ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hue Jackson Joins the Fun
comochiefsfan 01:18 PM 02-02-2022

Hue Jackson suggests he was paid extra for losses as Browns head coach. https://t.co/NZJv37PwkP

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 2, 2022

This is getting spicy.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:08 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by straycash:
Ye love big red, he need a quality life after football, but he love his players like they were his own
That's a scary thought.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:09 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
It’s really stupid that they risked killing the golden goose.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 06:10 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Anybody who bet on Dolphins or Browns games would have grounds to file a lawsuit. No?
Especially season ticket holders.
[Reply]
straycash 06:11 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's a scary thought.
Yes that didnt cum off right i admit, but these players arent full time I guess
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:11 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
No they don't. A ticket gives you the right to see a football game between team A and team B. That is all it grants you.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:13 PM 02-02-2022
"This is bigger than coaching...this is bigger than football."

I knew the NFL was ****ing up by rigging their games.
Of course they were fucking up by rigging their games.

Because no one, not a single fan wanted them to.

We all just want to watch fucking football being played at the absolute highest level. There was never any need to have any scripted bullshit put in. Legit football was always more than good enough.

I'm beyond done with a bunch of slimy ass billionaires ruining the game that we all love. Clean this mess up and just give us real football. It's not that complicated.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 06:15 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No they don't. A ticket gives you the right to see a football game between team A and team B. That is all it grants you.
Depends what promises were made by the coaches and front office to field the best team possible to win games.

Me, I like college football. But again, it depends on which conference because there are those where outcomes seem predetermined. The lesser conferences, like Conference USA, may be more amateurish but are also more fun to watch because it lacks big money.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:17 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
They can sue, but they will lose, just like the Jets fan who sued the NFL in 2010 because he bought season tickets, and the New England Patriots were caught cheating via the Spygate scandal.

The NFL basically had their lawyers argue to the Supreme Court that it's sports entertainment, there's no law against manipulating their onfield product ("for entertainment purposes only"), and that even if fans knew the product was "manipulated", they would still watch. Ultimately, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the NFL, and that the ticketholder's rights were to be entertained by whoever the NFL decided the New England Patriots and New York Jets were on those particular days in question. '

Basically, if they kick off the ballgame, then line up like fucking Lord of the Dance and start line-dancing at the 50, if the NFL says that's football and you're entertained, then that's what it is.

SO, yeah, there is zero legal recourse for anyone who has spent money on tickets, lodging, travel, food, accommodations, or gambling, even - you made your choice, your money is gone, you were entertained, the NFL thanks you for watching this presentation...
[Reply]
straycash 06:18 PM 02-02-2022
The people of power are the real victims
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:19 PM 02-02-2022

We all just want to watch fucking football being played at the absolute highest level. There was never any need to have any scripted bullshit put in. Legit football was always more than good enough.

I'm beyond done with a bunch of slimy ass billionaires ruining the game that we all love. Clean this mess up and just give us real football. It's not that complicated.
If they did it for High School football, they sure as shit did it for the pros with billions at stake. The real world needs Coach Yoast.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 02-02-2022
Stone cold fact.

And Team A and Team B are whoever the NFL says they are.

And the "football game" is whatever the NFL says it is.

The shit is worded in the antitrust that way for a reason.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:21 PM 02-02-2022
They can sue, but they will lose, just like the Jets fan who sued the NFL in 2010 because he bought season tickets, and the New England Patriots were caught cheating via the Spygate scandal.

The NFL basically had their lawyers argue to the Supreme Court that it's sports entertainment, there's no law against manipulating their onfield product ("for entertainment purposes only"), and that even if fans knew the product was "manipulated", they would still watch. Ultimately, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the NFL, and that the ticketholder's rights were to be entertained by whoever the NFL decided the New England Patriots and New York Jets were on those particular days in question. '

Basically, if they kick off the ballgame, then line up like ****ing Lord of the Dance and start line-dancing at the 50, if the NFL says that's football and you're entertained, then that's what it is.

SO, yeah, there is zero legal recourse for anyone who has spent money on tickets, lodging, travel, food, accommodations, or gambling, even - you made your choice, your money is gone, you were entertained, the NFL thanks you for watching this presentation...
Your drug addict mind can't get it through all your dead brain cells that were killed off that case never made it to the Supreme Court and they never said anything about it being entertainment.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:21 PM 02-02-2022

Facts. Would love it if it were...more pure.

Doesn't even have to be completely pure.

Just quit rigging - excuse me - "manipulating" the outcomes of games would be nice.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:21 PM 02-02-2022

That's not going to happen when you have only 32 people controlling the game. From that standpoint, it makes it perfect for the gambling/mafia people to have huge influence if they want. They only have to get their claws into 32 people. Not exactly public companies with a ton of shareholders, stock price, etc.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:26 PM 02-02-2022
Your drug addict mind can't get it through all your dead brain cells that were killed off that case never made it to the Supreme Court and they never said anything about it being entertainment.
Nah, I just usually ignore your posts when I see your avatar because you have never posted anything of signficance.

Yes, you are correct that he APPEALED to the US Supreme Court, but the tossed it. I guess it was the state appealate court that ruled the NFL could legally fix games and that fans can't do shit about it - my bad, dawg - you are 100% correct :

Originally Posted by :
He alleged the games were essentially rigged and raised a separate claim against the NFL for destroying the videotapes.

But the appeals court said ticket-holders possess only licenses or contractual rights to see games, and that it is up to the NFL to enforce its own rules if something goes amiss.

“We do not condone the conduct on the part of the Patriots and the team’s head coach, and we likewise refrain from assessing whether the NFL’s sanctions (and its alleged destruction of the videotapes themselves) were otherwise appropriate,” Judge Robert Cowen wrote for the court.

He said that, while unhappy fans can vent frustration by speaking out against the Patriots, Belichick or the league, or refusing to buy tickets or NFL merchandise, “the one thing they cannot do is bring a legal action in a court of law.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...64I6CG20100519

Thanks again - definitely need to know exactly which court said it's legal for the NFL to rig their own games. Important stuff there.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up