ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 297
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:16 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Coach:
That'd be nice.

Any context? I've heard expansion plans but nothing i've read included a new video board.
[Reply]
Coach 05:40 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
That'd be nice.

Any context? I've heard expansion plans but nothing i've read included a new video board.
Just a rumor so far. The turf is going to be replaced next year, as it does need to be replaced one way or another. Plus, if I recall, Currie has been saying it as well.

But with the addition of NBAF, it supposedly could double Manhattan's population over the next 15 years. The Manhattan/JC metro area is projected to grow.

http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us/index.aspx?nid=217

"The U.S. Census Bureau estimates Manhattan's population at 52,836, as of July 1, 2009. This is an increase from the 2000 Census, which indicated the population to be 45,007. These figures include both the student population from Kansas State University as well as Fort Riley soldiers and their families residing in Manhattan."

JC - Population in July 2009: 20,932. Population change since 2000: +10.8% - http://www.city-data.com/city/Junction-City-Kansas.html

http://cjonline.com/sports/football/...money_troubles

According to Currie, K-State sold well over that last year and are on pace to surpass last years totals with this years sales. Also, on the article, it states that "The total represents a 50 percent increase from 2009 and tops the previous single-year high by more than $4 million."

It also states "The upward trends have continued through the first two months of the 2011 fiscal year. Football season ticket sales are up 1,600 from last season, with student tickets accounting for much of the increase."

"We've sold more season tickets this year than we did last year, a bunch more student tickets than we sold all year last year," Currie said. "We've gotten a great response."
[Reply]
Coach 07:48 PM 09-07-2010
Well... something just got a bit "wee" warmer...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/...t/?partner=RSS

Originally Posted by :
The never-ending story has returned.

And Bryce Brown’s father isn’t letting it die easily.

According to an interview with the former No. 1 recruit’s father on Knoxville radio station WNML, Arthur Brown is planning to hire an attorney and potentially sue Tennessee and coach Derek Dooley for denying a release for the running back from his scholarship. Dooley has repeatedly stated the criteria for his decision and indicated numerous times that it applies to every player who elects to transfer, which Brown finally did before the season and enrolled at Kansas State. Other than that, Dooley had little response to the proposed action against him by the Browns.

“I have no reaction,” Dooley said after practice Tuesday. “That’s out of my hands.”

UT seemingly had washed its hands of the situation when the request for Brown’s release was denied, as well as a subsequent appeal.

But WNML reported that Arthur Brown received a registered letter on Tuesday from UT chancellor Jimmy Cheek upholding the decision and is looking for another option to gain a release for his son, which would allow Kansas State to put Bryce Brown on scholarship right away as he sits out a mandated year for transferring.

“Bryce has done nothing wrong,” Arthur Brown told the radio station. “I don’t understand.

“If he used that criteria, he should have released Bryce. I think that’s bogus. I’m disappointed in UT’s stance.”

That stance has never wavered from Dooley, who uses three factors in evaluating each player who asks to leave the program.

Based on Brown’s sudden disappearance before spring practice and the back and forth between the player and Dooley in July, there really wasn’t any great surprise when the Vols denied his request.

“As with the other players who have asked for a release, I went through the same process with the same criteria with Bryce,” Dooley told the News Sentinel last month. “These are the three key factors - what their personal investment into the program was, did they have their heart into it and did they give it a good, fair shot. No. 2, the harm that their departure creates for the organization. No. 3, how they handle it as a professional.

“I’ve done that with every one of these guys -- with Aaron (Douglas), with Todd Campbell, with Nick Stephens, Nick Lamaison and now Bryce. So now my decision, based on those three factors with Bryce, is not to release him.”

The Browns still aren’t satisfied with that, and apparently they aren’t done trying to change UT’s mind.

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:04 PM 09-07-2010
That'd be nice.

gotta be a fan's dream. No chance we add seating at this point, unless they aim to remove the metal bleachers on the west side.
[Reply]
KevB 08:15 PM 09-07-2010
Well... something just got a bit "wee" warmer...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/...t/?partner=RSS
Dooley's an idiot. Ironic that one of the "rules" is that an 18 year old football player at an SEC school handle the situation like "a professional".
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:38 PM 09-07-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
gotta be a fan's dream. No chance we add seating at this point, unless they aim to remove the metal bleachers on the west side.
lol, I didn't even notice the seating the first time. I was looking at the video board.

Seating is a pipe dream - we rarely ever fill the stadium, no point in adding seating.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:27 AM 09-09-2010
Missouri State? Thoughts? I want to see Coffman not suck for once. No more injuries. That's about it.
[Reply]
Coach 11:25 AM 09-09-2010
Missouri State? Thoughts? I want to see Coffman not suck for once. No more injuries. That's about it.
Honestly, as long as K-State don't pull a "KU" on Missouri State, this one should be over by halftime. I'm more of wanting to make sure the back-ups/transfars to get ample playing time, particitulary Klein/Lamur in the QB position.

And of course, Coffman not to suck as well.
[Reply]
Coach 11:28 AM 09-09-2010
Oh, almost forgot. The VT series is cancelled, from what I understand.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:30 AM 09-09-2010
Oh, almost forgot. The VT series is cancelled, from what I understand.
September 9, 2010

First off, THANK YOU Wildcat fans for making last weekend a huge success – not only did we set a new football attendance record for a home-opener (that’s two years in a row!) but your support and presence led to a Wildcat Weekend sweep in football, volleyball and cross country!

Here's a quick update this week from inside K-State Athletics:

Wildcat Weekend Recap
Again, it was a terrific start to the 2010-11 season as our football, volleyball and cross country teams went a perfect 6-for-6 this past weekend. Coach Snyder and our football team were resilient in the win over UCLA on national television, and we appreciate all 51,059 of you who cheered them on to victory. We have had great crowds inside Ahearn Field House so far this season, averaging nearly 1,700 fans a match, and Coach Fritz and her squad won three straight matches to take the Varney’s Invitational, all by 3-0 scores. Over 50 former volleyball student-athletes also returned for a reunion and I enjoyed visiting with many of them and hearing stories about their time at Kansas State. Finally, our cross country teams swept the J.K. Gold Classic in Wichita on Saturday. Sydney Messick led a group of Wildcat women with a second-place finish, while Mitch Loring finished third to pace the men. Congrats to Coach Mike Smith and our cross country teams. We hope you had an enjoyable time at Bill Snyder Family Stadium and Ahearn Field House this past weekend and were able to experience some of the improvements we have made at both venues. Let us know how we are doing and ways to improve upon your experience.

Football At Home Again Saturday
We are looking forward to seeing another great crowd at Bill Snyder Family Stadium this weekend as Missouri State comes to town. It’s Band Day and we are pleased to provide a spectacular postgame fireworks show for the second year in a row. There are great seats available and if you still have your UCLA ticket, bring it to the Athletics Ticket Office or stadium box office and receive $10 off a regularly priced ticket. We also have Wildcat 4-Packs available for just $75 – that’s less than $20 per ticket – so find three others and take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to support our student-athletes.

Help Paint KC Purple
Big 12 Conference play is just one week away when we host Iowa State at Arrowhead Stadium. One of President Schulz’s top priorities has been to increase K-State’s presence in Kansas City and we need your help to Paint KC Purple next weekend. Make sure you stop by the Alumni Association’s tailgate, which begins at 7 a.m., on gameday inside the Arrowhead Pavilion, for pregame fun and festivities. Each college will also be represented displaying exhibits outside Gate F of the stadium so fans can obtain information about all of our different academic programs. Get your tickets now through either k-statesports.com or ticketmaster.com or call our ticket office at 1-800-221-CATS. Stay tuned to k-statesports.com next week as we provide further details and parking information regarding the Iowa State game. Let’s Paint KC Purple!

Football Schedule Update
When our nine-game conference schedule pattern begins next year we will of course have five conference games at home and five on the road in alternating years. As we work to have the right balance each season, we have reached a mutual agreement with Virginia Tech to cancel that series, originally for 2014 and 2016, without any financial penalty to either school. We are still on track to have our full 2011 schedule in place and announced in the near future. I appreciate your patience!

Rovelto Returns from Croatia
Coach Cliff Rovelto has returned from coaching Team Americas, comprised of international track and field athletes from North America, Central America, Caribbean and South America, to a second-place finish at the Continental Cup in Split, Croatia. His arrival back in Manhattan is just in time for this weekend’s track and field reunion as more than 100 of our former student-athletes will be on campus for Saturday’s football game and the rest of the weekend’s activities. I look forward to meeting as many of them as possible.

Another Good Friend Retires
Last time I wrote, I mentioned that Gerald Myers was retiring as Athletics Director at Texas Tech and earlier this week Lew Perkins announced his retirement as AD at the University of Kansas. I have really enjoyed getting to know Lew over the past 16 months and have the utmost respect and appreciation for what he has done for the University of Kansas, its student-athletes and the Big 12 in general. He was very welcoming when I arrived at K-State and has been a tremendous help for me during my first year here. He understands the importance of our universities and programs working together for the betterment of the state of Kansas and I admire him for that. We certainly wish him the very best.

Coming Up
Below is a list of our teams that are in action over the next two weeks – be sure to follow all of the action at k-statesports.com.
• September 10-11 – Volleyball at the Kentucky Invitational
• September 11-12 – Men’s Golf at the Wolf Run Intercollegiate
• September 11 – Football vs. Missouri State (postgame fireworks)
• September 13-14 – Women’s Golf at the Chip-N-Club Invitational
• September 15 – Volleyball vs. Kansas
• September 17 – Women’s Tennis at the Milwaukee Tennis Classic
• September 18 – Football vs. Iowa State at Arrowhead Stadium
• September 18 – Volleyball at Texas Tech

That’s it for today! We will see you this weekend at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. Thanks again for all that you do in support of our student-athletes and…. Go Cats!

John Currie
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:32 AM 09-09-2010
Build the OL/DL depth with some playing time, CC needs to show he can at least be efficient in the passing game. I WANT YO see Sammy Lamur in the game running the gawdamn option with DT in the backfield. That would be fun to watch. Most important - no injuries
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:28 PM 09-09-2010
Arthur Brown is going to look great on the field this year

:-)
[Reply]
kstater 06:30 PM 09-09-2010

[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:43 PM 09-09-2010
Lots of WRSOAT action going on right now. Perhaps they don't suck as much as I thought.
[Reply]
Coach 07:00 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Arthur Brown is going to look great on the field this year

:-)
Sounds like he was approved?
[Reply]
Page 227 of 297
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277 > Last »
Up