ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:43 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
How about "you bow to no one?"

This is where the movie should have ended. Everyone bows, the music swells, the credits roll. Instead, it dragged on for another interminable, meaningless 30+ minutes, and I had to piss really, really bad. :-) Turns out I could have just peed and left and missed nothing of importance.

That and those stupid tree things were the only real problems I had with LOTR.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:50 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is where the movie should have ended. Everyone bows, the music swells, the credits roll. Instead, it dragged on for another interminable, meaningless 30+ minutes, and I had to piss really, really bad. :-) Turns out I could have just peed and left and missed nothing of importance.

That and those stupid tree things were the only real problems I had with LOTR.
I made it half an hour into that movie and I had to turn it off. Kudos to them, 15 more minutes than I could take during Harry Potter which somehow was worse.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I made it half an hour into that movie and I had to turn it off. Kudos to them, 15 more minutes than I could take during Harry Potter which somehow was worse.
movie wasn't made for you
[Reply]
BWillie 01:22 AM 01-05-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
movie wasn't made for you
Yeah I know. Its for children...but I was a child at the time and it still sucked.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:51 AM 01-06-2023
I listened to a review and they brought up a good point, including Spider was just like Cameron showing off. Spider is a human in a CGI movie but it looks totally natural. Pandora looks like a real place and having an actual human actor in there doesn't look weird at all.

I need to go see it again
[Reply]
Pants 12:37 AM 01-10-2023
We are getting 3, 4, and 5, boys!
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:46 AM 01-11-2023
Three more over hyped movies
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:44 PM 01-11-2023
Just saw in it IMAX 3D and it blew my mind. (It was my first IMAX 3D experience).
The visuals were amazing, and I was totally immersed.
Didn't care to even look for holes in the plot... I just enjoyed this one.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:16 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's an amazing experience that has to be seen in a theater

cameron harps on the fact that people are not going to movie theaters anymore and instead like to sit at home streaming shit

that is offensive to an artist like cameron, who's movies are MADE to be seen on the big screen

this had to be seen in a theater to be appreciated
Watched this at a friend's tonight. 60" 4k tv and it looked beautiful. I actually liked this one more than the first one. That said I'm gonna try to get to a theater before it's gone. I kept thinking this probably is amazing looking in theaters.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:46 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut:
Three more over hyped movies
Yeah yeah yeah. Avatar is so bad. Only 6 movies ever have reached 2 billion revenue. Avatar 2 is one of them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:03 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Watched this at a friend's tonight. 60" 4k tv and it looked beautiful. I actually liked this one more than the first one. That said I'm gonna try to get to a theater before it's gone. I kept thinking this probably is amazing looking in theaters.
John Wick and the visuals are also meant to be seen on a movie theater screen.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:23 AM 04-02-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
John Wick and the visuals are also meant to be seen on a movie theater screen.
Yeah I plan to see that asap
[Reply]
BEAVER 05:58 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yes.and sadly we do have a few betas that cry during animated films :-)
The word is that I cried when I was born. I don't believe it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up