View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 106 of 343
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:40 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Find a LT next offseason and then tag and trade Brown.
There aren’t many options and if there were it would be very expensive
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:41 AM 07-15-2022
He can go. They offered him way too much and he still said no. Idiot.
[Reply]
-King- 10:42 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Deadline is quickly approaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh ..it's already been settled that he's not getting a deal.
[Reply]
-King- 10:43 AM 07-15-2022
It's time to start the Chris Long hype train up again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There aren’t many options and if there were it would be very expensive
You’re looking a year into the future. Of course there aren’t any options right now. You don’t know what can happen a year from now.

Brown can play on the tag this year and then revisit it next offseason. If he wants to be a hard ass again…then he can be fucking gone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
You could at least get the player right.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:47 AM 07-15-2022
Well, the Chiefs offered him a deal that was more than fair. It's strange for him to say he wanted more "security" in the deal, and instead choose to play this year under the tag, risking injury or underachievement, in the hope of doing better next season.

Good luck with your business decision, Orlando. Hope you play like you're in a contract year.
[Reply]
-King- 10:48 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You could at least get the player right.
I legimately can't even remember his first name. He was that irrelevant. He might as well share names with his brother. I just remember the hilarious hype train around him.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:50 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I know Andy Reid will handle this the best way possible, but my worry now is that OBJ is going to dawdle to sign his tag until after training camp.

And I know training camp and preseason ain't what it used to be and several coaches run their practices UNDER the limit of padded contact and practice hours, etc., but the absolute best case scenario that could come out of this is that the Chiefs break even and Brown is just simply ready to play Week 1.

We've got Super Bowls to win.
Brown is betting on this season raising his stock. He has no reason to show up out of shape or late to camp, or to be lazy this season. Quite the opposite.

He could have been paid like a top tackle today. Instead, he has set this year up as make or break for himself hoping to get more. He *should* be highly motivated.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:50 AM 07-15-2022
I really don't think this helps his Agent make a name for himself not getting a deal done.

Just hire someone with no experience dealing with mega million dollars.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:52 AM 07-15-2022
Should've had that same mentality for the combine and absolutely shit all over himself then. He needs to be in camp to at least make sure he's conditioning properly. If he shows up right before week one and is back up to a sub 380 weight we're in some deep shit.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:54 AM 07-15-2022
I'd be on the phone right now with Fisher just get him in camp to make Brown sweat his job could be taken.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:55 AM 07-15-2022
I legimately can't even remember his first name. He was that irrelevant. He might as well share names with his brother. I just remember the hilarious hype train around him.
Jake Long was deserving of the "hype" based on his collegiate career and pedigree, and he was living up to it with Miami for 3-4 seasons, starting every game and going to Pro Bowls, until injury problems caught up with him. To act like Long was some sort of a draft bust or a fraud is just silly.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:56 AM 07-15-2022
Excuse my ignorance, but is he on the squad this season>?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:59 AM 07-15-2022
Originally Posted by dtrain:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022...ontract-offer/

The Kansas City Chiefs and LT Orlando Brown Jr. are not expected to reach a deal ahead of Friday afternoon’s deadline.

NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reports that Brown Jr.’s agent, Michael Portner, says the two sides weren’t able to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. There is still time ahead of the deadline, but this seems to suggest that the sides are too far apart on one particular part of the contract offer to bridge the gap ahead of the deadline.

Pelissero also reports that the Chiefs offered Brown Jr. a six-year contract, which provided the highest signing bonus and average per year for a left tackle in the NFL. Chiefs Wire is told the signing bonus exceeded $30 million and the average per year was around $23.5 million, which is more than Trent Williams received last offseason. Kansas City was willing to fully guarantee the first two years of the contract, just as it would be if he’d play under the franchise tag each year. Brown Jr.’s team decided there was not enough guaranteed money over the life of the contract, ultimately nixing any potential for a deal to take place.

“We got really close,” Portner told Pelissero. “We enjoyed dealing with the Chiefs and we understand their position as well. I’m not gonna let these athletes sign a flashy contract without the substance or security there.”

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reported on Thursday evening that the two sides were still talking shop despite reports that they remained far apart on a deal. There is still time for the two sides to come to an agreement and this report could be Brown Jr.’s side trying to get a better offer out of Kansas City before the deadline comes up at 3:00 p.m. CT. Right now, it sounds as if he’ll be playing on the franchise tag, earning a fully-guaranteed $16.6 million for the 2022 NFL season.
Well then, fuck him!
[Reply]
Page 106 of 343
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109110116156206 > Last »
Up