ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 32
« First < 192526272829 303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Eureka 01:12 PM 11-30-2022
Seems Wilsons replacement Mike White has flashed some talent. He has had time to sit and develop. Maybe he is the answer for the Jets at QB?

That team sure seems to rally around him.

"Today was a complete team win" - Mike White
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:21 PM 11-30-2022
I know it sucks to have to admit, but the physical 'tools' are just a small part of it when it comes to franchise Quarterbacks. These teams fall in love with the 'tools', and talk themselves into all of the rest, when it's the rest of the stuff that determines whether these kids have 'IT' or not.

Tom Brady never had anything other than maybe slightly above average 'tools' in any category, but he had all of the intangibles and the mental processing speed, and that is why he won eleventy billion championships.

Mahomes has all of the 'tools' in spades, but the difference between him and a Zach Wilson or a Josh Rosen is all of the intangibles, the processing speed/retention, and the mentality of a winner.

Those things show up real quick.

Best thing the Jets could do is pawn him off to a desperate team that might still be in love with the 'tools' as soon as humanly possible, because this kid is not 'IT'.

Roll with White or get a Minshew type and try to win with a best 53 type-team.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:40 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Seems Wilsons replacement Mike White has flashed some talent. He has had time to sit and develop. Maybe he is the answer for the Jets at QB?

That team sure seems to rally around him.

"Today was a complete team win" - Mike White
Mike White certainly does say all the right things.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Mike White certainly does say all the right things.
And backed it up with his play on the field too. Wilson should take lessons.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:44 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I know it sucks to have to admit, but the physical 'tools' are just a small part of it when it comes to franchise Quarterbacks. These teams fall in love with the 'tools', and talk themselves into all of the rest, when it's the rest of the stuff that determines whether these kids have 'IT' or not.

Tom Brady never had anything other than maybe slightly above average 'tools' in any category, but he had all of the intangibles and the mental processing speed, and that is why he won eleventy billion championships.

Mahomes has all of the 'tools' in spades, but the difference between him and a Zach Wilson or a Josh Rosen is all of the intangibles, the processing speed/retention, and the mentality of a winner.

Those things show up real quick.

Best thing the Jets could do is pawn him off to a desperate team that might still be in love with the 'tools' as soon as humanly possible, because this kid is not 'IT'.

Roll with White or get a Minshew type and try to win with a best 53 type-team.
Wrong on Brady.

He had incredible processing speed and vision combined with an arm that is still severely underrated. Compare him to Pats current QB Mac Jones and Brady has much better arm talent.

The intangibles arguments were all used against Mahomes in the 2017 draft because he wasn't a "winner".

You need a minimum set of tools to be a top ten QB in the current NFL. It will never happen with Mike White.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:45 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Wrong on Brady.

He had incredible processing speed and vision combined with an arm that is still severely underrated. Compare him to Pats current QB Mac Jones and Brady has much better arm talent.

The intangibles arguments were all used against Mahomes in the 2017 draft because he wasn't a "winner".

You need a minimum set of tools to be a top ten QB in the current NFL. It will never happen with Mike White.
Nor will it with Zach Wilson. What will happen though, most likely, is that the Jets will make the playoffs for the first time since Caeser invaded Gaul, something they wouldn't do with Zach Wilson.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:47 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nor will it with Zach Wilson. What will happen though, most likely, is that the Jets will make the playoffs for the first time since Caeser invaded Gaul, something they wouldn't do with Zach Wilson.
Sounds like we have a Mike White believer.

Still think Tua isn't good?
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:27 PM 11-30-2022
:-)

It should be noted that for an uncomfortable length of time, Foot Fetish and Sanchise led them to a playoff win sooner than us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 11-30-2022
Sounds like we have a Mike White believer.

Still think Tua isn't good?

I think you're confusing a complete lack of faith in Zach Wilson as faith in someone else.

Stick to the topic, please.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:34 PM 11-30-2022

I think you're confusing a complete lack of faith in Zach Wilson as faith in someone else.

Stick to the topic, please.
You also had a lack of faith in Tua. That's why I asked you if you think he's still not good.

The topic is Zach and when to write off a QB so Tua is a recent QB that illustrates this.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:27 PM 11-30-2022
You also had a lack of faith in Tua. That's why I asked you if you think he's still not good.

The topic is Zach and when to write off a QB so Tua is a recent QB that illustrates this.
Tua sucked until get got an all-world WR1 and a bright young offensive-minded coach.

Pre-2022 skepticism was warranted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:37 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Tua sucked until get got an all-world WR1 and a bright young offensive-minded coach.

Pre-2022 skepticism was warranted.
So it wasn't Tua's fault? Dang, I thought it was always the QBs fault, nobody else's.

Wait wait, wait, I remember, you take blame for everything because you're the QB. I almost forgot.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:43 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
So it wasn't Tua's fault? Dang, I thought it was always the QBs fault, nobody else's.

Wait wait, wait, I remember, you take blame for everything because you're the QB. I almost forgot.
When you put up 77 yards, the smart play is to eat shit for your mistakes and shield your teammates for theirs.

Zach Wilson, lile you, isn’t smart.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:58 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
When you put up 77 yards, the smart play is to eat shit for your mistakes and shield your teammates for theirs.

Zach Wilson, lile you, isn’t smart.
Well the NYJs have the solution in place right now. Everybody is happy.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:01 PM 11-30-2022
So if Zach Wilson is an obvious bust, even to casual fans, what do you think Jets could receive for him in a trade?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 32
« First < 192526272829 303132 >
Up