ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Star Citizen : Videos inside/Discussion
BleedingRed 07:53 AM 08-23-2016

Tell me what you think! I think this game looks amazing. I know the development is taking a long time. But this is a small company making this game, and the progress they have made is amazing!

The possibilities for this game really are amazing, and the scale is going to be great! Can't wait to have real EvE online type battles!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:25 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Lot of wrong in this post. There are two games being developed. But Squadron 42 is a single player game with campaign missions in the same universe as the multiplayer Star Citizen. Both will make use of space and ground environments as well as the interior of some massive ships. If they ever finish building the game.
Huh? What was the "lots wrong'? Squadron 42 is going to be an FPS that is mostly ground based with some flying. It's also going to be payable offline.

Star Citizen will be MMORPG that is mostly space based but still have FPS elements even you land in areas that are sketchy such as the drug lab or ares that are not patrolled.

Originally Posted by :
Your entire first paragraph may not be wrong, but it may not be right either. We don't know exactly how that will all shake out at this point, but there will be pvp.
I'm pretty sure that I stated there will be some FPS things going on within star citizen. For example... the video i posted showing PVP taking place at the drug lab. But, none of that is going on at Port Olisar because it is an armistice area.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:55 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Huh? What was the "lots wrong'? Squadron 42 is going to be an FPS that is mostly ground based with some flying. It's also going to be payable offline.

Star Citizen will be MMORPG that is mostly space based but still have FPS elements even you land in areas that are sketchy such as the drug lab or ares that are not patrolled.

I'm pretty sure that I stated there will be some FPS things going on within star citizen. For example... the video i posted showing PVP taking place at the drug lab. But, none of that is going on at Port Olisar because it is an armistice area.
There is space based and ground based gameplay in both games. I have no idea why you think Squadron 42 is mostly ground based. A good portion of the game is based out of a capital ship carrier. Or why you think Star Citizen will be mostly space based. There are huge (and I mean ****ing massive) planets and moons in the alpha build right now that you can fly to and explore. Though being alpha, the content to be found at these locations is limited.

There should be plenty of FPS ground stuff and spaceship flying stuff in both games. There will be PvP, and it might be everywhere, with no armistice areas. It might go through quite a few changes before they get it where they want it.

Squadron 42 is a single player game. It is not "also going to be playable offline." It is ONLY going to be playable offline. It will have a campaign story.

Star Citizen will ONLY be playable online. And it is the persistent universe, with missions that will vary wildly depending on what you feel like doing. In Star Citizen, there will be some loose profession types that missions will be based around, for example, cargo hauling, exploration, mining, salvaging, smuggling, piracy, military, etc. But you aren't locked into any one profession, so you can do whatever you feel like and have the equipment to deal with.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:18 PM 11-28-2018
The game began development in 2011, with a scheduled release date in 2014. This thread began in 2016. It's now 2 years even further down the line. Y'all enjoying playing?
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:25 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The game began development in 2011, with a scheduled release date in 2014. This thread began in 2016. It's now 2 years even further down the line. Y'all enjoying playing?
I'm chillin with it. Cyberpunk 2077 was announced in 2012.

Shit this ambitious takes time.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:53 PM 12-04-2018
This is a video made by players in the current alpha. The game is a long way from done, but you gotta appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYTYgspKKtE
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:36 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by :
Star Citizen has been in development for well over a decade now, during which time it has raised more than $450 million in crowdfunding, and if you're wondering why it's still in an alpha state after all that time and money, the latest update from developer Cloud Imperium Games might hold a clue.

Star Citizen is doing 'bedsheet deformation' physics now, because of course it is

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:42 AM 05-08-2022
So is anyone happy with their investment in this game? This is the original Wing Commander guy right? I was never a fan of those games, but it's interesting to see where these fat devs are now. :-)
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:09 PM 05-09-2022
I'll admit that I enjoy reading about the disaster that is Star Citizen. I'm a little surprised that people still give them money though. Sure, some individuals will never admit they were scammed, but I figured enough people would have jumped ship by now.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:45 PM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I'll admit that I enjoy reading about the disaster that is Star Citizen. I'm a little surprised that people still give them money though. Sure, some individuals will never admit they were scammed, but I figured enough people would have jumped ship by now.
The non flight sim stuff looked really good, but I've never been a big flight sim or dogfighter guy..
[Reply]
Frazod 05:29 PM 05-09-2022
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
It's pretty much the video game version of Star Trek Anaxar. Both run by weasels, and neither will ever be completed.

I was sorely tempted at one point to buy into Star Citizen. Glad I didn't bother.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:26 AM 05-10-2022
Game had/has so much potential to be a FPS Eve Online type game. But they have no fucking road map set in stone.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:41 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
The non flight sim stuff looked really good, but I've never been a big flight sim or dogfighter guy..

But, someday, those sheets are going to look great!
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:19 PM 05-10-2022
I still have fun.

I've played with an Australian organization and it was a blast. We held the skies over Jumptown for about 4 hours one night while we fought off SEVERAL waves of other players/orgs coming in trying to buy drugs. We were dropping Freelancers, Caterpillar, and I even dropped in on my Cutlass and loaded up a round for myself at the end.

Best part of the night though was that my ship was heavily damaged so I landed and I began firing a railgun at someone approaching jumptown in a land vehicle and blowing them up.

Another night we invaded an empty Hammerhead, flew it out into space, and invited another org in to participate in a training scenario where we all set up as if we were the crew carrying a VIP. The other org breached the ship from an unknown location and we all communicated via Discord as to where they were. The other org had to sweep the ship looking for that one VIP and kill him.

They actually made it into the room where the VIP was but by that point there were only two of them and 5 of us so while we won... it took a heavy toll had that been reality.

Yes, some shit is buggy but there is already SO MUCH to do and it is only in Alpha.

Does is suck that it has been in alpha for 10 years. Absolutely.

Am I stoked for when it finally has a full release 15 years from now? Fuck yes I am.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:49 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
But, someday, those sheets are going to look great!
Haha I was referring to the ground combat, I had seen a video of it and it looked quite amazing.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:36 PM 05-11-2022
By the time this shit releases the gaming engine will be outdated. The graphics will look average for its time and i bet it'll be buggy as shit.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up