ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Herniated disc in neck...
penguinz 08:14 PM 03-02-2022
Anyone ever have to deal with this?

Causing nerve to get pinched and left arm is all but paralyzed and throbbing with insane amount of pain.

Already getting atrophied. Over an inch in circumference lost already.

MRI tomorrow and hopefully surgery or something to fix soon.
[Reply]
penguinz 06:18 PM 03-08-2022
Also, I started getting numbness and weakness in the other a today. ��
[Reply]
penguinz 01:29 PM 03-10-2022
So getting epidural. If no improvement after a couple of weeks then the M6-C disc replacement.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:51 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So getting epidural. If no improvement after a couple of weeks then the M6-C disc replacement.
OMG fuck epidurals. I hope it works for you but 3 of those fuckers didn't do me any good for my low lumbar. I ended up having surgery and that was the only remedy for my broken spine sitting on a nerve. Fuck the doctor that made me wait 8 months of agony before sending me to surgeon after five trips to ER because I couldn't handle the pain. He told me i had to do the epidurals before I could consult a surgeon. Surgeon looked at me and had me in surgery in two days and said I could have severed a nerve if I stepped just wrong.

I feel for you but fuck epidurals. I'm just speaking for myself if they work on others great.
[Reply]
Reroka 01:53 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
OMG **** epidurals. I hope it works for you but 3 of those ****ers didn't do me any good for my low lumbar. I ended up having surgery and that was the only remedy for my broken spine sitting on a nerve. **** the doctor that made me wait 8 months of agony before sending me to surgeon after five trips to ER because I couldn't handle the pain. He told me i had to do the epidurals before I could consult a surgeon. Surgeon looked at me and had me in surgery in two days and said I could have severed a nerve if I stepped just wrong.

I feel for you but **** epidurals. I'm just speaking for myself if they work on others great.
This for weed till you can get some good pain killers.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:10 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
OMG **** epidurals. I hope it works for you but 3 of those ****ers didn't do me any good for my low lumbar. I ended up having surgery and that was the only remedy for my broken spine sitting on a nerve. **** the doctor that made me wait 8 months of agony before sending me to surgeon after five trips to ER because I couldn't handle the pain. He told me i had to do the epidurals before I could consult a surgeon. Surgeon looked at me and had me in surgery in two days and said I could have severed a nerve if I stepped just wrong.

I feel for you but **** epidurals. I'm just speaking for myself if they work on others great.
I saw the actual surgeon today. She is only recommending the one epidural and if it shows no or not enough relief then straight to surgery.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:32 PM 03-10-2022
I've had 2 back surgery's, 3 discs removed and 4 vert. fused. My advice if you have a disc removed is pay attention to what you do from then on out. Because every disc above it will have to compensate for it's absence. You can end up back in the same boat a lot easier and faster.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:19 PM 03-10-2022
Jeez. Half of CP on the IR.

Get well soon pengz.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:18 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I've had 2 back surgery's, 3 discs removed and 4 vert. fused. My advice if you have a disc removed is pay attention to what you do from then on out. Because every disc above it will have to compensate for it's absence. You can end up back in the same boat a lot easier and faster.
No fusion but a replacement with the M6-C disc. It maintains full natural movement so none of the transfer to other discs.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:19 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Jeez. Half of CP on the IR.

Get well soon pengz.
Thanks rabble. I give you shit all the time but it is all just internet forum fun.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:21 PM 03-10-2022
Do you know what caused it?
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 06:41 PM 03-10-2022
This place never ceases to amaze me.

I am seeing the neuro surgeon for this same crap on Thursday next week followed by a nerve conduction study. MRI already done. C6C7 is my problem point.
[Reply]
penguinz 07:05 PM 03-10-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Do you know what caused it?
Been in a few car wrecks. Played soccer, goal keeper, at a high level through college and had lots of collisions with other players the ground and one time a goal post.

Lots of other stupid shit kids did in the 80s that should have probably killed us...

Nothing recent I can think of.
[Reply]
Wallymo 09:04 AM 03-11-2022
Best of luck to you! Please let us know how it goes.

I'm 50, and recently had an MRI. I have multiple bulging discs and arthritis in my neck. I'm in a fair amount of pain down to my left elbow. Getting my first epidural in two weeks. Does anyone know if an epidural helps with the arthritis element? I would like to put off surgery for as long as possible.
[Reply]
golfindude 12:15 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
This place never ceases to amaze me.

I am seeing the neuro surgeon for this same crap on Thursday next week followed by a nerve conduction study. MRI already done. C6C7 is my problem point.
Mike, I had neck fusion 5/2018 in Springfield, Mo. Dr Strang did the surgery.
His diagnosis:
The cervical myelogram done 04/26/2018 confirms the MRI findings. He does have significant stenosis and some foraminal stenosis at C4-5 and C5-6 with less significant stenosis at C6-7. I would recommend proceeding with C4-6 ACDF. I do not feel that C6-7 requires treatment at this time. Although, we discussed that it could at some point
in the future.
I had pain across shoulders, right arm numbness. They said a hard fall could paralyze me. released for activity June 20, 2018. Went fishing. I still have some minor pain but golf 2/3 times a week. Hopefully can make it thru this summer and Probably check into having C6-7 done Jan 2023 .
Worst part was hearing my wife bitch at me whenever I turned my head further than she thought I should. lol Good luck
[Reply]
stonedstooge 12:32 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Best of luck to you! Please let us know how it goes.

I'm 50, and recently had an MRI. I have multiple bulging discs and arthritis in my neck. I'm in a fair amount of pain down to my left elbow. Getting my first epidural in two weeks. Does anyone know if an epidural helps with the arthritis element? I would like to put off surgery for as long as possible.
I've had several epidurals over the past 20 years with some helping greatly, and others not so much.

Concerning the arthritis, a good anti-inflammatory seems to help with the pain (I take Meloxicam). I ran out of it for 3 days last week, and immediately would wake up with pain in my spine and fingers. Once I got the script refilled, those pains disappeared within 2 days. Make sure and request an anti-inflammatory from your doctor. Made a world of difference in my case.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up