ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Skyy Moore
Titty Meat 07:52 PM 03-23-2022
The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:30 AM 04-22-2022
I just see a third option possession receiver here.

There are no elite traits. I see a guy that might move the chains some as defenses are occupied with more elite talents, but I don't see a guy that's a problem in and of himself.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:38 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I wouldn't be pissed but I wouldn't be happy if they take him in the first
I'd be awfully pissed.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just see a third option possession receiver here.

There are no elite traits. I see a guy that might move the chains some as defenses are occupied with more elite talents, but I don't see a guy that's a problem in and of himself.
This is why.

There's nothing standout about Moore. He was a third round prospect for most (and not even an early 3rd rounder at that) a mere month ago. Nothing's changed. His 40 time wasn't anything that was unexpected and if anything his disappointing 3-cone time should've hurt him.

Instead the WRs have pushed up the draft board as the market went crazy in FA and then dried out altogether.

He didn't become a better player - it's just that the perceived value of the position in the draft got bigger.

Chasing the dragon here is NOT what we want to be doing. Moore in the first would be a pure desperation play and Veach allowing external factors to influence his draft board. That just shouldn't be how you conduct the draft. If the Chiefs take Moore I do not believe it will be because they think he's a potentially standout player. It will be because they're overreacting to the market outside the draft.

It will be a really bad sign as to our draft philosophy, IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:40 AM 04-22-2022
Yeah I’m a fan of this kid and would be pissed if we draft him in the first rd. 50 would be fine
[Reply]
O.city 08:51 AM 04-22-2022
Yeah, I'd not take him at 50 either. There's a guy like him in every draft it seems.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, I'd not take him at 50 either. There's a guy like him in every draft it seems.
That's why its almost difficult to pick a sort of 'bottom 10%' outcome player for him. Or hell, even a middle of the bell curve guy.

Because he's SUPER fungible. There are literally hundreds of guys to choose from and for that bottom quartile, you haven't heard of any of them because they just never amounted to dick.

I think Coutee as the middle of his bell curve is actually pretty damn fair. Coutee was just as productive in college, athletically extremely similar and very similar in build and playing style.

And the guy was a 4th round pick. He went after Dorian O'Daniel, FFS.

And I can't even squint and figure out what makes Moore a better prospect than Coutee was. It's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

I just don't get it. I think this is maybe a 3rd round player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude had 1,200 yards and 10 TDs. He led the FBS with 26 broken tackles. You’re talking like he wasn’t productive, when he was pretty dominant at that level.

I don’t think he’s a high upside guy, but he’s got a very high floor, and fits the offense.

I think he’s a Tyler Lockett caliber player, which is great on a rookie deal.

Again, I personally wouldn’t take him before 50 though.
3rd time you referenced that in this thread and at his size I simply don't see it as a translatable skill-set.

The guy breaks tackles in the FBS because of the competition he was playing. This guy wasn't running through Power 5 defensive backs and linebackers out there. He was shucking off dudes from Akron and Eastern Michigan.

Breaking a tackle in the MAC just isn't the same thing as doing it with NFL caliber speed/strength chasing you. And Moore sure looks maxed out physically so the guy's he's going against will be stronger and more athletic while he'll be the same guy.

Again, if I'm taking someone from a mid-major, what possible reason would I have to take Moore over even Jalen Tolbert who's bigger, more athletic and was more productive against the same level of competition?

I just cannot for the life of me understand what makes this guy stand out. Why would we EVER take him ahead of someone like Metchie who was dominant against the highest levels of competition over a couple of seasons? And yet Metchie is suddenly an afterthought while Moore is getting first round buzz?

I'm just not buying it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:25 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
3rd time you referenced that in this thread and at his size I simply don't see it as a translatable skill-set.

The guy breaks tackles in the FBS because of the competition he was playing. This guy wasn't running through Power 5 defensive backs and linebackers out there. He was shucking off dudes from Akron and Eastern Michigan.

Breaking a tackle in the MAC just isn't the same thing as doing it with NFL caliber speed/strength chasing you. And Moore sure looks maxed out physically so the guy's he's going against will be stronger and more athletic while he'll be the same guy.

Again, if I'm taking someone from a mid-major, what possible reason would I have to take Moore over even Jalen Tolbert who's bigger, more athletic and was more productive against the same level of competition?

I just cannot for the life of me understand what makes this guy stand out. Why would we EVER take him ahead of someone like Metchie who was dominant against the highest levels of competition over a couple of seasons? And yet Metchie is suddenly an afterthought while Moore is getting first round buzz?

I'm just not buying it.
I keep referencing that because it’s a relevant statistic for a guy his size.

Again, it tells me he can play probably play through contact. That’s the biggest takeaway, not that he’s going to be breaking tackles at that rate at the NFL level.

I don’t love the guy, not even at 50, but I think many of you are being way too harsh. Agree to disagree though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 04-22-2022
I keep referencing that because it’s a relevant statistic for a guy his size.

Again, it tells me he can play probably play through contact. That’s the biggest takeaway, not that he’s going to be breaking tackles at that rate at the NFL level.

I don’t love the guy, not even at 50, but I think many of you are being way too harsh. Agree to disagree though.
So if we're sitting at 62, haven't taken a WR yet and Moore and Tolbert are sitting there as the consensus best wideout options left, what's your call?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 AM 04-22-2022
So if we're sitting at 62, haven't taken a WR yet and Moore and Tolbert are sitting there as the consensus best wideout options left, what's your call?
Tolbert every single time.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 04-22-2022
I’d go with Tolbert, but I don’t suspect the Chiefs would.

And I think they’re much closer than you do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 04-22-2022
I’d go with Tolbert, but I don’t suspect the Chiefs would.

And I think they’re much closer than you do.
I don't actually think they're that far apart.

I think they're both guys I'd probably start to consider good values in the 3rd. And either could be (depending on the board) justifiable decisions with the late 2nd.

But I prefer Tolbert in that scenario as well. I think you trade a little bit of floor but get a fair amount more ceiling.

Like I said a few posts back - I don't actually think we're terribly far apart. I just kinda feel like you're bracing yourself for bad news and are trying to talk yourself into a pick you think has a good chance of happening.

I'm hopeful that it won't and am trusting Veach not to make that mistake.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:57 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Tolbert every single time.
Agreed. And I'd have Watson over him (I think) as well. I mean at that point we're talking about, what, my 9th favorite WR prospect? Something like that anyway. Hell, as I start to run through names, he probably doesn't crack my top 10.

Wilson
Williams
Olave
Burks
London
Metchie
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Austin
Watson
Pierce
Moore

That's all the way down at 13 (and yes, I recognize I'm probably the high man on Austin; just love that stop/start ability). And I see him far closer to guys being viewed as 3rd day possibilities like Wan'Dale Robinson, Romeo Doubs and Khalil Shakir than I do the first round guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 04-22-2022
I don't actually think they're that far apart.

I think they're both guys I'd probably start to consider good values in the 3rd. And either could be (depending on the board) justifiable decisions with the late 2nd.

But I prefer Tolbert in that scenario as well. I think you trade a little bit of floor but get a fair amount more ceiling.

Like I said a few posts back - I don't actually think we're terribly far apart. I just kinda feel like you're bracing yourself for bad news and are trying to talk yourself into a pick you think has a good chance of happening.

I'm hopeful that it won't and am trusting Veach not to make that mistake.
Oh I’ve already said that it would be an underwhelming pick, but it’s one I would understand, and I absolutely think he would exceed our expectations.

The problem is there just isn’t a lot of tape on these guys. I’m not nearly as confident in my evaluation based on a highlight reel and a game or two.

He’s clearly one of those guys that those who have more tape on him are higher on.

And when you combine his age with how little time he’s had at the position, route running, ball skills, etc. I can see why.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:49 AM 04-23-2022
Agreed. And I'd have Watson over him (I think) as well. I mean at that point we're talking about, what, my 9th favorite WR prospect? Something like that anyway. Hell, as I start to run through names, he probably doesn't crack my top 10.

Wilson
Williams
Olave
Burks
London
Metchie
Dotson
Pickens
Tolbert
Austin
Watson
Pierce
Moore

That's all the way down at 13 (and yes, I recognize I'm probably the high man on Austin; just love that stop/start ability). And I see him far closer to guys being viewed as 3rd day possibilities like Wan'Dale Robinson, Romeo Doubs and Khalil Shakir than I do the first round guys.
I would MOSTLY agree with your rankings, other than I'd have Pierce, Watson, and Pickens all together and right in front of Metchie.

and I do not understand why anyone thinks Drake London is such a great prospect. I think he's got BUST written all over him. Big, slow, plodding WR's that don't separate don't get me excited.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 08:16 AM 04-23-2022
I mostly agree as well. The WRs I would love the Chiefs to draft.

Jameson Williams
Treylon Burks
George Pickens
Christian Watson
Pierce

I dont care where any of these guys were drafted, I want one or even two!

Only because DJ has pounded the table so hard, Id be ok with Austin somewhere as well.

Id take any of the top guys except:

Drake London - NO
Metchie = NO
Dotson = NO
Moore = NO
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up