ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:47 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Right. And is that ride really going to be worth anything with 4 sequels with a story that will most likely get even more lame?
What has James Cameron done in his career that could even be remotely considered "lame"?

He didn't rush these sequels. They've been in development for the better part of eight years.

Aliens and T2, both of which were sequels, are on par with the original (if not better).

I don't get the skepticism.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What has James Cameron done in his career that could even be remotely considered "lame"?

He didn't rush these sequels. They've been in development for the better part of eight years.

Aliens and T2, both of which were sequels, are on par with the original (if not better).

His lamest movie was Avatar. That explains my skepticism.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:17 PM 09-28-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
His lamest movie was Avatar. That explains my skepticism.
:-)
[Reply]
sully1983 06:34 PM 10-03-2017
This just keeps getting better. Kate Winslet joins the cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...iverse-1045509
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:39 PM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I liked the first one. I'll watch the second, though I'm really not sure where they'll take it.
Me neither. Not sure how they advance the story and also improve on the first film
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:45 PM 10-03-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
His lamest movie was Avatar.
Piranha 2 says hi!
[Reply]
Rausch 09:38 AM 10-04-2017
Bullshit...
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:38 AM 10-04-2017
[Reply]
BWillie 04:22 PM 10-04-2017
:-):-):-)
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I plan on dropping some shrooms and watching this on the Giant Screen at Union Station.

btw- does anyone have some shrooms?

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:35 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I plan on dropping some shrooms and watching this on the Giant Screen at Union Station.

btw- does anyone have some shrooms?
Well, it did make the first one at IMAX really mind blowing.

Um, according to my friend...
[Reply]
JD10367 05:04 PM 10-04-2017
I had the pleasure of running "Avatar" in IMAX 3D. In that format, with what was then cutting-edge computer graphics, it was amazing. It felt like you were there. The colors, the 3D, the whole world they created. The story? "Dances With Wolves" meets "Ferngully", it was a perfectly acceptable story for a leftist tree-hugger like myself.

But it was a one-shot. It's amazing success is not the kind of thing you can recreate. The technology is no longer fascinating. The story cannot be retold. Even the most ardent lovers of the first film really don't give a shit about the characters. Not to mention the first film is already EIGHT FUCKING YEARS OLD. And if December 2020 is accurate it'll be ELEVEN years in between films. It's going to bomb, and bomb tremendously.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:26 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by JD10367:
It's going to bomb, and bomb tremendously.
:-)
[Reply]
JD10367 06:38 PM 10-04-2017

Both those sequels came out 7 years later, not 11.

Both those original films had complex and interesting plots, not "Dances With Blue People".

Both those original films had blockbuster stars.

Both those sequels had stories which expanded the original and were interesting. What's this gonna be? "AVATAR 2! Now, they're in space!" Blech.

It's gonna cost $250M to make and $300M to advertise and will probably gross less than that total.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:48 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Both those sequels came out 7 years later, not 11.

Both those original films had complex and interesting plots, not "Dances With Blue People".

Both those original films had blockbuster stars.

Both those sequels had stories which expanded the original and were interesting. What's this gonna be? "AVATAR 2! Now, they're in space!" Blech.

It's gonna cost $250M to make and $300M to advertise and will probably gross less than that total.
You're out of your mind.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:00 PM 10-04-2017
You're out of your mind.
Is his $300M ad budget statement close to accurate?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up