ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Skyy Moore
Titty Meat 07:52 PM 03-23-2022
The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 03-30-2022
Is this another of those "talk ourselves into this guy in the 1st" threads?

Because this guy ain't a first round talent.

If he's the best WR on your board there - don't take a WR. And if it means someone ELSE reaches on him instead, so be it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:49 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think Skyy could end up the best WR in this draft class and a sleeper pick at 29/30.
Did Garrett Wilson die?

Moreover, what has this guy EVER done better than Chris Olave?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
Hypothetically, if small school guys Watson and Moore are there at 50, hands down for me it’s Watson. Moore is fast straight-line (4.41) but his issue is his 3 cone, shuttle and height were all “very poor”.
At least he makes up for it with a poor vertical.

I don't get this at all. I wouldn't take this dude in the 2nd, let alone the freakin' first.

I'd take Calvin Austin over Moore 100 times out of 100.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this guy is a legitimate target for the Chiefs in the 1st and in all likelihood not even the 2nd.
[Reply]
Toad 02:16 PM 03-30-2022
I’m there as well.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:32 PM 03-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I don't get this at all. I wouldn't take this dude in the 2nd, let alone the freakin' first.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest this guy is a legitimate target for the Chiefs in the 1st and in all likelihood not even the 2nd.
...he's not 5" 7" is probably the starting point. I like Austin, but he's a midget. I could absolutely see Moore being a bust, but he's got excellent hands, is pretty shifty, runs diverse routes well. Austin could be excellent, or like pretty much everyone at that size he could be pressed to death and do nothing. Ceiling might be higher but I don't know how many teams take that chance.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:35 PM 03-31-2022
Did Garrett Wilson die?

Moreover, what has this guy EVER done better than Chris Olave?
The difference in true opportunities is vastly different between the 2.

I may end up losing this one, but I watched some videos of Skyy and he was separating on every route ran and seems very effective with the ball in his hands, as well.

There isn’t a ton of info on him though, so maybe I’ve been duped by small sample sizes of videos. I trust my eyes too much sometimes.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 PM 04-20-2022
I feel like this guy gets way too much disrespect on here.

He’s only been playing the position for a couple years, and he’s already a very good route runner at just 21 years old. That’s pretty much unheard of. Guys that are new to the position are almost always below average route runners.

He can also go up and get it at 5’10” 195lbs.

Dude also led the FBS with 26 broken tackles in 2021. He can play through contact for a smaller guy.

There are certainly guys I prefer over him like Pickens, but I don’t think he would be a terrible pick in the 1st, and he would be an excellent pick if he somehow fell to 50.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:55 PM 04-20-2022
I think it's more that this class is just so fucking deep. In a normal draft, this guy is a first round discussion.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:15 AM 04-21-2022
I think people are craving that "number 1 receiver" upside, which he doesn't have? But I agree, think he will be a good NFL receiver
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:43 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

He’s only been playing the position for a couple years, and he’s already a very good route runner at just 21 years old. That’s pretty much unheard of. Guys that are new to the position are almost always below average route runners.

Dude also led the FBS with 26 broken tackles in 2021. He can play through contact for a smaller guy.

There are certainly guys I prefer over him like Pickens, but I don’t think he would be a terrible pick in the 1st, and he would be an excellent pick if he somehow fell to 50.

I would take Moore at 50. When I watch him, I see Julian Edelman. I wouldn't want to spend a first on Edelman, but I can see why some teams would.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:47 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I would take Moore at 50. When I watch him, I see Julian Edelman. I wouldn't want to spend a first on Edelman, but I can see why some teams would.
I see Golden Tate, and if you get the Tate that played in Detroit then you have a fine WR.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:00 AM 04-21-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I see Golden Tate, and if you get the Tate that played in Detroit then you have a fine WR.
I could see that too. The problem to me is projecting his productivity against nfl level competition when the only thing that we can watch is smaller time. Also his QB was exceptional at their level. Tough to project what he will do. If I am going to take risk on projecting someone, I may as well take a higher upside players. I am just not first round high on him.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:15 AM 04-21-2022

I agree, I don't think his ceiling is that high, and I'm not sure he's entirely bust-proof either - but he's in that group it's hard to see not adding value. I get the argument there's nothing he does exceptionally well, apart from possibly his hands, but there's nothing he does poorly imo. Good separator, pretty quick, excellent hands, good YAC. Is he a R1? Maybe not, but is it an egregious pick there if the top 5 or 6 are gone and there's no obvious DE or CB left, probably not.

It's the back end of the first, you might get a top talent, you might get a R2 talent. I think he's definitely the latter at least
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:02 AM 04-21-2022
Nah, he’s likely gone before pick 50 IMO.

Maybe a little early, but if they won’t be there at your next pick, it’s not a reach.
In the mock drafts Ive been in, he's always gone by pick 50, but it could depend on who's draft simulator you are running? Id love to get him at 50. I agree with the earlier comment comparing him to Edelman, thats probably his topside, but thats not bad. Id like to have Pickens at 30 and Moore later, but never happens in my mocks.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:50 AM 04-21-2022

This. Was watching him more closely last night, and imo, this is a 3rd round WR. Calvin Austin over Skyy Moore everyday and twice on Sunday.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up