ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Right Tackle
louie aguiar 07:41 PM 03-27-2022
Could the chiefs grab a RT with a premium pick (possibly second round)? Protecting Mahomes has to always be a priority. I don’t think we can count on Niang and OBJ will be playing on the franchise tag.

Niang's injury makes RT an underrated need for the #Chiefs (via @JMilTheHam) #ChiefsKingdom https://t.co/0KyV8IVA5a

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 27, 2022

[Reply]
Otter 07:34 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by :
How about Faalele (6'9, 387 lbs)
Wow! :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:34 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Assuming they are there? Because the likelihood is nil on the first two?

Penning is a top 20 pick all day long and you can bet your ass I'd take him at 29. No flinching, just a straight run to the podium.

There's a solid chance Smith could sneak into the back end of round 1, at 62 it's pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Faalele is a definite no from me even if the value is strong at 94. He's just not the type of tackle this team needs.

Jones at 121 is an absolute yes from me and the most likely to actually be there at that spot IMO. I want Jones and if the Chiefs don't trade one of their thirds, would probably reach a bit to ensure I got him at 103.
I think there are a handful of OT prospects that have starting RT potential that should be there in that late third to mid-fourth area.

I'm on board for taking one in lieu of a TE, only because I think they loaded up on TE last season and I think Gray and Fortson deserve this season to see if one or the other can separate themselves as a proper #2 TE.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 04-22-2022
I kind look at the OL more as a unit than pieces. So from that standpoint, they've invested alot in it already. I'm not sure you need to spend another high ish pick on it at this time.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:18 AM 04-22-2022
I'd grab one in the 3rd or 4th if there is someone there that could take the job from day 1. Otherwise I'd wait until later and take a developmental guy.
[Reply]
golfindude 09:37 AM 04-22-2022
IF Chiefs thinks O Brown is the future LT, I doubt we use a high pick at OT. BUT, if not, and a OT with value falls, they may have thoughts of drafting him to replace Brown next year. It's my opinion building the defense takes precedence though.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:24 AM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Any other RT's to watch in the draft?
I like Dare Rosenthal anywhere in the pick 150-180 range. Very athletic with a mean streak. Played LT in college but has the size to move to RT.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:21 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I like Dare Rosenthal anywhere in the pick 150-180 range. Very athletic with a mean streak. Played LT in college but has the size to move to RT.
He has 1st round athletic traits and is a guy you'd probably still take in the 2nd round based on that but the depth of his off-the-field troubles and suspension at LSU is going to be an anchor for sure. The real questions are what those troubles were, why they went on for three years, and if they were addressed or not. It could mean the difference between a team taking a shot in round 2 or taking a shot in round 6 or 7 or not at all.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:39 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He has 1st round athletic traits and is a guy you'd probably still take in the 2nd round based on that but the depth of his off-the-field troubles and suspension at LSU is going to be an anchor for sure. The real questions are what those troubles were, why they went on for three years, and if they were addressed or not. It could mean the difference between a team taking a shot in round 2 or taking a shot in round 6 or 7 or not at all.
Yeah the off-the-field issues are the thing with him, plus he's still pretty raw. I love his tape though. Runs like a 325 lb people-smashing gazelle.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:06 PM 04-29-2022
I might look to Kellen Diesch, T at 103... a little early but would solidify the O-line or Jalen Tolbert, WR.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up