ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hue Jackson Joins the Fun
comochiefsfan 01:18 PM 02-02-2022

Hue Jackson suggests he was paid extra for losses as Browns head coach. https://t.co/NZJv37PwkP

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) February 2, 2022

This is getting spicy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 02-02-2022
I'm just gonna say this - man, if any of you are gonna say this shit publicly, you'd better have receipts.

I mean Flores lawyer managed to misstate the holding of one of the most well known cases in the history of American jurisprudence (Plessey). And the stuff they're saying here, this is defamation per se kinda stuff and when you're throwing darts a billion dollar entity, the damages they can claim will be staggering.

I mean damn, if this isn't documented and OBVIOUS, these guys should probably keep their mouths shut because they can absolutely get sued into the hinterlands.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:50 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm just gonna say this - man, if any of you are gonna say this shit publicly, you'd better have receipts.

I mean Flores lawyer managed to misstate the holding of one of the most well known cases in the history of American jurisprudence (Plessey). And the stuff they're saying here, this is defamation per se kinda stuff and when you're throwing darts a billion dollar entity, the damages they can claim will be staggering.

I mean damn, if this isn't documented and OBVIOUS, these guys should probably keep their mouths shut because they can absolutely get sued into the hinterlands.
And the NFL has deep enough pockets to make it happen for an indefinite amount of time.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:54 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Agree with you in terms of needing evidence to backup the claims. Would be hilarious if a coach recorded audio of an owner trying to bribe him to lose games.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:56 PM 02-02-2022
https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/...viMYr2zPZmsXkc

This has the potential to get really bad...
[Reply]
stevieray 04:59 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

NFL deserves it.

Money has corrupted the game ten fold.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:17 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:

"This is bigger than coaching...this is bigger than football."

I knew the NFL was fucking up by rigging their games.
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:28 PM 02-02-2022
At least Flores wasn’t actually dumb enough to take $$$ for losing games, but for Hue Jackson to openly admit to accepting $$$, he just dug himself into a world of trouble. Also, why would any head coach be dumb enough to do this anyway, when they get fired, their overall win/loss is always used as a reason why they are being let go. Hopefully the owners that openly did this get caught and punished severely.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:35 PM 02-02-2022
"throw for Eric Fisher"
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:47 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
At least Flores wasn’t actually dumb enough to take $$$ for losing games, but for Hue Jackson to openly admit to accepting $$$, he just dug himself into a world of trouble. Also, why would any head coach be dumb enough to do this anyway, when they get fired, their overall win/loss is always used as a reason why they are being let go. Hopefully the owners that openly did this get caught and punished severely.
They'll get punished just like managers in the WWE who "cheat" get "punished."

It's all for show. It's a TV show. If you play the game, you get fired, but you get a new job. Let's say, you get fired as the Head Coach in Anytown, USA. Dallas. Jerry Jones fires Mike McCarthy (it's gonna happen, if not this year, then next). Guys like Kellen Moore, Dan Quinn, Al Harris, Joe Philbin, John Fassel...these guys have been in the league, been around the league, had other jobs on other teams - Al Harris was DB coach here under Bob Sutton, iirc - they ill get new jobs. Maybe Kellen Moore or Dan Quinn gets promoted - Jerruh loves to promote from within - so they'll even get to retain most of their position coaches, so those people don't even have to pack up and move to Buffalo, or Indy, or wherever their kids get to stay in the same schools and they don't have to look for new houses - it happens.

SO this whole, "that doesn't makes sense, the coach that tanks will lose their job, etc" - maybe, maybe not. But even if you lose your job, your entire coaching staff will get recycled and rehired somewhere else within the NFL fraternity. It's the same with players, who just need another paycheck. They go to Detroit or New York. Jacksonville. Remember when Chicago brought Orlando Pace out to play LT, even though he could hardly fucking walk?

You NEVER truly get fired from the NFL - you just get to move from St. Louis to Chicago. From Miami to Indianapolis. That's all. Play the game the way THEY want it played, and you will be set for fucking life. Andy Reid was unemployed for like 2 days in his almost 30 year NFL career as an assistant and head coach. He plays the games the way THEY want them played. It's why the Eagles had a 7 minute drive in the 4th qtr of that Super Bowl against Brady even though they were down by two scores. Until Mahomes, Reid could make it look good. You could blame Alex Smith or Bob Sutton in 2018. But it seems like he always has these massive playoff collapses, no matter what :

Smith/Sutton : Indy, 2013
Smith/Sutton : Tits, 2017
Mahomes/Sutton : Pats, 2018 (I don't consider this one the "failure" some do, but ome blame Sutton and his defense for the loss, so...)
Mahomes/Spags : Bengals, 2021 - inexcusable. Absolutely the worst, most heartbreaking loss from the most talented Chiefs team on this list...

Reid is the common denominator. And, with the exception of the 2018 "Dee Ford" loss to the Pats, it's ALWAYS Reid's vaunted offense that goes cold as a hooker's heart as soon as the Chiefs roar out to a giant lead.
Colts
Tits
Bengals

It's Reid.

It's Reid.

I'm fucking telling you...
[Reply]
straycash 05:53 PM 02-02-2022
Reid knows you heard him say after a certain game he didnt want to get fined for speaking his mind, you can hear he wants out but its hard with a gun to his head. He might retire soon
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:56 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by straycash:
Reid knows you heard him say after a certain game he didnt want to get fined for speaking his mind, you can hear he wants out but its hard with a gun to his head. He might retire soon
It wouldn't surprise me if it happened real soon, like in the next few weeks.

Dude is haggard and his health doesn't look good. He hurts me when I watch him try to walk.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:05 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by stevieray:
NFL deserves it.

Money has corrupted the game ten fold.
It will continue getting worse now that there is an actual team in Las Vegas.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:05 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
"This is bigger than coaching...this is bigger than football."

I knew the NFL was fucking up by rigging their games.
It’s really stupid that they risked killing the golden goose.
[Reply]
straycash 06:06 PM 02-02-2022
Ye love big red, he need a quality life after football, but he love his players like they were his own
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:07 PM 02-02-2022
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
"throw for Eric Fisher"
This was uncalled for
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up