ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Herniated disc in neck...
penguinz 08:14 PM 03-02-2022
Anyone ever have to deal with this?

Causing nerve to get pinched and left arm is all but paralyzed and throbbing with insane amount of pain.

Already getting atrophied. Over an inch in circumference lost already.

MRI tomorrow and hopefully surgery or something to fix soon.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:22 PM 03-02-2022
My friend did.
He had to have surgery and they put metal somethings in his neck and he's been good for 6 years now.
I can get the names of the Dr's from him if you'd like?
He had lost 80 to 90% of his left arm as well.
[Reply]
Boom!714 08:24 PM 03-02-2022
yup, in my case my right arm was throbbing. had spinal fusion surgery in dec '17..pain was gone right after surgery.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:24 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Anyone ever have to deal with this?

Causing nerve to get pinched and left arm is all but paralyzed and throbbing with insane amount of pain.

Already getting atrophied. Over an inch in circumference lost already.

MRI tomorrow and hopefully surgery or something to fix soon.
I've known two people that have had the surgery and it has went very well. Sounds freaky, but they usually go through the front of the neck as it actually less intrusive. Good luck, back and neck pain sucks.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:27 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've known two people that have had the surgery and it has went very well. Sounds freaky, but they usually go through the front of the neck as it actually less intrusive. Good luck, back and neck pain sucks.
The pain is insane. Worse than when I had pancreatitis and not even close.
[Reply]
Boom!714 08:34 PM 03-02-2022
It sure is. I had to deal with it for a month and a half before I had surgery...it was a living hell. I feel for you, bro
[Reply]
penguinz 08:39 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Boom!714:
It sure is. I had to deal with it for a month and a half before I had surgery...it was a living hell. I feel for you, bro
I about two weeks in so far. If it goes another month I may go insane.
[Reply]
EPodolak 08:54 PM 03-02-2022
I about two weeks in so far. If it goes another month I may go insane.
Sounds like you have that herniation between C5-C6 or C7 that is common. Meantime you may get relief - sometimes full relief is possible - from an epidural cortizone injection. Check into it if you haven't. Best of luck to you.
[Reply]
SPchief 08:59 PM 03-02-2022
Had surgery last August. Same situation you're in. Like EPodolak says, probably between c6-c7 vertebrae. MRI will show it. They'll go in thru the front, pull out the disc, put in a cadaver disc and put some pins in a plate to fuse more than likely. Recovery isn't bad, first car trip after is a mind fuck.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:00 PM 03-02-2022
ouch

get better fast. Do what you need.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 09:06 PM 03-02-2022
Yep! In 2019. Only thing that cured it was surgery and I’ve been golden ever since. Cortisone, chiropractors, massage. None of it helped. I waited two months to see a surgeon. Huge mistake. The collar you wear for 12 weeks is a massive pain in the balls too. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Just trying to save you an extended period of time dealing with that neuropathy in your arm. It’s what hell is made of.

https://www.spine-health.com/treatme...omy-and-fusion
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:12 PM 03-02-2022
Please get it looked at; too many people have too much pride to help themselves
[Reply]
penguinz 09:28 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Please get it looked at; too many people have too much pride to help themselves
I already have. Just going through all the steps insurance makes you do. Started PT today. MRI tomorrow.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:39 PM 03-02-2022
Have you had a lot of prior injuries?
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:48 PM 03-02-2022
I already have. Just going through all the steps insurance makes you do. Started PT today. MRI tomorrow.
Best of luck brother 🙏
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up