ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shows you enjoy watching now?
TripleThreat 12:55 AM 05-15-2021
My top picks that I’ve already watched

Game of thrones bar none. Can watch it 10x over and over

Breaking bad, solid series. Can’t watch it multiple times but is a perfect one and done series

Vikings, suprisingly good. People compared it to game of thrones. Lol not even close but a solid show when nothing else to watch

Black list, enjoyed the first season, takes a while to get back into it.

The 100. Great show actually. Not spectacular, but a perfect solid show that has a decent ending.

Walking dead - it’s the walking dead.

Currently watching

Cruel summer on Hulu. Believe it or not I’m actually enjoying this shit. I take a shot and grab some wine and I’m like damn babe, this isn’t bad!!

What other shows are you watching and what should I be watching?
[Reply]
stumppy 08:18 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
We've been watching Frasier reruns on Cozi. I'd really like to see then pick up WKRP in Cincinnati and Barney Miller.
If you can find a way to stream FETV, it has Barney Miller on every night.
[Reply]
oldman 08:29 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Apparently the reason you never see WKRP has to do with song royalties. That was a great show.
Booger!! :-):-):-)

I'd think those royalties would have been paid during the 1st run, but maybe Dane can set us straight on the ins and outs of that. I'm almost sure I saw episodes 10-15 years ago, including my favorite "Turkeys Away".
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:46 AM 05-16-2021
Forgot one. I've been watching the Equalizer reboot. I wasn't sure if I would like it or not. But, I always liked the original, so I gave it a shot. Queen Latifa makes a pretty good McCall. I'm going to have to find the original and stream it now though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:48 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
That show is so good. I've recommended it a few time in the Media Center. No one ever says anything.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I keep doing it as well and no one seems to have watched it.

It's REALLY good.
Looks like it's on Hulu, nothing going on today so I'm going to give it a shot. If it's some uber-woke "all white people are evil and forced the poor black folk to use crack to keep them down" shit I'm going to be very upset with you two.

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:58 AM 05-16-2021

I'd think those royalties would have been paid during the 1st run, but maybe Dane can set us straight on the ins and outs of that. I'm almost sure I saw episodes 10-15 years ago, including my favorite "Turkeys Away".
It's complicated and many of the reasons vary from show to show.

For example, some music is licensed for a set amount of time [WKRP had 10 years to use original music, then they switched out and put in generic tracks for syndication.]

Some music is only licensed for air
Some music is only licensed for videotape, but not associated with master film

The entire landscape of broadcast entertainment evolved rapidly involving a wider variety of recording and transfer media than you'd notice as a consumer, and licensing, particularly of ancillaries, didn't always keep up.

Some stuff that is cherished or nostalgic today, they didn't even think about rebroadcasting, let alone syndicating, or marketing for home ownership, or perpetual availability, or any of that.

Kind of like how it took a ton of work, and a bit of good fortune, to piece together 'most' of SB-I.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 AM 05-16-2021
Feel there was a Snowfall thread in the Media Center once upon a time. I've been watching it from the beginning (pounded the table for its return).

Seeing Teddy in a Royals hat is cool and of course I'm team Jerome living that speaker life.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:19 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Looks like it's on Hulu, nothing going on today so I'm going to give it a shot. If it's some uber-woke "all white people are evil and forced the poor black folk to use crack to keep them down" shit I'm going to be very upset with you two.

:-)
You’re so soft.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:21 AM 05-16-2021
Coming up soon, I'll be adding Yellowstone back to the list

Absolutely LOVE that show
[Reply]
Monty 01:59 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcrumb:
Coming up soon, I'll be adding Yellowstone back to the list

Absolutely LOVE that show
That’s my show, with Skinwaker Ranch in second. I really don’t have time for much else at this point.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:07 PM 05-16-2021
I quit watching TV shows years ago.
[Reply]
srvy 02:45 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Monty:
That’s my show, with Skinwaker Ranch in second. I really don’t have time for much else at this point.
I watched the first season Friday night and finished it up Saturday morning. Pretty good 1st season don't know how many are out but I plan to keep checking it out.

Yellowstone is just an amazingly great show.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:02 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I watched the first season Friday night and finished it up Saturday morning. Pretty good 1st season don't know how many are out but I plan to keep checking it out.
You've missed the first two episodes of season 2, watch both of them by 9 pm tuesday and you're all caught up
[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 05-16-2021
Thanks
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:39 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Apparently the reason you never see WKRP has to do with song royalties. That was a great show.

This is actually incorrect and has nothing to do with royalties. I did an internet search and as usual, the people posting and bitching have absolutely no clue about music publishing or copyright laws and zero understanding of music licensing.

Okay, so here's the deal: This isn't a royalty issue whatsoever. It's a music licensing issue.

When existing songs are placed in TV shows and movies, whether it's Aerosmith or Van Halen or DMX or Tiny Tim, the company producing the TV show or Feature Film is required to get permission for use. When a popular song is involved, the Music Publisher and Record Company all charge for licensing the songs with an upfront Sync Fee (For the publisher, 60% of the fee goes to the Songwriter(s) while the Record Company charges for the Use of the Master Recording. The cost of the Sync Fee (Synchronization) varies greatly on the popularity of the song to the actual product the song is being placed (Advertising, Internet Advertising, Big or Small Budget Feature Film and Big or Small Budget TV show, Sports, Regional Sports, Network Promo, Trailers, etc.).

In the case of WKRP, the production company had a 10 year license agreement for all of their placements throughout the series. Once that 10 year deal expired, it was up to the production company or owner to request licenses for another term. Apparently, licensing songs that originally appeared in the series back in the 80's was too expensive, so now, all of the music is missing and I guess in some cases, has been replaced with a "Sound-A-Like".

In many cases, these agreements are for one season only and need to be renewed each and every year, whereas other agreements are in Perpetuity. I can't specifically recall a popular song that was placed in WKRP but it's a good bet that the Record Company, Publishing Company, Artist and Composer/Songwriters didn't want to give their product away for free.

So, until the Production Company pays the the record companies and publishers for their music be licensed again for WKRP, the original music will be missing from all broadcasts.
[Reply]
eDave 03:49 PM 05-16-2021
Our man delivers.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up