View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 117 of 343
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:36 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
don't forget turning down 65 million guaranteed to take 16 million guaranteed. Works out great as long as you continue to improve and don't, I dunno, hurt your back like Mitchell.

I'd have taken the contract.
A smart person would. You can lose a season at anytime then what? He will lose millions.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:36 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
don't forget turning down 65 million guaranteed to take 16 million guaranteed. Works out great as long as you continue to improve and don't, I dunno, hurt your back like Mitchell.

I'd have taken the contract.
The smart move for him would have been to take a shorter contract and try to get a larger portion of that guaranteed. Then he could still been in his prime with a larger body of work and really cashed in.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:38 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
And this is why Baltimore did not hesitate to trade an above average LT within the division to a team desperately needed an LT and is THE team they would have to beat in the playoffs.

They knew he wanted more than he has proven he is worth.
That and Stanley was already under contract and was going to be their LT. No need to keep a guy who wants to be a LT. Heck KC traded Hill and he stayed in the AFC, so doing so is not that unusual.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:41 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Brown will be gone in 2023. We can get a better LT and pay less.

Please explain your master plan here.

You look like and genious talking about this. Either you:

1) underestimate the cost (dollars and draft capital) to acquire an above-average LT

2) underestimate how Orlando Brown ranks relative to peers

3) both

Even your previous and much-referenced PFF list has him above average amongst LT.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:42 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
And Baltimore failed to make the playoffs and we had a top 5 OL in football. But we got fleeced by those crafty Ravens!

He made us better last year than almost any replacement we could've easily acquired post-Silverback.

And you might want to familiarize yourself with the AFC West and the acclaimed HBO drama The Wire.
Baltimore failed to make the playoffs because they were decimated with injuries. I think both benefitted from the trade, although KC benefitted more because the parlayed that trade into two future All Pros.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:49 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

1) underestimate the cost (dollars and draft capital) to acquire an above-average LT

3) both

Even your previous and much-referenced PFF list has him above average amongst LT.
His plan is to pee in his own mouth because he's a fucking moron.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:55 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

3) both

I have looked at many LT lists. He's past 15 on all of them. He isn't worth highest paid money like he thinks. He's banking on playing lights out football. I don't think he can and I don't think he will accept a second tag. We will have money and 12 picks and move on.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:58 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Baltimore failed to make the playoffs because they were decimated with injuries. I think both benefitted from the trade, although KC benefitted more because the parlayed that trade into two future All Pros.
Absolutely. I was merely commenting on the fact that people here think the Ravens clearly won that trade. And that's hardly the truth.

OBJ doesn't have to be our 10yr starter at LT for it to have been a very reasonable acquisition for the Chiefs.

Yet now people are bitching about him because he refused to sign a huge contract.

Most of the people on CP thought the Ravens were idiotic to have traded OBJ to us and now they've entirely overcorrected in the other direction.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:00 PM 07-15-2022
I have looked at many LT lists. He's past 15 on all of them. He isn't worth highest paid money like he thinks. He's banking on playing lights out football. I don't think he can and I don't think he will accept a second tag. We will have money and 12 picks and move on.
Last offseason, after we missed out on Trent Williams, what would you have done as GM of the Chiefs to address the holes on the OL? At that point they were LT, C, and RG.

I await your educated response.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:05 PM 07-15-2022
I've always felt Brown is an awkward fit in Reid's offense. It could be that we plan to be more balanced offensively (LOL JUST KIDDING) or perhaps the weight Brown lost will help him be a little more nimble.

That said, he's definitely above average. And for some systems, he would be ideal-like Tennessee. Any run first, play action type team.

If he plays on the tag, we'll see how it goes and revisit. If he's not better, , we'll tag and trade him, and have ammo to either go get a guy in the draft, or we'll look at FA.

Either way, we're fine.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 07:07 PM 07-15-2022
I don't think and I don't think.
This is your most accurate post ever. I like a self-aware man!
[Reply]
penguinz 07:43 PM 07-15-2022
No one said KC should not have done the trade. A lot of people did think it was odd for Baltimore to trade him within the same conference to a team they have to beat to go anywhere.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:50 PM 07-15-2022
The trade worked great, we solved the LT position last season and were a few points away from going to the SuperBowl again.

Moving forward I doubt we are going to want to "give more security" to this guy so this is probably his last season in KC.
[Reply]
rtmike 08:01 PM 07-15-2022
Why is this such a surprise?

He said his Dad preached to him that LT was where the $$ was before we traded for him, lol.

I gotta trust Peach in this. Sorta like the the dl, de.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:02 PM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

OBJ doesn't have to be our 10yr starter at LT for it to have been a very reasonable acquisition for the Chiefs.

Yet now people are bitching about him because he refused to sign a huge contract.

Most of the people on CP thought the Ravens were idiotic to have traded OBJ to us and now they've entirely overcorrected in the other direction.
I don't disagree with you in the slightest, but I also don't know what to tell you. That's the age we live in...

I'm not mad at either party, we'll see how things play out I guess
[Reply]
Page 117 of 343
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up