ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 87
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:48 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Mahomes won’t need 7 SBs to grab the title away from Brady when his career is done.

If he gets even 4 titles, puts up the stats he currently does for most of his career, and never ceases to entertain or come up clutch, people won’t care about the title difference.

They know Mahomes will have had to go up against murderers row of QBs in his own conference every season, while Brady had… uhh… Rodgers? Manning? Flacco… lol
I don’t disagree with this. I just think 7 SBs at this point (assuming we go this year) is totally doable.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:53 PM 01-29-2022
Luckiest prick in the history of the league and it's not particularly close. Got carried by his top 10 defenses for a majority of his playoff success. Throw in a little bit of cheating, anemic division, some clutch moments on his own right and you have the career of Tom Brady.

His accomplishments will soon be demolished by the true GOAT of the NFL – Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:54 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Mahomes won’t need 7 SBs to grab the title away from Brady when his career is done.

If he gets even 4 titles, puts up the stats he currently does for most of his career, and never ceases to entertain or come up clutch, people won’t care about the title difference.

They know Mahomes will have had to go up against murderers row of QBs in his own conference every season, while Brady had… uhh… Rodgers? Manning? Flacco… lol
Big Ben will be a HOFer. And Brady's dominance of the conference prevented several people from getting more recognition. Take Rich Gannon. He was MVP of the league one year and in the top 5 another year but Brady's team beat him the playoffs.

4 of the 6 all time leaders in passing yards are either Brady or players Brady played against in the AFC post season . Rivers, Big Ben and Peyton Manning. The NFC just has one (Brees) so it can easily be argued that Brady played in the tougher conference for quarterbacks during his career.

Brady has never gone up directly against a QB. NFL football isn't tennis or golf and it isn't even the NBA/MLB where the same players at least usually play on offense and defense.

Brady for sure sometimes lost but he also beat some historically great defenses along the way including "The Legion of Boom" and some other legitimate top defenses.

The league has changed even more since Brady entered. Besides the rule changes, the top skill position athletes who can't play QB are now playing wide receiver much more and running back much less. This favors QB's. In the past someone like Chase on Cincy may play another position like perhaps running back but now he would have to be dumb as a rock to settle for that position if he can play receiver/cornerback.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:54 PM 01-29-2022

Father Time did not cause Tom Brady to retire. Just my opinion, I think the NFL's COVID protocols pushed him out one year early. My 2 cents.

— Jason Whitlock (@WhitlockJason) January 29, 2022

And there's the dumbest take of the day.
[Reply]
eDave 02:56 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

You are giving that too much credit.
[Reply]
oldman 02:59 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Good. I never have to watch that shit again.

The loss to the rams was the first properly officiated game I’ve seen Brady in, in what 5 years?
That was probably the final straw for him, especially after the unsportsmanlike call. "What? Me, the GOAT Tom Brady? Well, I'll just take my ball(s) and go home!! I have a supermodel wife worth $400M, so I'll just bang her."

Frankly Tommyboy, no one outside 2 teams and ESPN gives a shit.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:00 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
You think brady's coming back at 47? :-)
I wouldn’t put anything past him. He’ll spend two years in a hyperbaric chamber or suspended animation or some shit just so he can re-emerge into a new storyline. And everyone will think it’s wonderful.

But GOD FORBID if Patrick Mahomes wins two Super Bowls. “Oh, we’re so tired of this, give us something new!”
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:01 PM 01-29-2022
Looks like he didn’t tell the Bucs his plan. Lmao, what a classy guy.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:01 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Yea it has nothing to do with basically Tampa's entire starting lineup being FAs.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:03 PM 01-29-2022
Pretty much ruined the integrity of the game and make people wonder why there are conspiracy theories.

How many times have the Patriots and Tom Brady been caught cheating and lost draft picks but how many more times have they not been caught cheating?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:03 PM 01-29-2022
Happy to take Devin White off their hands to play next to Gay and Bolton if they want to have a fire sale this offseaaon.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
If we make this one that is three straight. Patrick is only 27? 4 or more is totally possible. Especially if we can get there one or two more times before Kelce and Hill fall off.
I think 4 is a realistic goal. But that's still a far cry from 7.

Brady needed incredible luck, consistently great defenses/coaching, huge officiating advantages, and he had to play to his mid-40s to pull it off.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 03:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Luckiest prick in the history of the league and it's not particularly close. Got carried by his top 10 defenses for a majority of his playoff success. Throw in a little bit of cheating, anemic division, some clutch moments on his own right and you have the career of Tom Brady.

His accomplishments will soon be demolished by the true GOAT of the NFL – Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.
Patrick will have to have more Superbowl titles than Brady to do it but the important thing is that Patrick needs to stay healthy or Brady's accomplishments is not going to be demolished
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Happy to take Devin White off their hands to play next to Gay and Bolton if they want to have a fire sale this offseaaon.
Ben Niemann had a better PFF grade than White last year…
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:05 PM 01-29-2022
I hope hr gets ED and has to get a divorce.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 87
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up