ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 120
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:52 PM 12-08-2023
If that happened I would tow a 155mm Howitzer to the outskirts of Cooperstown and shell that fucking building to oblivion.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:53 PM 12-08-2023

Tyler O'Neill has been traded to the Mariners for Marco Gonzales, sources tell JP Morosi #STLCards

— David Kleinstuber (@DKleinstuber) December 8, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:54 PM 12-08-2023
Y'all know how many GMs are in the Hall of Fame?

4. Four.

Branch Rickey, Larry MacPhail, Ed Barrow, George Weiss...

And John Mozeliak.

Yeah - that checks out. John Mozeliak: First GM elected to the Hall of fame in 50 years. He's been THAT great.

That's the dumbest thing I've seen on the internet in awhile.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:55 PM 12-08-2023
And I weep

Tyler O’Neill is being traded to Red Sox

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 8, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Well Marco Gonzales is a Pirate after the Mariners traded him to the Braves first.

So that seems...unlikely.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:57 PM 12-08-2023
Sean McAdam saying two prospects.

Lame.

If we got two of them, they'll both be mediocre as hell. Organizational chaff. Probably a similar return to the Flaherty pile of scraps.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:06 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sean McAdam saying two prospects.

Lame.

If we got two of them, they'll both be mediocre as hell. Organizational chaff. Probably a similar return to the Flaherty pile of scraps.

Robertson was one of the arms picked up for the Dodgers in the Kiké Hernández trade. Promising bullpen guy. Santos was acquired from the Phillies for CJ Chatham a few years ago. Maybe an up/down depth pitcher.

— Alex Speier (@alexspeier) December 8, 2023

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:11 PM 12-08-2023
Promising bullpen guy seems really goddamned generous description of Robertson. You could probably put the population of your average Santo Domingo restaurant inside a huge claw machine and randomly pick out someone as talented as Santos.

If that's all you're getting there is no point to trade him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:17 PM 12-08-2023
Robertson's stuff checks out; scouting report looks solid. Mid-90s fastball with life; good breaking pitch. Might actually be something there.

I wouldn't have bothered with the bus fare for Santos, OTOH.

But that's how Mozeliak drives a hard bargain.

"We want Houck"
"We'll give you Robertson"
"Nah, I need more than that"
{Boston GM throws dart} -- "How about Victor Santana...I mean, Santos. Yeah, that's the guy. You'll love him."
"SOLD!"

This is why Mozeliak always has these deals with 3 fringe guys instead of a good one. He doesn't know who's worth a shit. So more is better; it's a chance to get lucky. Then when he stumbles ass backwards into a Genesis Cabrera or Juan Yepez, he pisses away their value, holds them too long and dumps them for scraps.

He's just really shitty at his job.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:23 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Robertson's stuff checks out; scouting report looks solid. Mid-90s fastball with life; good breaking pitch. Might actually be something there.

I wouldn't have bothered with the bus fare for Santos, OTOH.

But that's how Mozeliak drives a hard bargain.

"We want Houck"
"We'll give you Robertson"
"Nah, I need more than that"
{Boston GM throws dart} -- "How about Victor Santana...I mean, Santos. Yeah, that's the guy. You'll love him."
"SOLD!"

This is why Mozeliak always has these deals with 3 fringe guys instead of a good one. He doesn't know who's worth a shit. So more is better; it's a chance to get lucky. Then when he stumbles ass backwards into a Genesis Cabrera or Juan Yepez, he pisses away their value, holds them too long and dumps them for scraps.

He's just really shitty at his job.
MLB Trade value
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/153997
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:31 PM 12-08-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
MLB Trade value
https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/153997
Yikes
Attached: IMG_8915.jpg (26.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:26 PM 12-08-2023
Why would they deal him for such trash? Hall of fame GM? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:08 PM 12-08-2023
The Cardinals used to be the team that turned talented reclamation projects into quality players. Now, they trade the reclamation projects away.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:28 PM 12-08-2023
That’s the difference between having a GOAT coaching staff and a bunch of jabronis
[Reply]
Miles 08:13 PM 12-12-2023
Saw this exciting news on mlbtraderumors earlier. Always in a hurry to hand out an extension for declining years.

In a chat today with readers, Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that the Cardinals will approach first baseman Paul Goldschmidt at some point this offseason with the hope of discussing a contract extension. He says the club prefers to get a deal done before the start of the season but that they will leave the door open for in-season discussions. He adds that neither side expects the conversation to be contentious and the club believes they can extend him through the remainder of his career.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 120
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Up