyler Penning at 29/30?
Tyler Smith at 62?
Daniel Faalele at 94?
Braxton Jones at 121?
[Reply]
Dawson 03:35 AM 04-22-2022
Daniel Faalele or Deisch in the 3rd. Plug and play on the right side.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:21 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:

Tyler Penning at 29/30?
Tyler Smith at 62?
Daniel Faalele at 94? Y
Braxton Jones at 121?
Not familiar with these other 3
[Reply]
kccrow 06:58 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:

Tyler Penning at 29/30?
Tyler Smith at 62?
Daniel Faalele at 94?
Braxton Jones at 121?
Assuming they are there? Because the likelihood is nil on the first two?

Penning is a top 20 pick all day long and you can bet your ass I'd take him at 29. No flinching, just a straight run to the podium.

There's a solid chance Smith could sneak into the back end of round 1, at 62 it's pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Faalele is a definite no from me even if the value is strong at 94. He's just not the type of tackle this team needs.

Jones at 121 is an absolute yes from me and the most likely to actually be there at that spot IMO. I want Jones and if the Chiefs don't trade one of their thirds, would probably reach a bit to ensure I got him at 103.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up