ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 297
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
Pants 03:58 PM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Florida/BYU GAME THREAD?

I claim this land for EMAW.
Do Arizona and 'Nova have the stupid EMAW thing as well? Honest question.

And nice win, boys. Way to represent the B12. I have you in my EE, need more of this against the mormons.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:02 PM 03-18-2010
BYU got killed on the boards both O and D. This upcoming game may be a case of letting Freddy get his and shutting off everybody else. Would be nice to foul a lot less as the polygamists do shoot FT's rather well.

Also they started 3-10 from three and then hit 7-13 to finish the game. Most of the that was Freddy. So defensive assignments will be a bitch. And they play zone more than I care to thing about.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:40 PM 03-18-2010
congrats on the victory, wildcats

way to represent
[Reply]
kstater 05:45 PM 03-18-2010
I had to leave, any word on Jake?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:18 PM 03-18-2010
Bryce Brown has left the University of Tennessee.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:22 PM 03-18-2010
Coming to Manhattan, Ks?
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:23 PM 03-18-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Coming to Manhattan, Ks?
No word on that yet.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:10 AM 03-19-2010
K-State Confidential on YouTube. Great vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2scVr7Dkok
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:34 AM 03-19-2010
Awesome vid. I know where that truckstop is I've travel through it many times.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:42 AM 03-19-2010
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
K-State Confidential on YouTube. Great vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2scVr7Dkok
Notice the jumpman stuff everyone was wearing (including Frank)? Me thinks we will have new uniforms next year...
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:33 AM 03-19-2010
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,228901

Where is Bryce Brown? 'As of now,' not on Tennessee's roster

By Matt Hinton

Don't feign surprise, Vol fans: You were duly warned when the Manhattan (Kan.) Mercury suggested earlier this month that former No. 1 running back recruit Bryce Brown might be planning to follow his brother Arthur to Kansas State rather than return to Knoxville to play for new coach Derek Dooley. At that point, according to an anonymous source, Bryce was going to "wait and see how he fits into ... Dooley's system."

Anyone who followed Brown's soap-operatic recruitment last year might have guessed then where that rumor was going. But just to make it official, Tennessee opened spring practice today, and Bryce Brown wasn't there:

The former No. 1 recruit in the country was a no-show as UT took the field under Dooley for the first time on Thursday afternoon, one day after the new coach indicated Brown hadn't approached him about possibly leaving the program.

"As of now he's not a part of the team," Dooley said.

No word out of Knoxville or Brown's native Kansas on the cause of the sophomore-to-be's unplanned absence, or, assuming he's all but finished as a Volunteer, his immediate plans. Again, though, no surprises: Tennessee knew perfectly well it was risking a colossal flake-out when its last new coach, Lane Kiffin, improbably plucked Brown from the clutches of virtually every major program in the country almost exactly a year ago this week. Brown -- like his brother, who signed with Miami as a sought-after, five-star linebacker recruit out of Wichita in 2008-- was the star protegé of a sketchy "mentor" type straight from central sleaze casting, Brian Butler, who advised Bryce right out of his longstanding commitment to join Arthur in Miami (the Hurricanes essentially dropped the younger Brown when he strung out his official decision well beyond the conventional signing day) and into the arms of a brash young scofflaw who had never coached a game as a college head coach and who would be off to his next job in less than a year.

It was like a match made in flake heaven -- Tennessee wasn't even on Bryce Brown's radar until Kiffin arrived at the last minute with his reputation for a "pro style" offense. When Kiffin suddenly bolted in January for his "dream job" at USC, the clock began ticking more loudly for Brown than for any other player on the roster; his brother's decision to leave Miami for KSU was only the spark that lit the fuse. Today, that fuse has apparently burned out as the Dooley era begins in earnest, and the entire episode has blown up in Tennessee's face.

Dooley's language ("as of now ...") does leave the door open to the possibility that Brown will be a part of the team again sometime in the future. Without more specific information or a more firm dismissal, nothing can be ruled out entirely. At this point, though, I don't think I'm reaching to assume most Tennessee fans are wondering why they'd still want him.

[UPDATE, 9:42 p.m. ET] The Associated Press says Brown has left the team, apparently for good:

Dooley said Brown told him Thursday that he was dealing with family and personal problems that included "some of the reasons why he came here." Brown was not present for practice.

"I was a little surprised, but you can only control what you can control," Dooley said. "He went through the entire offseason, but I also think that this wasn't something from the last three weeks. But I'm not here to recruit. I'm here to coach."

Dooley said Brown will finish the semester at Tennessee, but whatever "family and personal problems" have made football an afterthought remain a mystery. This story will have some legs over the next few months.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:20 PM 03-19-2010
No word on that yet.
Be patient, but it is looking very good.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 09:35 PM 03-19-2010
Notice the jumpman stuff everyone was wearing (including Frank)? Me thinks we will have new uniforms next year...
I'm kind of a tard when it comes to this stuff, but isn't Jumpman a part of Nike?

And not that I think it's a huge deal, but haven't we changed them plenty in the last 4-5 years? We went from that awful pre-Huggins jersey to the "cat scratch" stuff for about a year & a half, then changed to the current ones in the middle of the Beasley year. I guess I just don't see what's wrong with the current jersey... Now if they unveil some kind of super-badass Nike elite jersey that doesn't look like trash, I'll be cool with it.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:35 AM 03-20-2010
A loss here and the season is a wash. I hope Dom has the assignment on Fredo. Make him work for everything and hope the hand of God doesn't touch another player who goes off for 20+.
[Reply]
Dante84 05:56 PM 03-20-2010
Ugh. It's snowing outside.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 297
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up