ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 139
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:03 AM 10-27-2022
Waited for an interesting time to do this considering Hardman just had his best game as a Chief, but I get it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:04 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Yup, not wanting to pay him the large number he might receive.

We're getting the crazy-speed WR that typically goes higher than he should in the draft for a 3rd comp.
Ultimately I think we'll probably end up washing out on the comp pick formula since we'll have some cap space to get sign some guys.

But if we don't and Hardman ends up netting a 2nd day comp pick, you're recapturing not some of the pick value, but gaining significant cap room in the process.

I like Hardman and think his role here is far more important than most will acknowledge. But if Toney hits, he's an obvious Hardman replacement long-term.
[Reply]
Iowanian 11:04 AM 10-27-2022
Small risk for potential reward. I’m glad Burt is at least trying to make some moves.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:04 AM 10-27-2022
Physical freak ,fast shifty some of the reason she hasn’t played were injury but mostly the coaching staff weren’t fans, the game he was healthy I think he go only 2 carries. I’m hoping they were using injury as an excuse to not play him.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:04 AM 10-27-2022
Now that he's a Chief I'm picking up huge Deebo Samual meets Marvin Harrison vibes.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:05 AM 10-27-2022
Good news is Toney might be able to learn the offense quicker than usual since Kafka is the OC for the Giants.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:05 AM 10-27-2022
More like a move for 2023 probably. Hardman and Ju Ju are FA's but I think we keep Ju Ju. Just a gut feeling he will want to stay with Mahomes and take a fair contract.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Good news is Toney might be able to learn the offense quicker than usual since Kafka is the OC for the Giants.
That's actually a really great point.

I'm sure somebody has spoken to Kafka about him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
FWIW, a lot of Giants fans on reddit are saying his attitude problems are overblown.
Yeah, I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the Giants fanbase here, but I'm betting they're upset to lose a former top 20 pick with a lot of team control and obvious talent for a pick around 100 in the draft.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Waited for an interesting time to do this considering Hardman just had his best game as a Chief, but I get it.
Hardman is going to get paid by someone...not top-tier $$ but more than he's worth...Chiefs know this.
[Reply]
DenverChief 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Can't find the endzone #bust /CP Reruns
[Reply]
-King- 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Indeed it is.

As I said to you in April when you said you didn't like the deal: No risk it, no biscuit.

Scared money don't make money.

This is the kind of deal that could pay ENORMOUS dividends. I don't think some recognize just how electric this kid is. Probably the best player in space in that entire draft class. And he can fucking fly.

And if it doesn't work out - okay, you lost a 3rd. {shrug} We had a spare one. And an extra 4th. Those have value but not immeasurably so. Your best case scenario with most 3rd round picks is a flyer at a position of importance (like, y'know, Kadarius Toney) or a more reliable pick at a position of LESS importance.

Well right now we have most of the second tier positions locked down pretty well for the foreseeable future. So in all probability, we'd be gambling on boom/bust guys with that pick anyway. And very possibly a WR at that.

This is a GREAT gamble.
I think the talent is very much worth taking a risk on.

But man, his attitude... I think the fact that people assume he's faking his injuries to get out of playing is one of the biggest red flags a player can have. Especially since the Giants are good this year, Daniel Jones is playing decently and they desperately need WRs.

Wish we could have gotten him for a lower pick that would upgrade to a 3rd based on his playtime/stats/team accomplishments. But it is what it is, hopefully the talent we know he has is on full display working with Reid and Mahomes. It's 100% on him now. If he chooses to grow up, then he can be a top 5-10 WR with those two guys coaching and throwing to him.
[Reply]
philfree 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
I hope it means Skyy is about to get more playing time at WR because Toney will be returning punts which is something Skyy has muffed up.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:06 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
More like a move for 2023 probably. Hardman and Ju Ju are FA's but I think we keep Ju Ju. Just a gut feeling he will want to stay with Mahomes and take a fair contract.
Bingo.

I'm not expecting a whole lot from his this year except for returning punts.

This is a move for the future.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:07 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Some background...

https://www.si.com/college/florida/f...s-trade-rumors
Probably racks up more stats in a partial season with Mahomes than Slutton, Deudy, or KJ Hamstring do all season with Mr. Unlimited POS.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 139
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up